Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trends that you used to be lame but are now in

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    WHY? That doesn’t make sense.
    Yes it does ....look at modern lips ...look at fashion shows!

Who wants to be normal!??

They look ...odd ..different ..that is half the reason to do it.

5c8002a68d70205a3e9173cf58dd6ffd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,729 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Modern fake lips are ridiculous looking. Christ. People on fashion shows don’t reflect what most people wear/look like.

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Modern fake lips are ridiculous looking. Christ. People on fashion shows don’t reflect what most people wear/look like.
    But it reflects an urge to be EXTRA ...different.

Pink hair was once ridiculous. Now its common place.

Fashion shows change what people were. I mean the materials used. Or the outline.

I mean if you had shown skinny jeans on men at one point that would be ..ridic ....and they came from the catwalk.

There are those that don't want to look like everyone else. And when they get it 'just right ' 'like so' ..then everyone else wants to look like them.

That is the way it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Sandles with socks and crocs are both fashionable at best and inoffensive at worst nowadays. What a reversal in fortunes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

When i was growing up Marvel comics etc were nerdy now you have Dylan and Warren into it over de films

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Are they making a new Hellraiser film?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,761 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Playing computer games in adulthood. It used to be seen as strange if a man played playstation past 18 but now it seems commonplace

Grown men liking superheroes

The geeks will inherit the earth.

Grown men using skateboards.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Big arses on women.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Board games. Used to be for fighting families at Christmas and relatively easy to pick up and play, now played by adults and with rules that are almost impossible to understand and remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭JasonStatham

90s jeans on women. Actually it wasn't lame in the 90s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Anime, comic books and superheroes.

Knitting and crochet.

Staying in at the weekends, 'rona notwithstanding.

Baking bread.
    Growing your own fruit and veg.
    Those little 2 wheel shopping trolleys that the grannies used to love.

I read a bit of the hobbit ...honestly it seemed like they were in a forest for the entire book and that was it. That was the story.
    If you think that's bad, try reading The Old Man and The Sea.
    It can put you comatose in ten minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭F5500

Round rimmed glasses.

Used to be preserved for nerds, librarians and your Nan. Now they're uber trendy with young wans.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,761 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Campervanning, formerly the preserve of a small number of grey nomads, hippies and visiting Continentals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Penney's were selling Ramone's t-shirts worn by young ones who wouldn't be able to name one of their songs, about 15 years ago. I think you're a bit late to the party with the band t-shirts being cool for youths again.
    I found the fact you could buy Metallica tees in Penneys a couple years ago beyond depressing.
    FanadMan wrote: »
    At least us middle aged fat rockers actually know the bands that are on our t-shirts. Was talking to a friends daughter recently.....she's about 19 or so. Commented on her Ramones t-shirt - she hadn't a feckin clue who they were!

I still have my battle vest and would wear it with pride if there were any gigs to go to.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭joeguevara

If you think that's bad, try reading The Old Man and The Sea.
    It can put you comatose in ten minutes.

In all fairness it’s 127 page in a half size book. Not much longer than 10 minutes to read. I loved it though. As told by Santiago the sentences were short and simple. But that’s the complexity. And that’s what made Hemingway a genius.

selfies

Advertisement