Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Denis Villeneuve’s Dune

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

https://twitter.com/trailertrack/status/1301513071417085954?s=20

3 mins trailer ? maybe the movie is 3 hours so

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Shít. It only just hit that our first will be barely out of the oven when this comes out. Home release for me then, there's no way we'll get to the cinema. Damn, I already resent my son lol (kidding, of course)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Dufflecoat Fanny

pixelburp wrote: »
    Shít. It only just hit that our first will be barely out of the oven when this comes out. Home release for me then, there's no way we'll get to the cinema. Damn, I already resent my son lol (kidding, of course)

Thats rotten luck. I'll be turning 40 the night of the premiere. Best present ever to see it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Thats rotten luck. I'll be turning 40 the night of the premiere. Best present ever to see it

Haha, I mean I should say I'm excited to meet my new best friend and adventure buddy - just for when he signs up to Boards and reads Dad's post history lol - but yeah I'm disappointed that having waited decades for another stab at Dune I'll miss the chance to see it on the big screen.

Come on second wave; push that release back a few more months! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,909 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

A trailer for a trailer !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Niska

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

and then some

• Registered Users Posts: 18,895 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

peteeeed wrote: »

Chalamet is going to be a real, real, weak spot in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Tony EH wrote: »

Not the Paul I imagined but I'm always disappointed with movie depictions of my own imagination.

Overall, I think it looks epic. Villeneuve might have cracked the impossible transition of Dune from book to film but we won't really know until we see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,462 ✭✭✭brevity

Tony EH wrote: »

Why’s that? I’m not familiar with Dune, is it a casting issue or acting ability?

I've not read the book but I do like chalamet and the trailer does look epic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Hoping this gets pushed to 2021, looks like a real threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Where is Sting ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Where is Sting ?

He’s off making sure people aren’t standing too close to one another.

brevity wrote: »
    Why’s that? I’m not familiar with Dune, is it a casting issue or acting ability?

Going by his line delivery in that trailer, I am not at all enthused by him. I wasn't thrilled at his casting in the first place though, I'll admit. But I fear he'll end up just being an annoying mumbler all the way through the film.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So will we get a one on one between Aquaman and Drax.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Ohhh, that looks good.

Where is Sting ?

1:14

Second guy from the left, bottom of the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

I am enthusiastic about the trailer, and I am hopeful about Chalamet from what I've seen there.

Interesting that he used the word "crusade" where the books would have used "jihad". I wonder if they've toned down the Arabian analogues among the fremen seeing as that's all gotten harder to navigate since the book was written.
    brevity wrote: »
    Paul is a pretty difficult character to nail, because he's a protagonist who goes from the somewhat callow teenaged son of a duke to being a religious/military leader inspiring fanatical devotion over the course of the story and just a few years. It's difficult to cast someone who is really impressive at both halves of his story.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

You can do a lot worse then Chalamet for this role, he has mostly made more independent movies, he has acting ability.... Also if your going to be a messiah/God you need great hair

Who else could you have gotten ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

He also has that great youthful arrogance mode that's perfect for young Paul, and can switch into a much more human and emotional mode later on. Chalamet is a great choice imo.

I'm more excited to see what Rebecca Ferguson can do!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

Will definitely be going to see that whenever it comes out. One of my favourite books since forever!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,441 ✭✭✭✭banie01

That trailer is everything I'd hoped for, and nothing I'd feared :D

I'm a very happy Dune fan right now!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Kind of annoyed they showed the worms, I wanted that saved for the cinema but feck it. The Beast looks cool as well as the body shields. I'm not going to watch any more trailers from now. I went to see Tenet having avoided everything except the first trailer and it was all the better for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,793 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

You can do a lot worse then Chalamet for this role, he has mostly made more independent movies, he has acting ability.... Also if your going to be a messiah/God you need great hair
    Who else could you have gotten ?

He was very good in The King in a similar role... feckless prince thrust into battle.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Advertisement