Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Kilkenny Shop have their Christmas range online :)

Code CHAMPIONS gets you €15 off a €75 spend ;)

https://www.kilkennyshop.com/christmas

If anyone could be so kind as to point me in the direction of fat free Christmas treats, my wedding dress would be much obliged :P

Thanks for the code! I've already made a start on OH's Christmas presents, might find something on there too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

If anyone could be so kind as to point me in the direction of fat free Christmas treats, my wedding dress would be much obliged :P

Thanks for the code! I've already made a start on OH's Christmas presents, might find something on there too :D

Fat free treats. Well I laughed. Meet your sister here. I need to loose a few pounds.

Fat free treats. Well I laughed. Meet your sister here. I need to loose a few pounds.

Triplets!!

I still have baby weight to lose....a year after having my son!!:P I currently have an apple crumble, with cinnamon, in the oven...fat free, of course!

Glad to know I'm not alone :pac:

Ooh I love apple crumble! I might actually make some myself one of the days :D

Himself landed home a few minutes ago with a pack of kinder buenos :o

• Advertisement

Glad to know I'm not alone :pac:

Ooh I love apple crumble! I might actually make some myself one of the days :D

Himself landed home a few minutes ago with a pack of kinder buenos :o

I can see why you're marrying him, great choice of bar :D

jellybear wrote: »
    I can see why you're marrying him, great choice of bar :D

He does have excellent taste :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Registered Users Posts: 37,853 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

things looking promising in regards the pubs opening

Xmas pints will be a thing again :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    things looking promising in regards the pubs opening

Xmas pints will be a thing again :D:D

All going well pubs should be opened by mid month. The number of cases today is worrying tho.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Loughc wrote: »
    All going well pubs should be opened by mid month. The number of cases today is worrying tho.

Yeag but with social distancing and time restrictions will it be there same i wonder...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,216 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Yeag but with social distancing and time restrictions will it be there same i wonder...

How can it, how many will be let in, will you queuing for next person to come out for you to get a pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,236 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    How can it, how many will be let in, will you queuing for next person to come out for you to get a pint.

Actually in a strange way it might be good. Less crowds, nobody standing up on you spilling drinks, less noise so you can have a chat.

Actually in a strange way it might be good. Less crowds, nobody standing up on you spilling drinks, less noise so you can have a chat.

Reminds me of people saying when the smoking ban came in that pubs and the atmosphere would be ruined.....makes you wonder how or why we put up with smoking in them.

Table service as well. So no more queuing for pints.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Took the fireplace kit in from the shed today - basic tools, fireguard, and the remains of last years kindling and briquettes.

This always feels like a Christmas milestone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

I am driving my OH mad humming Christmas tunes and talking about planning. I am up at 5 some mornings and its nice and dark so I throw on "cant wait till Christmas" podcast in the car. Perks me up for the tough day ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Don'y know if it's the year that's in it, whether it's because we are into September or I'm just a Christmas nut.
    But every evening I go through the channels on the telly hoping that a Christmas movie channel or Christmas music channel or Christmas cooking shows have started to come on.
    It just feels like I can't bloody wait for the season to start this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,143 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Don'y know if it's the year that's in it, whether it's because we are into September or I'm just a Christmas nut.
    But every evening I go through the channels on the telly hoping that a Christmas movie channel or Christmas music channel or Christmas cooking shows have started to come on.

You're far from being alone. Can't come fast enough.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

I hear you !
    For me with the start of September the season has already kicked off: September and the first half of October are about cozying up and the beautiful colours in the parks/woods when the weather is good for a walk.
    And quiet time for reseaching presents and planning before it gets hectic.
    I am really into Autumn cozying up and love everything about it: teas, throws, stews...

Second half of October is about Halloween, and then we are flying !

P.S. great news about the Lindt tin. Plenty of time to decide re: sharing or not !

Posy wrote: »
    SWEET JESUS.

Am ordering on Amazon as soon as they become available.

For anyone near Kildare Village, the Lindt shop had 1kg Santa's after Christmas for €25

I paid €48 before last Christmas in Debenhans which was better than €60 in Brown Thomas and Dunnes....

• Registered Users Posts: 30,236 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We're into the 100's

10b3d155-6690-48de-9bc9-e5ba5f0c2aee.jpeg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Next Thursday will be double digits! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Loughc wrote: »
    Table service as well. So no more queuing for pints.

Will most likely end the '12 pubs of Christmas' carry on. I am definitely getting old as cant stand this now!

Saw that in the countdown thread and was going to post there, double digits is nearly here. Is always a big milestone for me :)

Always a big milestone for me in the countdown to Christmas.
    TRS30 wrote: »
    Will most likely end the '12 pubs of Christmas' carry on. I am definitely getting old as cant stand this now!

Yep same, I had partaken in my fair share between 2011-2015 but now I absolutely despise them.
    Caranica wrote: »
    Am I the only one who detests Lindt? Especially Lindor, they're just manky!!!

I don't know what to say to this... I thought Lindor was universally loved :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Don't know how big an interest is for them here but Tayto are putting Banshee Bones back out in the shops for the next couple of months.

Due to enormous demand Lots of posts about Chocolate and Sweets moved to it's own thread :)

Don't know how big an interest is for them here but Tayto are putting Banshee Bones back out in the shops for the next couple of months.

YES!!

I love these, they were perfect hangover fuel back in the day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Dublin Zoo have confirmed that Wild Lights will not be going ahead this year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement