Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2021 - Cancelled :( **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Stillill42

s8n wrote: »
    How do you mean ?

Well, I guess he means that Harry probably IS aware that we've no Picnic this year and he was only having a bit of craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Well, I guess he means that Harry probably IS aware that we've no Picnic this year and he was only having a bit of craic.

covid has done weird things to people, just checking in with him. He needs to be aware he is not in a field in county Laois this weekend.

covid has done weird things to people, just checking in with him. He needs to be aware he is not in a field in county Laois this weekend.

Fair play. I never had S8N down as a fan of wellbeing. Hope for us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Maybe he is in s field in Laois, lucky fücker
    I'm having my first cider of the day, a bit behind my normal qouta for this Saturday.

I see Melvin has promised us a Picnic in 2021. Brand new lineup. Hope springs eternal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Disclosure (13) and Orbital (12) sets coming up in 2FM later. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Waiting for this shower to pass.

Happy phantom picnic everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

Thanks for the concern folks.

I know it is a thin line between enjoying the memories and torturing ourselves with them.

Harry I loved yer post keep them coming, watching streaming festivals of yore with my mates we'd argue If I run to this next stage will I make the set, oh, wait a minute, just click the button.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Still no craft beer in the arena?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭LowOdour

If you haven't gotten around to it, the new RTJ album is an amazing listen. ..possibly my album of the year so far.

Would have epic last night...they were great on main stage a few years back, but tracks from new album are another level and woll be great love

The Chemical Brothers I think would've been closing the main stage tonight. 2FM is testing my patience at the moment playing a sh1te playlist in amongst the EP live sets. Might just go back to my Ipod sets, will put on the 2015 EP broadcast at 11 PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Peterd66

Anyone sneak in for a few cans at the salty dog?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

Peterd66 wrote: »

mate - its private property and no event is taking place. Maybe have a few at home ??

:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Peterd66 wrote: »

A bit chilly so I headed straight for Stradbally Hall and a nice welcome from the Cosbys. Fab view of the main stage from the third floor and more reasonable than Pink Moon so I'm minded to crash there next year. Nice decanted sherry too. Anyone else in?

I would've no doubt being off to the Gala in Stradbally to get baccy and skins as well as a decent coffee, because its Sunday John would be playing his funky cheesy sounds at the camper in crew camp and Kevin would be at his camper too, there will be a bake off, of who can get breakfast sorted first, I like this activity and scrunch. Then I can subtly hear the Trinity Orchestra start up and I look at the gig plan for the day. Louche up some Swiss, French and Spanish absinthe and set off happy footed through the hole in the wall staff entrance, counting every light bulb on a string dangling along the forest path. I appear to be a bit late the headlining reggae set is nearly halfway through. :)

Iggy Pop & the Stooges - Electric Picnic 2007.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I see Melvin has promised us a Picnic in 2021. Brand new lineup. Hope springs eternal.

If it goes ahead (fingers crossed), I'd expect the line up to be radically different with a lot of mostly newer acts from here and the UK with mid to late 90s / early 00s acts as headliner material. I cannot see the older bigger international legacy acts willing to put themselves at risk if there's no proven vaccine at that stage even if it's relatively contained.

tldr : expect to see a lot of Kaiser Chiefs / Gallagher type acts all over the place and f'all big yank names touring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

My cousin works for a large UK band, he said they and many others aren't planning on touring USA in 21 and possibly not touring at all.

So I think when Melvin Benn says they'll "wipe the slate clean" I guess they're heavily restricted. I'd expect a pretty low key and "local" line up for 2021 if it goes ahead.

• Advertisement

Fatfrog wrote: »
    My cousin works for a large UK band, he said they and many others aren't planning on touring USA in 21 and possibly not touring at all.

So I think when Melvin Benn says they'll "wipe the slate clean" I guess they're heavily restricted. I'd expect a pretty low key and "local" line up for 2021 if it goes ahead.

Look, I don't know about anyone else but the best of Irish plus some thoughtful British and European acts, everything scaled back a bit, some of the glitter and corporate **** shaved off....well, it sounds pretty attractive to me at the moment. A bit of a reset is no bad thing sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Look, I don't know about anyone else but the best of Irish plus some thoughtful British and European acts

That could actually work quite well but.....

The Brits crashing out in a few months time is going to have a major impact on what smaller acts from there will be able to afford to come here (assuming they've survived the loss of a years income intact) and European acts that might visit here as an extension on a UK tour are not going to be bothering with the UK for a couple of years.

Blindboy on RTE 1 now, at least I'm getting my fix of that.

Trying to find a stream for the Beastie Boys gig at EP 2007, I have it in my Ipod but can't find an URL anywhere online to lead me to that gig link but the thought has inspired me enough to listen to it again.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Fatfrog wrote: »

Id say we will get even more of the R&L at EP next year if thats the case, will the likes of Picture This, Snow Patrol,JVM etc.

At this stage i dont really care what the line up is like as ill need my EP fix by next September

Now that within 365 days I'm going for my wishlist, excluding US acts.

Stone roses
    My bloody Valentine
    Fontaine's
    Therapy?
    Pillow queen's
    The stunning
    Undertones
    Touts
    Hermitage green
    Pow pig
    The kinks
    Mister sir Johnnie fücking Marr
    New model army
    Jonny Marr with The stone roses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

Look, I don't know about anyone else but the best of Irish plus some thoughtful British and European acts, everything scaled back a bit, some of the glitter and corporate **** shaved off....well, it sounds pretty attractive to me at the moment. A bit of a reset is no bad thing sometimes.

If the rest of the experience was allowed to be as normal (no camping pods and staying away from all strangers and the likes) i wouldn't care less who was playing - if you had Dermot Kennedy, Hozier, etc etc headlining but still had Mother DJs and all the extras late at night i'd be delighted.

There's a programme about Whelan's on TG4 now

Started with the lovely Kathy.

• Advertisement

I'm adding to my wishlist.

Whipping boy.

Advertisement