Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,236 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Not to be negative but the reason why I think I might hold back on purchasing the mask decorations, etc is because we might need them for Christmas 2021 as well.
    I'd also question would I want to be looking at it on the tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Just spotted this thread about making Mince Pies on the Food forum...

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058111135/1/#post114540783

Phormium deserves some sort of award for their mince pies. They look amazing!!!

I'm on career break this year and am thinking of doing a bit of Christmas baking since I'll have the time...we shall see! My little boy will be walking by then so I might not have any free time!:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

jellybear wrote: »
    Just spotted this thread about making Mince Pies on the Food forum...

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058111135/1/#post114540783

Phormium deserves some sort of award for their mince pies. They look amazing!!!

Our friends over in the food forum do a great Christmas dinner thread, they usually start it 2 weeks before the big day, so useful for tips and hints.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'm hungry already. :D

119080558_2735618670094070_6329761036491660041_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=73qpZ4QZiq4AX_MbbUe&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=0ab66cf5d11ef5a0e00daa6bf0200f59&oe=5F7EA0C0

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Oh 2 for €10 is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,143 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I remember getting those foxes biscuits last year in the black tin thinking they were great value, until we opened it & realised it was a single tray with sod all biccies inside!

Still tasty mind.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

I like the look of the Oreo box !

• Registered Users Posts: 22,243 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I may have just bought my first Christmas pjs today :D I’m not buying any biscuits this year. I still have the large box of Cadbury’s chocolate fingers from last year, still in date :D

DvB wrote: »
    I remember getting those foxes biscuits last year in the black tin thinking they were great value, until we opened it & realised it was a single tray with sod all biccies inside!

Still tasty mind.

There were absolute ructions in my parent's home last year over that tin! There were all sorts of accusations being thrown around, they were convinced there was a second tray and that some heathen had opened the box and taped it back up :pac: I was glad I was there to witness it and egg them on, a memory I'll always cherish :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Logged on for the first time in ages - maternity leave and back to school have taken up all my time. There literally aren't enough hours in the day!

Our Christmas plans are at full steam here - we've the Big Man sorted out for one child, got a couple of small bits and stocking fillers for the other two :) Also got the teachers Christmas present organised - a Newbridge ornament (someone suggested it here last year - great idea as they aren't dear & they are a bit different).

Hope everyone is keeping well and staying safe :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

Good to see you back CheerLouth, you're on top of it.

We have a government announcement at 5pm, looks like another lockdown and curfew.

Jude13 wrote: »
    Good to see you back CheerLouth, you're on top of it.

We have a government announcement at 5pm, looks like another lockdown and curfew.

Rumour has it we’re set to have one Friday with Dublin going into lockdown again.

Loughc wrote: »
    Rumour has it we’re set to have one Friday with Dublin going into lockdown again.

Don't think it'll be as severe as before, thats unsustainable in reality. At least I hope not!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Don't think it'll be as severe as before, thats unsustainable in reality. At least I hope not!!

Yep think everything will remain open as it is today but with say the 5 or 10 or 20km limit for leaving the house.

Society and the economy can't keep going into lockdown as soon as numbers spike between now and when a vaccine is available in 12-18 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Logged on for the first time in ages - maternity leave and back to school have taken up all my time. There literally aren't enough hours in the day!

Our Christmas plans are at full steam here - we've the Big Man sorted out for one child, got a couple of small bits and stocking fillers for the other two :) Also got the teachers Christmas present organised - a Newbridge ornament (someone suggested it here last year - great idea as they aren't dear & they are a bit different).

Hope everyone is keeping well and staying safe :D

Good to hear from you CL and that things are good. Sounds like you are well on top of things :)

Was chatting to a friend last night who is getting married in November, they are less optimistic now then a few weeks ago that they will be able to have more then 50 people there.

Overall people seem a bit more resigned to some measures being reintroduced based on anyone i have been talking to.

Oh 100% they won’t. People will still travel to work and shops and pubs will still open. I imagine public and private gatherings will be not allowed. Which is great saves me have to make excuses for having to change out of my tracksuit on the weekend :pac:

Big weekend of sport coming up. Premiership and NFL both back.

https://images.app.goo.gl/qHBULQkPK673hDd9A

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Oh 100% they won’t. People will still travel to work and shops and pubs will still open. I imagine public and private gatherings will be not allowed. Which is great saves me have to make excuses for having to change out of my tracksuit on the weekend :pac:

https://images.app.goo.gl/qHBULQkPK673hDd9A

I've never watched the NFL, but I'd like to get into it. It would be nice to have another sport to watch alongside Premier League.

Looking forward to the NFL, its been a long wait. Reasonably confident of the division this year but with my lot anything can happen.

• Advertisement

Hate having to put jeans on now let alone slacks or a suit!
    Looking forward to the NFL, its been a long wait. Reasonably confident of the division this year but with my lot anything can happen.

Let's hope not :D

Maybe next year we could look at a fantasy NFL league. Is quite a few fans here.

There was Christmas decorations in meadow and byrne yesterday. I wanted to buy some but I stopped myself. Not even sure why.

I’ve been back at work 15 weeks and it’s 15 weeks until Christmas Eve. Every week will start the get a little more Christmasy with stuff arriving in the shops and it will start to feel it

I also noticed that the clocks are going back on the 25th this year. So, there’s only one more Rudolph Day left with Summer Time.

TRS30 wrote: »

Maybe next year we could look at a fantasy NFL league. Is quite a few fans here.

I'd be up for that.

I'd be up for that.

And me :)

I’ve been back at work 15 weeks and it’s 15 weeks until Christmas Eve. Every week will start the get a little more Christmasy with stuff arriving in the shops and it will start to feel it

I also noticed that the clocks are going back on the 25th this year. So, there’s only one more Rudolph Day left with Summer Time.

I love this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Heard a Lidl in tallaght, Dublin was putting up its tree today

matchthis wrote: »
    Heard a Lidl in tallaght, Dublin was putting up its tree today

Here's the Lidl in Tallaght. I wonder could it be part of there ad!

Ehk4dmKX0AEvczQ?format=jpg&name=large

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

That’s the one :D

Just in case anyone is unaware, Quality Street are Gluten free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Tesco Banbridge yesterday....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement