Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

F1 2020 :Round 7 Belgium GP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,144 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

At least after Monza its their 1000th race at the Tuscan GP...........at Monza......

• Registered Users Posts: 11,123 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

pjohnson wrote: »
    At least after Monza its their 1000th race at the Tuscan GP...........at Monza......

Mugello is the 1000th, not Monza?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭This is it

Embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,635 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

This is it wrote: »
    Embarrassing.

That's a polite way of putting it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,064 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Another Hambotver race incoming tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,635 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Very good qualy for the Renault boys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,064 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Boring qualifying overall. Nobody did anything much on their second run in Q3.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

This is ridiculous. This is not entertaining in the slightest anymore. Being an addict since 1984 I have seen many dominances but this really feels different.

I will probably not even bother watching this race tomorrow after first 2 turns.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Joeface

Happiest out of that is Renault , and maybe Albon . Is that his best qual placement?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭tipp_tipp_tipp

Pretty dull session overall. Hope for some rain tomorrow.

Have to say they've really made a balls of this track with all the tarmac they've put down. They now can't even be bothered to police track limits so drivers are running out wide at will.

• Advertisement

This is ridiculous. This is not entertaining in the slightest anymore. Being an addict since 1984 I have seen many dominances but this really feels different.

I will probably not even bother watching this race tomorrow after first 2 turns.

Rain is forecast

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Lovely tribute in honour of Antoine Hubert before the start of the Formula 2 feature race. #AH19

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Rain is forecast

I'm already dreading 80 minutes of David Croft speculating about rain. At least the F1 TV app gives me an alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭CMCXCV

Renault's both drivers put in great laps today.

All Daniel Riccciardo has to do now is move up atleast one spot to the podium and the Renault boss has to get a tattoo picked out by Daniel.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Predictable at the front.

The commentators will bark on about a "tight midfield", that is like saying the middle teams in the Premier league are close but one team has already won't the league. This is boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Yeah people going on about "maybe it'll rain!" - Mercedes will be even further ahead if it rains, they're running so much more downforce it's basically ridiculous. Watching Hamilton throwing that car into bends looked like watching Automan taking corners in the 1980s.

H3llR4iser wrote: »
    Yeah people going on about "maybe it'll rain!" - Mercedes will be even further ahead if it rains, they're running so much more downforce it's basically ridiculous. Watching Hamilton throwing that car into bends looked like watching Automan taking corners in the 1980s.

Shhhhhhhh! It has NOTHING to do with the car though ;)

I find I'm less annoyed each time I realise I missed a session or quali.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Gintonious wrote: »
    Shhhhhhhh! It has NOTHING to do with the car though ;)

Lol of course, he bends physics.

Jokes aside, that car is insane. Not a correction, not a twitch and the speed at which he can just throw the wheel one side to the other, especially in the fast bends, is staggering.

Unfortunately there's no telemetry data, but it's clearly audible he doesn't have to feather the throttle much either - plenty of traction available. Truly a mindblowing piece of race engineering.

• Advertisement

H3llR4iser wrote: »
    Lol of course, he bends physics.

Jokes aside, that car is insane. Not a correction, not a twitch and the speed at which he can just throw the wheel one side to the other, especially in the fast bends, is staggering.

Unfortunately there's no telemetry data, but it's clearly audible he doesn't have to feather the throttle much either - plenty of traction available. Truly a mindblowing piece of race engineering.

Once again I have to mention Turn 4 at Hungary. On-board is good, off-board footage better.

30 seconds in. Ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Yeah, the Merc is on another level. How on earth do they have the PU being so powerful and so reliable? I know Lewis is talented, but the two together are fierce force to try and compete with.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,803 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I know, this won't be universally liked, but as a Marvel fan who was stunned by the news on Saturday morning I did appreciate Lewis's actions today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,409 ✭✭✭Harika

F2 no rain yet to be seen.
    Still lap 4 and second safety car. Depending on your sadism or masochism you want Dan Dicktum in F1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭tipp_tipp_tipp

That moment from ghiotto at the top of eau rouge had my heart in my mouth. Dull day but doesn't like rain is likely at all for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,409 ✭✭✭Harika

To be fair he is entertaining and keeping the guys behind with a broken front wing

Rain at 5pm. FFS. Won't bother

• Registered Users Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Sainz out with some sort of exhaust issue. Gutted.

Bring back the spare cars!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,803 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Burkie1203 wrote: »

Channel 4 don't start until 6:30pm anyway :p

Advertisement