Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2020 :Round 8 Monza

• 03-09-2020 8:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭

And Its Monza

New this week : No Qualification Modes .
    edit : Ferrari bringing new aerodynamic package made specifically for the Brianzola track. No sure if this will help

old this weekend : Good Chance of the same Results again this weekend . Unless Renault can Throw something more into the mix . The less downforce required , the closer they are to the front .
    Will Racing Point re discover the speed from the early races this season .

Italy_Circuit.png

Not that it matters :
    F1-MONZA-2020-ITALIAN-GP-WEATHER-FORECAST-AND-TIMETABLE.jpg?w=612&ssl=1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I think a Renault driver will visit the podium this weekend. #feelingconfident

• Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭Joeface

In coming tattoo so

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Decent chance of a Ferrari being eliminated in Q1?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,752 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I think the Pink Mercedes might have a (Racing) point to prove this weekend, and as much as we mock Stroll constantly he has had a front row start here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,092 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

While Ferrari are in the dungeon of performance, they have invited 250 medical professionals as a show of thanks for their work during the countries torrid time with covid.

Nice touch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Gintonious wrote: »
    While Ferrari are in the dungeon of performance, they have invited 250 medical professionals as a show of thanks for their work during the countries torrid time with covid.

Nice touch.

Havn't those medical professionals suffered enough without having to see a Ferrari racing team on life support!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,610 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Ouch!

I am very interested how this one-strat mode thingy is going to work for some of the teams. Who is going to decide to max out their engine to see if they can qualify higher, get race position, and run the bones off the car until the end of the race. A fresh engine should survive a whole weekend...so maybe that's a chance for the lower mid-fielders to take one weekend and go all in for some points?!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

recyclebin wrote: »
    Havn't those medical professionals suffered enough without having to see a Ferrari racing team on life support!

Maybe they can diagnose the real issue with Ferrari .

I wonder will they let them sit in the grandstand , be good to have a few ppl there to spectate .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭Anjobe

Joeface wrote: »
    Maybe they can diagnose the real issue with Ferrari

I don't think there were many psychiatrists on the Coronavirus front line.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

recyclebin wrote: »

tenor.gif?itemid=15735025

*No disrespect meant to any of those who lost their lives through Covid

• Advertisement

I’ve been meaning to ask for ages.

The list of driver on left hand side of screen - what does it mean when they highlight the box white beside their name and what are they doing when the order of names changes?

fp1 red flag , Max V , off into barrier .Kept the car running , Front wing damage .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭Anjobe

I’ve been meaning to ask for ages.

The list of driver on left hand side of screen - what does it mean when they highlight the box white beside their name and what are they doing when the order of names changes?

White = on track
    Green = moving up the order having improved their lap time
    Red = moving down the order as someone else has improved their lap time
    Grey = in pits

I think the order is based on sector times for those drivers who have not recorded a full lap time

fp1 red flag , Max V , off into barrier .Kept the car running , Front wing damage .

https://twitter.com/gpblog_com/status/1301818163584290816?s=21

Alpha Tauri On Medium , p4&p6 .

EhEIikgWkAEmDYO?format=jpg&name=medium

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭BikeRacer

Roy set that time on hards - still faster than Seb on mediums...ooof

• Registered Users Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭Harika

You just can feel sorry for Ferrari engines

Track limits could be a factor in qualifying this weekend . Riccardo , Albon , Vettel having laps deleted . Albon I think has the most .
    Alpha Tauri Again showing pace. Little bit better form Ferrari .

d80e94f4-8529-4470-b216-e017abc0a9ca_800.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,416 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Has FP2 been on yet and if so did anything happen?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭Harika

AMKC wrote: »
    Has FP2 been on yet and if so did anything happen?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EhFAIhaXgAA3Odq?format=jpg&name=900x900

Nothing to get excited about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Thought Monza was to be a good circuit for Renault

Was hoping Ricciardo would be pushing Max for 3rd, coming into the weekend I thought it was the mostly likely way to see racing near the front

• Registered Users Posts: 15,416 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    There were two celeb episodes on during the week if anyone wants to catch them on the VM player
    Thought Monza was to be a good circuit for Renault

Was hoping Ricciardo would be pushing Max for 3rd, coming into the weekend I thought it was the mostly likely way to see racing near the front

They thought that too. Hopefully they will do better tomorrow and Sunday. Would love if Ricciardo got 3rd as at least it would be something new.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

AMKC wrote: »
    They thought that too. Hopefully they will do better tomorrow and Sunday. Would love if Ricciardo got 3rd as at least it would be something new.

Iv since seen Ricciardo had a time good enough for 3rd that was deleted for going over track limits, depending where he went over there mightnt have been much gain so maybe it was quite close to a real time

• Registered Users Posts: 12,752 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Qualifying day.
    Wonder if we'll see a repeat of that farce we saw in Q3 last year with slip stream gate. Just seen that it happened already in Formula 3.
    Surprised there hasn't been any form of instructions from race control to avoid it happening again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,610 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

The Mercs don't need to slipstream so I'd expect they will go out with 3-4 minutes to go in Q3 and out of the way. They'll meet traffic on the hot lap though. I'd be looking to follow them around.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

There is a maximum lap time today of 1.43s to avoid to chaos train in qual this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Hijpo

There is a maximum lap time today of 1.43s to avoid to chaos train in qual this weekend

Does it apply to FP3 as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Supposed to buy no one seems to be adhering to it

They have new track limits as well, wheel must remain inside the white line .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭tipp_tipp_tipp

I'm a bit lost with this maximum time rule. Is it in effect for FP3? What is the penalty for not adhering to it?

Advertisement