Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Raised by Wolves

• 05-08-2020 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84,842 ✭✭✭✭

Raised By Wolves

Ridley Scott’s ‘Raised By Wolves’ Lands Series Order At TNT With Scott Set To Direct
    TNT has given a straight-to-series order to Ridley Scott’s (The Martian, Blade Runner) Raised By Wolves, a serialized sci-fi series, with Scott set to direct in his TV helming debut, from Scott’s Scott Free Productions, Turner’s Studio T and Madhouse Entertainment. Aaron Guzikowski, the visionary behind the acclaimed film Prisoners, will serve as showrunner as well as a writer.

Raised by Wolves centers upon two androids tasked with raising human children on a mysterious virgin planet. As the burgeoning colony of humans threatens to be torn apart by religious differences the androids learn that controlling the beliefs of humans is a treacherous and difficult task.

Scott, Guzikowski, David W. Zucker (The Man in the High Castle) and Jordan Sheehan (The Terror), and Madhouse Entertainment’s Adam Kolbrenner (Prisoners) and Robyn Meisinger (Prisoners) serve as executive producers. Scott Free produces in association with Turner’s Studio T and Madhouse Entertainment. Turner International will distribute the series internationally.

https://deadline.com/2018/10/ridley-scott-raised-by-wolves-series-order-tnt-scott-direct-1202478427/

HBO Max has released the first trailer for Raised by Wolves, a new sci-fi epic from Ridley Scott. The series, which premieres Thursday, Sept. 3, follows two androids who are raising human children on a mysterious planet

https://www.tvguide.com/news/ridley-scott-raised-by-wolves-trailer-travis-fimmel/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,870 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

I thought this was going to be about that Caitlin Moran sitcom from a few years ago.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Looks slick, not entirely sure what's going on but I'm intrigued enough; though hopefully it'll be more than just the usual "humans are the most inhumane" theme that has been done to death with stories involving androids.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,842 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Look forward to this!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,249 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Will it be on Sky?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Trailer 2

• Registered Users Posts: 14,514 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Trailer 2

Hmm ,that trailer basically gives away the whole plot line .
    Will give it a go though ,the writer previously wrote Prisoners .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It looks absolutely gorgeous, if bleak. Should just take a moment to consider how far FX, cinematography, and the scope of television has moved in the last 20 years that something like this is "just" another TV drama. Though it does still look to be set predominantly in a quarry, so some things haven't changed with SciFi :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

I am Mother, Prometheus and a host of other sci-fi concepts are evident here, and rather than being based on a Dostoevsky or other literary giant's morality theme, it seems to be anchored in the 3 Little Piggies story. Now that's breath of fresh air (or a huff of fresh air). Apart from looking visually great, I think this could have quite a few tricks up its sleeve story-wise, as long as it doesn't trip itself up in trying too hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Forge83

This looks like it will be epic. Been a while since a new series has grabbed my attention like this has. Hopefully it will be available on sky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Mother looks a lot like the Queen character in See.

so end of ep 1 re eyes (
    why does the robot cover her eyes, is the vibration kill thing so automatic that she can't control it when she sees the religious?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭satguy

Just watched the first 3 episodes,, and it got better and better with each episode.

Can't wait for more,, It looks like Ridley Scott and his "Scott Free Productions" are firing on all cylinders this time round..

Mother looks a lot like the Queen character in See.

so end of ep 1 re eyes (
    why does the robot cover her eyes, is the vibration kill thing so automatic that she can't control it when she sees the religious?

She covered her eyes because she had removed them, so what she was doing was covering up her empty sockets so as not to frighten the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

Interesting, indeed.
    Surely the skin that Father found on the wall of the pit indicates that the giant serpents are still alive. Or at least one inside that pit.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

1: Well .. that sure took off at the end! The show needs to move on from the current setting though.
    I'm not sure I want another similar episode especially if it turns out the same for the new kids.

2: Cool to get some back ground. All this advanced fightey stuff is done really well. Feels like solid scifi.
    I assume those creatures are native and have come to the big explosion of the Ark.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

satguy wrote: »
    She covered her eyes because she had removed them, so what she was doing was covering up her empty sockets so as not to frighten the kids.

I watched it again she doesn't
    remove her eyes

I watched it again she doesn't
    remove her eyes

But the next time you see her (episode 2) you will see her empty eye sockets.
    She even needs to borrow some eyes from a dead android..

satguy wrote: »
    But the next time you see her (episode 2) you will see her empty eye sockets.
    She even needs to borrow some eyes from a dead android..

Yeah, but it has to be a cock up. When she puts the blindfold on, her eyes are still there.

Weird how she left a lot of children behind, as well. There were many more children in that room than what she took back to the planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Relikk wrote: »
    Yeah, but it has to be a cock up. When she puts the blindfold on, her eyes are still there.

Weird how she left a lot of children behind, as well. There were many more children in that room than what she took back to the planet.
    Could it be that she lost 5 so then took 5 as replacements

• Advertisement

Unearthly wrote: »
    Could it be that she lost 5 so then took 5 as replacements

That makes sense. :)

3: Some kinda sense of relief
    there when it turned out it was the food. It really didn't look like the Androids hadn't been trying their best but I'd started thinking that maybe they were radioactive or something. Alright, guessing that next up has got to be something more about the natives. Guessing the holes have something to do with them and maybe Paul will meet them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,231 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Rock solid sci-fi show - cannot wait for more

• Registered Users Posts: 12,297 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

bit of a waste of Sienna Guillory even though the Irish actress is good

• Registered Users Posts: 17,231 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

So episode 4 -
    are the creatures the embryos that were thrown down the pit? The creatures only showed up 12 years later...

4: Whew that got wierd at the end!

5: I like how they are developing it out. Keeping it interesting for me. Going more into the groups, more into the tech and cultures and history. I'm wary of this being a path that might bore some audiences though. Still though, they are putting in some action and dark parts so maybe not.

One thing that caught me was the charisma Amanda Collin (Mother) has.
    Well at least in that scene in the kitchen after getting to see the history with Campion the creator. Her banter with Father and her happiness
    broke though the screen I thought.
    fritzelly wrote: »
    So episode 4 -
    are the creatures the embryos that were thrown down the pit? The creatures only showed up 12 years later...

Reply after 5:
    I'm not sure. Some sense now that there's another set of natives different than the creatures.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,842 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Episode 6 and 7 were very good. There seems to be an extra-terrestrial element suggested o the story now.

• Advertisement

6: Jeez, at first I was like
    Ah no, not the father. I'd grown attached and it did so well, but then when mother took it in the gut I was all
    :eek:
    I thought she was done!

Advertisement