Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oceans 11 Werewolf Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

I am finding it really difficult to believe Wendy's claims of a bullet fired.

@Oisin, you mentioned early that you strongly believe Wendy, can you elaborate on that?

Henry WW wrote: »
    Hahhaha get rid of me

Christ I AM TRYING

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Abigail WW wrote: »
    Neither showed up as an FFA
    I put the letters FFA in a small post about Fiona and Henry. Then I did a long post on Mary, Henry and everyone else without the letters FFA. You can search, I give reasons for my votes.
    Abigail WW wrote:
    Five people were on single vote wagons D1
    Fair enough, then I'm wrong. But the other wagons were 2 vote wagons, barely wagons at all.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Vernon WW wrote: »
    I'm assuming you meant munch here. I think Phil said it was a power block not a role block but I want to double check now.

Ah yes I meant munch! Eh yeah I mean the flavour could actually lend itself to both! It says group of evils, So Steves protect may have stopped the munch and the power/role block may have stopped the potential Vig

Oisin WW wrote: »
    And Wendy is good barring some sort of sorcery. You can take my word on that or not

This is the post I'm referring to

• Advertisement

Hahhaha get rid of me

Even you are a villager, you might aswell be a wolf with the way your playing:mad:

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Ah yes I meant munch! Eh yeah I mean the flavour could actually lend itself to both! It says group of evils, So Steves protect may have stopped the munch and the power/role block may have stopped the potential Vig

The issue with that theory is it only mentiones them going after one character, which would mean two separate teams going after the same person... Or that one team tried to munch and shoot the same person, which makes no sense.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Hahhaha get rid of me

tumblr_mstwamiShd1r3451ro1_400.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

OK, this is based on the fact that there were no deaths at all last night. I'm wondering if the goons had body/vig roles. So Terry was invulnerable because when the odd night vig was shooting, the even night vig could protect and vice versa. Wendy had announced she had a bullet before Orla was in any danger, so she couldn't backtrack on having it but we have gone from two potential munches and a vig shot, to no deaths at all. It seems very suspicious.

I know everyone seemed to dismiss this but can someone explain why it isn't possible?

Is Henry just posting enough to get through the 5 post requirements?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Day 3: Automated Votals from #81 to #90

Mary WW (1): Oisin WW
    Nigel WW (1): Abigail WW
    Katie WW (2): Gabriel WW, Phil WW
    Wendy WW (2): Mary WW, Clodagh WW
    Henry WW (2): Steve WW, Frank WW
    Not voting (6): Barbara WW, Henry WW, Katie WW, Nigel WW, Vernon WW, Wendy WW

Phase ends in 2h41m.

I know everyone seemed to dismiss this but can someone explain why it isn't possible?

Think it's just that it didn't specify that in Orla's flavour. It only stated the alpha couldn't be killed while both goons were alive, not that they have alternate shoot/protect roles

It it time to start narrowing down who we're lynching? We've got 5 active wagons here.

I'm still advocating for a Henry lynch because at worst, he's village and we lose the most unhelpful villager EVER, at best he's a wolf and he's gone.

Steve WW wrote: »
    Think it's just that it didn't specify that in Orla's flavour. It only stated the alpha couldn't be killed while both goons were alive, not that they have alternate shoot/protect roles

This is true but I'd imagine that it would be deemed unfair to reveal that much in the flavour *if* it was the case.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Ya, I think we lynch Henry then sift through the wreckage of whats left behind.

It it time to start narrowing down who we're lynching? We've got 5 active wagons here.

I'm still advocating for a Henry lynch because at worst, he's village and we lose the most unhelpful villager EVER, at best he's a wolf and he's gone.

Well, at worst he has some kind of Jester role and manic explosions/automatic win for Henry. Which really would be the worst.

This is true but I'd imagine that it would be deemed unfair to reveal that much in the flavour *if* it was the case.

I thought kill flavour was always what the person received themselves regarding the role in the beginning, is that not the case?

That said, I'm definitely in favour of lynching Henry.

Well, at worst he has some kind of Jester role and manic explosions/automatic win for Henry. Which really would be the worst.

Is that a thing????

I don't know am I willing to not lynch Henry on the basis that he might be an exploding pile of annoying and auto kill everyone and win. Because if we don't lynch him then he's still here

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Is Henry just posting enough to get through the 5 post requirements?

hehe

I don't know am I willing to not lynch Henry on the basis that he might be an exploding pile of annoying and auto kill everyone and win. Because if we don't lynch him then he's still here

Yep. I'm with you on that.

Hey Phil did you use your power on anyone the night before cause frankly I dont believe your claim

Oisin WW wrote: »
    Henry's madness would appear to make more sense if he is Terry. Trying to get the village to waste lynches on him as he had his two goons. Now he doesnt hes gone quiet.
    That makes little sense. Wolves want the village whittled down. Can an alpha wolf even be protected from lynch? And what happens when village discover he can't be lynched? Wouldn't he be a bit compromised? 

Some new reads on today's posts.

Barbara:She said last night she was going to stay on her initial vote. Then five minutes later, switched to Orla. A bit odd perhaps. Barely posted today, but I'm pretty neutral on her.

Nigel: Just pops in and out, with a few lines, little of substance. A non-entity. Happy to escape last night?

Oisin: Same as above, but to a much lesser extent. Agree with him on Mary, although not sure if he's just copying my thoughts and voting Mary to help someone.

Phil: Still not posting enough for my liking. I don't disbelieve his claim. Same as  above.

Wendy: Just weird, humming and hawing. She didn't shoot me, I know that much. Leaning wolf 2-  after Mary.

Henry: I'm just going to take everything he posts with a pinch of salt. I can't make sense of any of it. I suspect he might be getting frustrated because players aren't really rising to his 'lynch me' bait. Village or wolf, like some he's playing a role which we are not privy to. I'm probably never going to vote for him tbh, the rest of you can do what you want.

Everyone else is the same or improved on yesterday, although I'm not as sure on Frank and Steve.

Gabriel village
    Frank, Steve, Clodagh, Abigail, Vernon leaning village

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

The OP says it’s either team wolf or team village.

I don’t see the upside of killing Henry. Just cause he’s annoying. How many actually think he’s a wolf? I don’t

Phil WW wrote: »
    Think I'll probably go with one of the people who pushed Steve's genie thing. Probably Katie

So Steve has a block power, his only suspicion and post of interest was to say he was voting for Katie on N1 (Monday) so reason would make me think he would also block the power of the one person he was sussy of.

Fast forward to this morning
    I hadn't decided on who to vote for. I probably would've gone for Katie again if you hadn't claimed.
    Okay, I'm going to throw it out there that I blocked Katie last night. I was hoping to see something from Katie today but no posts from her yet. I think she may be the even night vig.
    You blocked Katie last night, why wouldnt you block her N1 when she was your only suspicion? Surely you cant block the same person on multiple nights
    I think it would be clear why Katie, I voted for them day one. Only voted Orla because of Gabriel's reveal. Probably would've stuck with Katie anyway.

My power wouldn't block a munch but would block a power such as a vigilante kill (which is what I think happened).
    Frankly, I wish it were that easy. I'm saying Katie's power whatever it was was blocked last night and there were no kills this morning. Now, the wolves munch may have been blocked and my block had no effect on anything.
    Starts hedging here
    Well I definitely didn't block the munch. I know that wasn't me.

Katie may not have had any kill actions last night, so I may be wrong but I think that is why. I don't think it is a massive leap to suspect an even night vig given there was an odd night vig. If there was an even night vig where did there kill go? They hardly tried to kill the same person steve protected - that'd be shocking wolf play. So I think there is an even night vig and I blocked them.
    Giving himself an out
    As I've said, I blocked whatever power Katie had last night.
    Mary WW wrote: »
    i think 1 of you must be lying.
    I was able to block a role, I did not block anything happening to that person. I blocked their power.
    It is possible both are telling the truth.

Hedging again when Mary asks the question. It is possible both are telling the truth is a weird line for me.

IMO Phil is lying, why wouldnt he block Katie on N1 and he could hardly block her two nights on the trot and why would you if you have no impact on night 1

Right final post I typed out earlier.

I wrote a long post yesterday mostly on Mary. She survived the night despite being targeted by Wendy, who said she sent the order early. Wendy telegraphed her shot on Mary, bad move imo. Today she says she didn't shoot Mary and she shot me, despite not even mentioning me once until an hour ago. I didn't get any notification of any shot or protect. Serious question marks over what Wendy is up to;  already, a low poster contributing little, with reasoning and claims all over the place. she moves up on my list; but for now I'm happy to settle on Mary.

Mary had a lynch vote power, she said as much, so she couldn't protect herself. Was she being protected by a fellow wolf? Or is Wendy her teammate and the minor friction between them all for show? Leaving Wendy aside, no villager has claimed to have protected Mary for any reason. She is one of the top posters; take away the guff and fluff and you're left with little of any substance. 
    Mary WW wrote:
    so we have steve and frank who are good.

i think everything else is up in the air.
    This is more leap to conclusion, contradictory stuff posted today. Players can't be cleared based on claims, instead of claims and corroboration e.g. Gabriel.  Gabriel is the only one cleared for me at this stage, unless he's a rogue/mad wolf; highly unlikely.
    okay, theory: it depends if wendy revealed the gun before orla was outted as bad.

if before: maybe the wolves had 2 kills last night, but the lynching of orla scuppered that somehow. if that is the case, i would have been killed, wendy would have been semi cleared as a vig now normal villager.
    maybe orla being lynched reduced their kills to 1, so the whole wendy claiming vig is now ****ed.
    i'm saying she was lying about having a vig bullet. that it was actually a wolf bullet that was lost when orla died.

just becuase orla was even night, maybe the 2 need to be alive to be used.
    as i said above, what else happened that can explain a disappearing bullet?
    i like my theory :pac:

if the wolves had 2 kills last night, 1 munch and 1 bullet.
    someone munched or protected..thats fine
    mary shot.

wendy is then cleared of being a wolf as much as is possible because she claims my death is her vig shot rather than a wolf bullet.

so i'm guessing with orla dead, they lost a bullet last night. which wendy was claiming as a vig bullet.

Unless I'm misunderstanding, this theory makes little sense imo and looks more like a charade to explain why she isn't dead (this theory might actually help me: re: Phil's claim-but I think it's illogical tbh). It confuses me Frankly. As Gabriel said:
    Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Na I dont think so.

So far Wendy has changed her story a bit.

Shes claimed a shot by 1.

Says she then its a nighttime action and it will be happening at night.

Then half heartedly says she changed her order.

Then confirms a shot was confirmed at 8.37 i think.

Yet no death.

Then refuses to say who she targeted.

I'm still voting for Mary. I might change for self-pres or if we get another Gabrielesque reveal, that's it.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Fair to ask, who did you block N1 Phil?

Abigail WW wrote: »
    The OP says it’s either team wolf or team village.

I don’t see the upside of killing Henry. Just cause he’s annoying. How many actually think he’s a wolf? I don’t

Yeah, it's quite specific in that there will be no neutral option. A jester role would count for either village OR wolf parity at endgame if still alive. I'm not convinced that this is the role in play anyway.

I think it's quite likely he is a wolf actually. I think it's likely he is Terry.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Right, I have a theory I’d like people thoughts on.

This was the post from mid this morning- it talks about a flash of light and I think we had an emp in one of the movies. What if this morning was an emp and none of last nights actions actually happen as a result . I think we had something similar in the overwatch game
    Rikand wrote: »
    The group of evils began their night trying to find someone to kill in an act of revenge on their fallen comrade. They picked someone out and prepared to mount him, but then out of nowhere, a blinding flash of light appeared and money, lots and lots of money appeared in front of them. When the light faded and they had finished counting all the money, their target had disappeared.....

IT IS DAY!

Advertisement