Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2020 :Round 8 Monza

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

antodeco wrote: »
    Favourite part of the season so far. Gasly sat on his own the podium. The pure emotion caught on that was amazing

That could be the inconic photo of the year. He won and was sitting there by himself. Alone. Silent. Joyful. And taking it all in with the grace and humility which a Hamilton victory lacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭recyclebin

That could be the inconic photo of the year. He won and was sitting there by himself. Alone. Silent and joyful. Taking it all in with the grace and humility which Hamilton lacks.

Your post could do with a bit of humility. Gasly has a great win and your so infatuated with attacking Hamilton.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,752 ✭✭✭✭flazio

That could be the inconic photo of the year. He won and was sitting there by himself. Alone. Silent. Joyful. And taking it all in with the grace and humility which a Hamilton victory lacks.
    You were doing so well up to that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭Joeface

Great for Gasly and double points finish for Alpha Tauri . If they keep up the performances will catch and pass Ferrari in the constructors (making them the Best Italian teams).

recyclebin wrote: »
    Your post could do with a bit of humility. Gasly has a great win and your so infatuated with attacking Hamilton.

flazio wrote: »
    You were doing so well up to that point.
    I stand over my comments. Today was a welcome breath of fresh of fresh air.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Hard to imagine since Prost’a final victory in Germany 1993 we’ve only had 3 French winners.

Alesi Canada 1995
    Panis Monaco 1996 (In a French car)
    Gasly today at Monza.

Hard to imagine since Prost’a final victory in Germany 1993 we’ve only had 3 French winners.

Alesi Canada 1995
    Panis Monaco 1996 (In a French car)
    Gasly today at Monza.

Agreed, and sadly more to do with the dearth of French at the top levels of Motorsport for some time now. There was a time in the 80's that almost a quarter of the F1 grid were French.

Agreed, and sadly more to do with the dearth of French at the top levels of Motorsport for some time now. There was a time in the 80's that almost a quarter of the F1 grid were French.

You're right. F1 needs more French drivers and even teams if possible in F1, what F1 doesn't need however is Paul Ricard, i'd prefer Magny Cours.

A bit of F1 trivia for people.

Today was the first time that car number 10 has won a race since the 2013 Hungarian Grand Prix when Hamilton took his first victory for Mercedes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Come on, They won 15 world championships in WRC in the past 16 years!

In fact TBH they have killed rallying due to their dominance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,978 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Coulthard claiming F1 shot itself in the foot with Hamilton's penalty because how would the driver or team know ......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Hamilton might not have known, but the team would have. You win or lose as a team in F1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Coulthard claiming F1 shot itself in the foot with Hamilton's penalty because how would the driver or team know ......

In the replays he seemed to be unsure about going into the pits, he slowed, motioned towards the pits, then turned out then drove in. Like as is if he knew he shouldn't but the wall said come in, that's what it looked like to me anyway. Gio probably did it because hamilton did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭lolie

Finally a race worth watching until the very end, delighted for Gasly.
    Just seen a stat where its a first win for a non Mercedes/Ferrari/Red Bull driver since Kimi won for Lotus in Australia 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    None of the above happened

Eh Hamilton was moaning the moment his engineer told him he was getting the penalty. I was ****in delighted for him.

I get it he’s a great driver etc but he just comes across so incredibly fake.

I’m so blessed and the team have worked so hard and thank you guys. Etc...

He really grinds my gears.

Anyway happy for Gasly. Decent/interesting race.

Good racing in the F3 and F2 this weekend too. So happy motorsport is back.

Had the result spoiled for me by the bastard radio in the car as I pulled in outside the gaff so that was a bit of a sickener. :P

Shows what can happen when ya don't have the Mercs out front.

Also, **** me, Bottas 5th, Hamilton 7th. Really shows how pathetic Bottas is. Just awful altogether.

Poor Sainz, that'll be the closest he'll get to a win for a good while.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

That was a great race. Mercedes fu,ck up made it all thr better. We need more of that. Delighted for Gasly, Alpha Tauri and Honda. Great fo see 3 different drivers on the podium for once. Dissapointed with Renault and Ricciardo. Should have done better. That was is time to get a podium. Ferrari are just a disaster at the moment. It must be horrible being on that team at the moment.
    We need more races like this. Any idea why K Mags car broke down yet?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Just an afterthought here but it’s very VERY rare that anyone gives praise to Stroll so here goes. Fair play young Strolly boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Darwin

Unclear why Magnussen retired, when interview he said something broke on the car, possibly gearbox related.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

Had the result spoiled for me by the bastard radio in the car as I pulled in outside the gaff so that was a bit of a sickener. :P

Shows what can happen when ya don't have the Mercs out front.

Also, **** me, Bottas 5th, Hamilton 7th. Really shows how pathetic Bottas is. Just awful altogether.

Poor Sainz, that'll be the closest he'll get to a win for a good while.

spoiled for me aswell but i probably would have only looked at you tube highlights if i didnt know.
    bottas was terrible today. he should have been 2nd at worst but screwed his own race with a bad start. he should have won with hamiltons issues, .

• Advertisement

I missed it at the time but I saw a replay of LeClerc's Ferrari being extracted from the tyre barrier and the marshals were lucky not to have been swiped by it as it spring out.

Was it driver error or did something break? Scary spot to go off

• Registered Users Posts: 15,482 ✭✭✭✭vectra

chicorytip wrote: »
    Raikkonen was hopeless. No pace or stamina. Old man - should have retired in 2018.
    recyclebin wrote: »
    You do know how slow the car is? How slow all cars with Ferrari engine are?

This is absolutely correct.
    Kimi was the highest Ferari powered car in Spa
    Kimi was the leading Ferrari powered car for a long time.
    chicorytip wrote: »
    On the quickest tyre he drops from fourth to thirteenth over the course of twelve laps, being passed by Grosjean and Latifi in the process. Sometimes it seems too easy to blame the machine rather than it's operator.

Just a second.!
    At what lap was the red flag?
    How many laps were left in the race?
    How many laps is the "fastest" tyre good for?

Remember Kimi in Monza 2018 when he was told to push after leaving the pits on the "fastest" tyre?

Remember China 2012 what happened Kimi again?

You really need to look into what you post before doing so,;)

I wonder is the second Red Bull seat now a poison chalice. Gasly had no luck or even a podium in it, since he was relegated to the junior team last year he’s gotten a second place and now a victory, Albon not even a podium while Verstappen has won and been on the podium this year. Would Gasly be silly to go back if Marko came calling

Ms

I missed it at the time but I saw a replay of LeClerc's Ferrari being extracted from the tyre barrier and the marshals were lucky not to have been swiped by it as it spring out.

It was driver error. He was pushing and the car just did not have the grip.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Darwin

Don't think anything broke on his car, it looked like he got a tank slapper on coming out of Curva Parabolica which put him into the kitty litter.

Am I wrong in saying that probably the 2 most Drivable cars on the Grid are actually the Mclaren and the Alpha Tauri . The Redbull seems to be difficult even when its on a track that suits it . Renault is better than it was but still not crossed the threshold to been good.

I think The Racing point might have peaked this weekend , it is a copy of a very good car but I don't think they can really develop it as that work was done last year where as Mclaren and Alpha Tauri have consistently improved .

Ms

Renault now ahead off Ferrari in the Constructors standings :) so at least that's good for them.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,727 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Joeface wrote: »
    Am I wrong in saying that probably the 2 most Drivable cars on the Grid are actually the Mclaren and the Alpha Tauri . The Redbull seems to be difficult even when its on a track that suits it . Renault is better than it was but still not crossed the threshold to been good.

The Merc is clearly and by a country mile the most drivable car on the grid!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭McFly85

I wonder is the second Red Bull seat now a poison chalice. Gasly had no luck or even a podium in it, since he was relegated to the junior team last year he’s gotten a second place and now a victory, Albon not even a podium while Verstappen has won and been on the podium this year. Would Gasly be silly to go back if Marko came calling

Definitely. Max is the priority of the Red Bull team and any driver coming in will be playing second fiddle. The car seems to be heavily influenced by his driving style too, Albons been having real trouble with it. I think Gaslys choice would be to stay in the Alpha Tauri, which would be the correct call, looks very comfortable there.

• Advertisement

Yes the Mercedes but it wasn't today for Bottas shows he is a long way behind Lewis and even lewis was struggling in the traffic . Its surprising how it is affected in that situation.

Advertisement