Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Common Cold?

Options
  • 30-08-2020 4:05pm

Is there much of the common cold about these days. I'm seeing people sniffing and sneezing. I hear very little talk of the cold in the media. Surely it's still in circulation.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,326 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Season 2 wrote: »
    Is there much of the common cold about these days. I'm seeing people sniffing and sneezing. I hear very little talk of the cold in the media. Surely it's still in circulation.

Definitely is, our family of five all got one last week, sneezing, copious snot, the lot! I was quite surprised its still circulating despite all the mask wearing, social distancing etc. Thankful fairly mild with everyone recovered after about 5 days.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

People are still getting the common cold. There's overlap in symptoms between common cold and Covid which is why people get tested for Covid and test negative - they've just got a cold.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Same here, I've been cautious and a lone wolf and have the sniffles.
    Although there's a lot of pollen around so the pollen count could be emulating the the symptoms of the common cold.

Plants flower all year round even during the winter, there's shrubs that flower in December and the wind will blow pollen every where.

Sometimes I wonder are we allergic to a lot of the shrubs we see planted around park's,gardens and industrial landscapes.
    They won't kill us but they're not part of our natural environment.

People I know who live alternative lifestyles and live off the land don't get flu's and colds as much.

Unfortunately living rurally doesn't suit everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭patnor1011

Definitely around. My son got it 3 days ago and I am feeling it creeping in since this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Real Life

A lot of the sniffing and sneezing could also be from Hayfever, A know a few people who had it bad about 3-4 weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,540 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Yeah I've been murdered this year by pollen, have had steady allergy symptoms for most of the summer. You'd almost think it was a cold sometimes.

Advertisement