Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FIFA 20

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Luap

Anyone know the controls for a very annoying celebration? (PS4)

Asking for a friend. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Luap wrote: »
    Anyone know the controls for a very annoying celebration? (PS4)

Asking for a friend. :pac:

R1 + Triangle :D

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭DamienDarts

I'm just wondering as a Celtic supporter is there any way of getting to play against Rangers (supporters) online?

Also since I started playing online last week on xbox one I have not heard anyone talking or making noise during the game.
    So I was thinking do I need to turn something on to hear them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭piplip87

I'm just wondering as a Celtic supporter is there any way of getting to play against Rangers (supporters) online?

Also since I started playing online last week on xbox one I have not heard anyone talking or making noise during the game.
    So I was thinking do I need to turn something on to hear them?

I've had a few in ultimate team. Well they wear the shirt and have the crest. Was been cheeky one day and brought on Forrest and scored.... Did the sssssshhh celebration.... He then brought on an IF Defoe scored a hatrick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

How's this game looking post-update? Have held off buying so far as I mainly play offline (****e Internet connections!) but heard that the career mode was full of bugs and issues like teams playing weakened 11s.

Might take the plunge if these have been resolved but if the main mode (for me) is out of action, I'll just leave it off for a while longer probably.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,332 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

How's this game looking post-update? Have held off buying so far as I mainly play offline (****e Internet connections!) but heard that the career mode was full of bugs and issues like teams playing weakened 11s.

Might take the plunge if these have been resolved but if the main mode (for me) is out of action, I'll just leave it off for a while longer probably.

Also a career mode player myself, it’s definitely playable now after the patch but I’m still waiting for the November update before getting stuck into it, because they’ll add more player faces and managers in that one and they’ll improve a few more bits and pieces.

The game itself plays really well, and it’s a lot more challenging than last year on the higher difficulties.

There’s never any career mode discussion in this forum probably because most are playing FUT these days, but this subreddit is great for all that and you’ll get a fair idea of how the mode is going: https://www.reddit.com/r/FifaCareers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

martyos121 wrote: »
    Also a career mode player myself, it’s definitely playable now after the patch but I’m still waiting for the November update before getting stuck into it, because they’ll add more player faces and managers in that one and they’ll improve a few more bits and pieces.

The game itself plays really well, and it’s a lot more challenging than last year on the higher difficulties.

There’s never any career mode discussion in this forum probably because most are playing FUT these days, but this subreddit is great for all that and you’ll get a fair idea of how the mode is going: https://www.reddit.com/r/FifaCareers

Ah brilliant, thanks. I'll check out the Reddit!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

I only play online seasons and I'm never able to see my match/goal replays post match if someone quits before the 90 minutes is up...anyone else having the same issue?

I only play online seasons and I'm never able to see my match/goal replays post match if someone quits before the 90 minutes is up...anyone else having the same issue?

When they rage quit you get disconnected so you can't see the replays.

Luap wrote: »
    When they rage quit you get disconnected so you can't see the replays.

You could see them on last years and years previous even when a person quit, so can't imagine why you cant this year.

I rarely if ever watch replays in game, i always wait until the game is over to recap.

• Advertisement

Any interest in a PS4 league anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

I've been playing Fifa since 2010 and loved all of them. I have to say, Fifa 20 is utter tripe. I can only guess it's a reaction to how negatively received 19 was, even though I thought it was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭eggy81

That's the dullest most boring and broken fifa in many a year. A terrible game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Came here to say the same. This is the worst FIFA in a long time.

This game has had more patches added to it than a quilt.

Every time I go to play it its a different game, EA don't know what they want or what direction to go in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Sorry for the newb post but where can I get Fifa 20 quickly (either download or online) - I'm in France and all the shops are closed & dying of boredom.

Thought I'd download it from the PlayStation Store but it's coming up as 69.99€ which I consider too steep for a game that is out 6 months.

I normally order Fifa online from Amazon or something when it comes out but never bothered this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Sorry for the newb post but where can I get Fifa 20 quickly (either download or online) - I'm in France and all the shops are closed & dying of boredom.

Thought I'd download it from the PlayStation Store but it's coming up as 69.99€ which I consider too steep for a game that is out 6 months.

I normally order Fifa online from Amazon or something when it comes out but never bothered this year.

I downloaded it last night for €35 on the xbox store.

Loaded it up and found that someone had hacked my EA account so I couldn't get onto the servers. Took me a good hour and a half to get through to EA, eventually they sorted it.

The game plays very well imo. Just been playing Online Seasons, must give UT a crack.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Really strange all the hate this game has got.

Maybe it was much worse before the patch. But I got the game because of the virus after not getting Fifa for a few years as it was so poor.
    Much improved game. Career is much better, Ultimate level is very good not too easy or too hard. A good challenge

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭piplip87

MD1990 wrote: »
    Really strange all the hate this game has got.

Maybe it was much worse before the patch. But I got the game because of the virus after not getting Fifa for a few years as it was so poor.
    Much improved game. Career is much better, Ultimate level is very good not too easy or too hard. A good challenge

It's a fantastic game offline. It's ultimate team that ruins it for me. It's basically a cross between a financial market simulator, a puzzle game and the football side of things come third. Add that to ridiculous pack rewards and a toxic community.

I moved to PES while it has its flaws it top tier players are very very easy to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭brianregan09

piplip87 wrote: »
    It's a fantastic game offline. It's ultimate team that ruins it for me. It's basically a cross between a financial market simulator, a puzzle game and the football side of things come third. Add that to ridiculous pack rewards and a toxic community.

I moved to PES while it has its flaws it top tier players are very very easy to get.

Agree with this , it's a great game for me , I've never bothered with Ultimate team , just a load of bollocks to make you put more money into the game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Danny dyers double

First time in years iv bought this. Took over the little fellas Ps4.
    Started carrer mode and took the West ham job.
    Playing on professional level.
    Brought in Grealish, Aaron's ( Norwich full back)
    And Tyrres Campbell (19 year old Stoke striker)
    Snodgrass and Lanzini gone so will have some money there to add to squad.
    Played two preseason games and lost both.
    Can't wait to get back to it tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Only the ultimate team people don't like it..
    The gameplay is almost if not perfect. Seasons mode is brilliant.. Cup weekends are great fortnightly.. Iv won the ea shield, the ea Cup, Continental Cup..All I need is to win the Premier Cup.. Fantastic game.
    Ultimate team is a money racket and not realistic.
    Seasons is the best. Real teams.
    Volta football is abit of fun.

I for one am looking forward to FIFA 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭MOR316

One of the worst games I've ever played!

They're not even trying to hide the fixing now. Win 10 games online in a row, lose 10 in a row, rinse and repeat!
    Your players are invincible for your winning streaks, feels like you're controlling fat blobs who can't move for your losing streaks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭eggy81

The scripting at legendary level.in career mode would break your heart in this game. Hitting the post and bar from 6 yards time and again. Peolle making up 5 yards on mbappe to get a tackle in. My defenders being unable to win a ball 70 30% in their favour and they score with their 9nly w shots in the fame. 2-0 defeat. Go out and win the next game 5-0. Its just a rage inducing experience. Maybe there's no other way of increasing the difficulty until more sophisticated ai is available. I dunno

• Registered Users Posts: 5 RogerMorrison

maybe you should spend more time practicing with the machine to learn some good tips and improve your level

Advertisement