Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Skoda Enyaq

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Prices from Italy, for ref
    their ID.3 prices are listed as

ID.3 1st 37,350
    ID.3 1st Plus 43,650
    ID.3 1st Max 47,950

ID.3 Life 38,900
    ID.3 Business 42,900
    ID.3 Style 42,900
    ID.3 Family 43,900
    ID.3 Tech 45,900
    ID.3 Max 48,200
    ID.3 Tour 48,900

200827-enyaq-iv-m77-prezzi.86c8662f244aefd9133b780815ed4860.fill-700x300.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

It's a nice looking car and looks to have better interior than the ID.3 but sad to see on one of the top specs no proper leather seats.

I can't wait to see the price of the 4WD...... a car this size needs power too.

It's a relatively compact sized car, it's footprint is smaller than an Octavia! 177BHP entry seem fine.

Looks great ......... wonderful to see EVs that appeal to the mainstream.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

The Irish times have an article on it today. In it they say..
    The Enyaq, though, will go on sale here, starting in April 2021. Skoda Ireland expects that it will be given 270 Enyaqs to sell next year as production gears up, and pretty much all of those are already booked.

Sorry but where is the "pretty much all of those are already booked" nonsense come from?
    The car was only announced yesterday officially. Skoda Ireland had absolutely nothing on their site on it until this morning and now it's just a register your interest form. So how can they be already "booked"? Paid journalism there no doubt!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Could they be booked by dealers?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

JohnC. wrote: »
    Could they be booked by dealers?

Say so, just like the Kona was

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭McGiver

liamog wrote: »
    Same for Skoda, only 50kW and 7.2kW AC on the Enyaq 50

ENYAQ_iV_EN_Charging.jpg
    OK, spoken with my journalist acquaintance who was on site in Prague yesterday. You can't take that info graphic as a gospel.

He said different countries will have different number of models, different specs etc. He also said that 11 AC and 100 DC will be very likely optional on the models that won't have it as the base. Waiting for confirmation from him on if this is possible to confirm officially or where to find that out to be confirm the same.

slave1 wrote: »
    I hear you on the 7kW for sure but what's the point in Ireland on 70kW DC, Ionity are now pricing themselves out of the market so you are just left with eCars High Power units and who knows when they will be at penetration levels?
    Agree in principle but little impact in reality (unfortunately as eCars install brand new 44kW chargers in 2020)

What's the point? It's the future? HPC/UFC is coming. Even to Ireland. Czechia had no 50+ kW chargers 1 year ago. Now they have 25 of them, about 10 sites, and out of that only 1 Ionity site (4 chargers), they are behind Ireland with Ionity but ahead with UFC, DC and AC overall. I can guarantee you there'll be 30-35 HPC chargers in Ireland within one year (think it's 22 now, 20 Ionity).

50 kW DC for 52 kWh battery is impractical for longer travels. A big no for any serious car maker and a serious EV. Sorry Renault ;) For Zoë 50 kW DC is fine because its primarily a city car. This is a family Suv - designed to be on the move. 50 kW DC would be a commercial misstep enforced by VAG on Škoda unless it's a paid option, then OK.

It's almost like they want you to spend more on the higher spec'd version. :eek:

It is a balls though. 50kWh battery with a motorway range somewhere around 250km (i'm guessing) pulling a max of 50kW is frustrating. And you're never going to drive to 0%, so it's a ~200km motorway range car that will likely take the guts of an hour to charge to 80%. Bjorns 1000km challenges in these various spec VAG cars would be interesting. Call out these 5-10 year old DC charging rates!

Exactly this! This is a family, travel, holiday, journeyman car! And they put a 50 kW DC in it, are they serious? The same nonsense as with the ID3 non-1st, but you could argue the ID3 is a "city car". For this one - no way. And they want to compete with Tesla??? They could made it 75 base, 100 or 125 kW optional or something.

Leaf could charge 50 kW DC 9 years ago , this way of thinking really reminds me of the silly Jap thinking, what Nissan/Mazda/Honda have been doing. No, VW can do better than the Japs.

liamog wrote: »
    Prices from Italy, for ref
    their ID.3 prices are listed as

ID.3 1st 37,350
    ID.3 1st Plus 43,650
    ID.3 1st Max 47,950

ID.3 Life 38,900
    ID.3 Business 42,900
    ID.3 Style 42,900
    ID.3 Family 43,900
    ID.3 Tech 45,900
    ID.3 Max 48,200
    ID.3 Tour 48,900

200827-enyaq-iv-m77-prezzi.86c8662f244aefd9133b780815ed4860.fill-700x300.png
    Specs?

• Advertisement

slave1 wrote: »
    50kW max, has anyone looked at the battery voltage to see what it will be in reality, 43kWh perhaps?

Nah. I expect 44.57 exactly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

The "270 already pre-booked" thing is interesting

I've been on the "Keep me informed" list about the Ford Mustag E-Mach. I've received exactly nothing from them and now the Ford site says 1st edition sold out. Where was the opportunity to buy? Are friends and family getting the jump on everyone else on these cars?

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭no.8

It's a relatively compact sized car, it's footprint is smaller than an Octavia! 177BHP entry seem fine.

The footprint of an Octavia is not small or compact (on the Irish/European car scale). Medium-sized is more fitting imo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭Casati

McGiver wrote: »
    What's the point? It's the future? HPC/UFC is coming. Even to Ireland. Czechia had no 50+ kW chargers 1 year ago. Now they have 25 of them, about 10 sites, and out of that only 1 Ionity site (4 chargers), they are behind Ireland with Ionity but ahead with UFC, DC and AC overall. I can guarantee you there'll be 30-35 HPC chargers in Ireland within one year (think it's 22 now, 20 Ionity).

50 kW DC for 52 kWh battery is impractical for longer travels. A big no for any serious car maker and a serious EV. Sorry Renault ;) For Zoë 50 kW DC is fine because its primarily a city car. This is a family Suv - designed to be on the move. 50 kW DC would be a commercial misstep enforced by VAG on Škoda unless it's a paid option, then OK.

Presumably it’s an extra cost to manufacture a 100 kW DC and if it’s available why would you even comment on the fact that 50 kW DC is also available as a cheaper option for customers that are happy with that?

I’m sure some SUV’s do massive miles up and down motorways but if you look outside any school you’ll see loads of them doing multiple short trips daily but overall probably only doing 200/300km a week and they will only ever be charged at home. Why should those potential owners be forced to pay extra for a faster charging machine that they don’t need?

If Skoda have a car that fits your needs why focus on another car in their range that doesn’t?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Orebro

Casati wrote: »
    Presumably it’s an extra cost to manufacture a 100 kW DC and if it’s available why would you even comment on the fact that 50 kW DC is also available as a cheaper option for customers that are happy with that?

I’m sure some SUV’s do massive miles up and down motorways but if you look outside any school you’ll see loads of them doing multiple short trips daily but overall probably only doing 200/300km a week and they will only ever be charged at home. Why should those potential owners be forced to pay extra for a faster charging machine that they don’t need?

If Skoda have a car that fits your needs why focus on another car in their range that doesn’t?

If this was going to be the main family car then the 50Kw charging would be a deal breaker for me and I just couldn't go with it. Yes the car would only be pottering around town the majority of the time, but I wouldn't do it to my family to take the thing on a holiday and expect them to sit at chargers for hours on end. Divorce would follow very quickly.

Orebro wrote: »
    If this was going to be the main family car then the 50Kw charging would be a deal breaker for me and I just couldn't go with it. Yes the car would only be pottering around town the majority of the time, but I wouldn't do it to my family to take the thing on a holiday and expect them to sit at chargers for hours on end. Divorce would follow very quickly.

Perfect - so they have a 100kw DC option to suit your needs, but your needs are not identical to everybody else’s and for some people if a slowing charging car is fine and is cheaper then surely the extra choice is a good thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭granturismo

no.8 wrote: »
    The footprint of an Octavia is not small or compact (on the Irish/European car scale). Medium-sized is more fitting imo

In OP's post, Bob Flavins said the EnyaQ fits between the Karoq and Kodiaq, yet it doesnt seem to be a high car. I am interestd in a crossover SUV type for that extra height above the typical saloon.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

Found this review & thought it was good

https://youtu.be/SK1y3hYai68

People shouldn't be forced to do anything, 50 Kw shouldn't even be an option, 100 Kw should be standard. 50 Kw was the standard in 2009.

We're getting to the stage now where more and more chargers support more than 50 Kw DC and it's a waste of a 150 Kw charger having a car charging at 50 Kw or less.

+ I have no doubt in my mins that it will effect resale value.

It's very very disappointing to see a new car with only 50 Kw DC as the standard in 2020 same for the id3.

Perfect - so they have a 100kw DC option to suit your needs, but your needs are not identical to everybody else’s and for some people if a slowing charging car is fine and is cheaper then surely the extra choice is a good thing?

A lot of People may not be aware of what they need when it comes to charging and not realise until they're waiting in the car twiddling their thumbs charging at 50 Kw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,262 ✭✭✭markpb

We're getting to the stage now where more and more chargers support more than 50 Kw DC and it's a waste of a 150 Kw charger having a car charging at 50 Kw or less.

The pricing for eCars HPCP might stop that happening. The pricing for Ionity definitely will :)

• Moderators Posts: 12,370 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

A lot of People may not be aware of what they need when it comes to charging and not realise until they're waiting in the car twiddling their thumbs charging at 50 Kw.

And the lot that do get the 100kW capable charger will see the 50kW units being cheaper to use and thus use those. :D

And the lot that do get the 100kW capable charger will see the 50kW units being cheaper to use and thus use those. :D

That's fine, the option is there if they are so tight that they would rather spend more time than money. But at least keep a 150 Kw charger free for someone who can actually use it or at least move to a 50 Kw if someone shows up that can charge at more than 50 Kw.

markpb wrote: »
    The pricing for eCars HPCP might stop that happening. The pricing for Ionity definitely will :)

Hopefully People are made aware of the difference, I'd much rather pay for faster charging the odd time I would need it than to be stuck at a cheaper 50 Kw because some idiot is using the 150 Kw.

The other issue is that if the 50 Kw is in use the 50 Kw car driver will go to the 150 Kw.......:D

As long as the manufacture isn’t hiding this useful information then that’s the fault of the purchaser. People buy stuff that doesn’t suit them or that they don’t need, it’s called choice. By stating that a car should have more expensive charging capability it’s potentially pushing a buyer happy with a lower capacity back into another diesel as they can’t afford the ev.

Personally a 400km or even a 500km range would be a pain for me personally but I don’t think for a second that car manufacturers shouldn’t be allowed to sell an EV with minimum range to suit my needs. If they only market the 80kw version which is no doubt a better car, they would be cutting out the majority of their potential customers coming from cheaper petrols and diesels.

Choice is great thing. Skoda seem to be 100% on the ball offering a more stripped out version at a price hopefully lower than even the ID 3 while offering more expensive options for customers with different requirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,121 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

The microwave option is actually pretty appealing. Hot food on the go when you've to charge. Bit bulky to bring around but a nice option

The socket would be pretty handy when hoovering the car!

I see where you coming from, but that's not how it works.

I'll give you a computer analogy - it's like selling a laptop with all top specs but putting to it some old SATA1 HDD and asking the customer to pay for upgrade to latest SSD (Enyaq 60). SATA1 is long obsolete. EDIT: Or actually selling a medium/high-end range, not top-range, latest tech, putting to it SATA1 HDD and telling the customer that it can't be upgraded even at a cost (Enyaq 50).

50 kW DC is 10 year old tech. It shouldn't be offered to a customer in a brand new car with 55 kWh battery in 2020 which costs 40k, especially if the carmaker builds and maintains pan-European charging network running at 175-350 kW power and advertising that the customer of the said new car can avail of the charging network using their fancy card they include with the car!
    You can't make this up. Marketing blunder.

Orebro wrote: »

Same here. I was genuinely, seriously interested in Enyaq 50 at that price and spec, but lack of 100 kW DC (and to some extent 11 kW AC) is a deal-breaker for me if it's not even an upgrade option.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

McGiver wrote: »
    I see where you coming from, but that's not how it works.

I'll give you a computer analogy - it's like selling a laptop with all top specs but putting to it some old SATA1 HDD and asking the customer to pay for upgrade to latest SSD. SATA1 is long obsolete.

50 kW DC is 10 year old tech. It shouldn't be offered to a customer in a brand new car with 55 kWh battery in 2020 which costs 40k, especially if the carmaker builds and maintains pan-European charging network running at 175-350 kW power and advertising that the customer of the said new car can avail of the charging network using their fancy card they include with the car!
    You can't make this up. Marketing blunder.

Less battery size, more cars, more cars, more market share, more revenue.
    Greedy stance

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement

People shouldn't be forced to do anything, 50 Kw shouldn't even be an option, 100 Kw should be standard. 50 Kw was the standard in 2009.

+ I have no doubt in my mins that it will effect resale value.

It's very very disappointing to see a new car with only 50 Kw DC as the standard in 2020 same for the id3.
    Spot on. It's a disgrace for VW if you ask me - and it's embarassing for VW they are even thinking 50 kW DC is an option for this type of car in 2021. And I know this is enforced by VW, Skoda wouldn't necessarily do this, it's VW thinking as they do the same with the ID3, the lowest battery also won't have 100 kW DC.

For a city car like Zoe or something, OK, can be argued doesn't need >50 kW DC, but for this it's a big and resolute no.

Advertisement