Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gangland Shootings part 4 - Read OP before posting - updated 30/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,221 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Roo Redmond out on bail.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Kaizer Sosa

Depends if youv commited to certain lifestyle than a big no unless your target be stupid not to .The way i see it information is a killer the less i know better best be dumb deaf and blind.In genreral its best to mind one business obviosly there exceptions but in general most shoooting is tied people get killled for a reason its not nice but 99% know the consequences its not nice but the way it is.When stuff happens outside like vg gets solved quick because they bring serious heat on evreybody same as bodys .You hear about the 10% but 90% of criminals know the way only dub has heat because there brought up with an egotiscial attitudes and never last long if your a crim and in the papers forget about it most of the country except the knas have a n understanding.Obviosly you have exceptions but usally they get sorted in the end

Jeez man, when it comes to unintelligible posts on this thread there's an extremely high bar but I think you've just raised it to a level that I don't see being beaten. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Jeez man, when it comes to unintelligible posts on this thread there's an extremely high bar but I think you've just raised it to a level that I don't see being beaten. :p

it was typed out in perfect english, then google translated to mandarin and then translated back to english

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Ush1 wrote: »
    Wasn't one of the Generals lads a nonce as well? From memory, he stuck by him.
    Jo-Jo Kavanagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ElBastardo1

paw patrol wrote: »
    Oh Noes :pac:
    How will I cope with the your disdain and that of your likers.
    For a thread on gangland and murder where we have posters who were involved in crime, did time, people who know criminals and (probably) active criminals, there sure is a large gathering of pissy pants sensitive souls.

The truth is , it's the a phrase I used. I was doing 2 things at once and eloquence wasn't my main concern.

bang on.
    There is a huge difference between a normal joe who is a witness and a criminal who gives evidence for their benefit.
    There can be exceptions -anybody who gave evidence in a case of sex abuse (and similar) would be a commended.

Congrats on being so hard, you wouldn't rat. This is the thing though, I've been dealing with scumbags all my life. School yard bullies who expect to kick the **** out of some lad and if he tells the teacher, "he's a rat". You're all full of **** once someone comes along bigger and stronger. We live in a society were a lot of people don't play by the rules and expect everyone to accept it. The thing is, the Gardai have alot of there information because people in these circles protect themselves by ratting and hope it doesn't come to light. Anyone facing 10 years in a cell, will have a story to tell to try help themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭beerbellybob

Birneybau wrote: »
    Roo Redmond out on bail.
    What’s his involvement in coolock feud?
    Is he on the littles side or with the lie detector dude?
    Was he suspected of any of the killings?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭6541

Roo Redmond seem like a comic figure. Loses Money to Cab, to some buck he met in Lanza, Ends up in clink in the North. He is not very good at his chosen career.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Thesiger

Thanks

Suspected on here of setting up his friend Davis. Thought to be responsible for the double-shooting in St Margarets in January. Probably involved in tit-for-tat feuding with the anti-virus brothers from Kilmore. Escaped a hit by hiding in his bathroom last September in Donaghmede. Seems to be very good friends with the comedy relief of Irish gangland.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭jay1988

Thanks

The coolock fued is a bit more complicated than that, Little and lie detector dude are only a small portion of that fued, a lot of these lads grew up together and some of them would've been very close, like MI that was shot at roo's house and the Nortons, they were extremely close growing up.

There would be 4 or 5 different groups, some of them would work together, some don't, but wouldn't get involved with fueding with others, if that makes sense.

As I said it's quite complicated and I know one part of it started over a personal issue rather than anything gang related.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Mrlouth

jay1988 wrote: »
    The coolock fued is a bit more complicated than that, Little and lie detector dude are only a small portion of that fued, a lot of these lads grew up together and some of them would've been very close, like MI that was shot at roo's house and the Nortons, they were extremely close growing up.

There would be 4 or 5 different groups, some of them would work together, some don't, but wouldn't get involved with fueding with others, if that makes sense.

As I said it's quite complicated and I know one part of it started over a personal issue rather than anything gang related.

Who is MI? Any links

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Thesiger

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Mrlouth

• Registered Users Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭GBX

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

IRE60 wrote: »
    Will ye get to fcuk.

Here's a name for you: Christy Griffin.

When it emerged that he had been abusing his partners daughter, for 8 years, half his team stuck with him - knowing what he did.

Anybody in his 'crew' come forward. No! Her fcuking grandmother lead the charge which lead to his conviction.
    The pretend omertà sh1t here is becoming increasingly boring and tiresome.

I've no idea what Griffin and his gang's morality have to do with my opinion on the difference between witnesses & rats.
    Maybe you could elaborate?

Congrats on being so hard, you wouldn't rat. This is the thing though, I've been dealing with scumbags all my life. School yard bullies who expect to kick the **** out of some lad and if he tells the teacher, "he's a rat". You're all full of **** once someone comes along bigger and stronger. We live in a society were a lot of people don't play by the rules and expect everyone to accept it. The thing is, the Gardai have alot of there information because people in these circles protect themselves by ratting and hope it doesn't come to light. Anyone facing 10 years in a cell, will have a story to tell to try help themselves.

Thanks for the compliment :rolleyes:

In fairness aside from your dig at me, I actually agree with your point.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

What was the connection between Michael Barr and the Hutch faction or Regency shooting? His murder and that of Daithi Douglas are frequently cited as revenge hits for the shooting of David Byrne, but apart from Douglas' association with the Hutch's there's never anything more specific, and I haven't even heard Barr spoken of as a member of the gang or anything like that. Most of the attacks targeted either people extremely close to / related to The Monk, or people who were suspected of actual involvement in the Regency plot, but these two seem to be outliers in this regard unless I'm missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

What was the connection between Michael Barr and the Hutch faction or Regency shooting? His murder and that of Daithi Douglas are frequently cited as revenge hits for the shooting of David Byrne, but apart from Douglas' association with the Hutch's there's never anything more specific, and I haven't even heard Barr spoken of as a member of the gang or anything like that. Most of the attacks targeted either people extremely close to / related to The Monk, or people who were suspected of actual involvement in the Regency plot, but these two seem to be outliers in this regard unless I'm missing something?

Barr was suspected of using his dissident links to supply the guns for the Regency

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Pinoy adventure

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Barr was suspected of using his dissident links to supply the guns for the Regency

Them ak47s.
    Was he mates with JD from the naven road the Sinn Fein fella ?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭bigsuge1

Christopher Coakley out.

Hard to get the head around him joining the side who murdered his cousin.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭MTKcleaners

P.Walnuts wrote: »

And easy enough for Biggie to get the info passed to DK, and get rid of another thorn in his side after the ryans, obviously biggie would never play everyone along. :p

bigsuge1 wrote: »
    Christopher Coakley out.

Stupid ****en head on capper the gob****e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,826 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

I remember reading he was blamed for trying to kill one of the Kinahan gang at a previous boxing tournament at the Red Cow. The gun jammed I think and the man he tried to shoot recognised him.

He was wounded after being shot a few times in the back afterwards while out walking his dog and then reassured that he would not be targeted again because he was told they believed him that it wasn't him at the Red Cow.

He was also an ex IRA member who did a long sentence for trying to shoot a Garda during or just after a robbery, from what I read he seemed like an interesting individual.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

I remember reading he was blamed for trying to kill one of the Kinahan gang at a previous boxing tournament at the Red Cow. The gun jammed I think and the man he tried to shoot recognised him.

He was wounded after being shot a few times in the back afterwards while out walking his dog and then reassured that he would not be targeted again because he was told they believed him that it wasn't him at the Red Cow.

He was also an ex IRA member who did a long sentence for trying to shoot a Garda during or just after a robbery, from what I read he seemed like an interesting individual.

He tried too shoot Liam roe in the mad cow

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭rodmn2377

Christopher Coakley out.

His sister has kids with Paul Grey who is well up the kinahan ladder and other sister goes out with one of the thompsons too so he is well intertwined with them... it was said on here before before this all blew up a lot of these were extremely close..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Ah Jaysus. :eek:

It has to be said, while the Kinahans' assassins are obviously a lot better financed and better organised, their enemies also seem to have an inordinate amount of bad luck and near misses. Of course, that could also be down to the lack of organisation, but it does seem that sheer blind luck has shielded the Kinahan side far more often when someone has targeted one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭ghostfacekilla

Christopher Coakley out.

Probably more of a ‘I’ll join whoever keeps me most full of drugs’.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

Jesus lads if you cant see the IRA connection to one side of that feud you have to struggle with the basics.

IRA man managing pub right in the territory.

IRA men getting shot all over the place at the time.

IRA men thought to have supplied the AKs

IRA providing safe houses in the north.

IRA for years providing drug dealer licences to people who pay up.

One side of the feud known for military precision robberies, just like the IRA.

A few IRA men shot and many drug dealers thinking they dont need licences from them to sell drugs in the run up to this.

Im not saying its the route cause but the international outfit didnt want to give up a few quid for the cause and they threw their weight behind their friends.

Of course the IRA dont exist anymore and any mention of this in the media may upset the peace process.

The Loyalists dont sell drugs either and hate drug dealers. These paramilitaries are very like each other. They march on drug dealers who dont pay them.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ElBastardo1

paw patrol wrote: »
    I've no idea what Griffin and his gang's morality have to do with my opinion on the difference between witnesses & rats.
    Maybe you could elaborate?

Thanks for the compliment :rolleyes:

In fairness aside from your dig at me, I actually agree with your point.

Well my dig was more a dig if you believe the whole 'Omerta' BS. How do the Gardai on a daily basis drop notices to people that their lives are at risk. someone is talking, and not just 1 or 2 people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Beltby

rodmn2377 wrote: »
    His sister has kids with Paul Grey who is well up the kinahan ladder and other sister goes out with one of the thompsons too so he is well intertwined with them... it was said on here before before this all blew up a lot of these were extremely close..

There's families in town with people married to both sides.
    Most of these people just want to get on with their lives and want nothing to do with the feud.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,826 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Computer says "No".

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement

Computer says "No".

Him and Darren kearns were blamed on the shooting in the mad cow that's why both were killed.

Advertisement