Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oceans 11 Werewolf Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Back to Katie's posts I go

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Wendy WW wrote: »
    I ignored this yesterday. I don't know how to answer within the rules. I had a different roll and I posted that list for after I died.....in case you needed it. But as it happens it won't be needed but you'll see why when I die.

Last person to talk about answering within the rules was Orla. I don’t see how there can be a conflict between you talking about your vig role and at the same time not saying your characters name

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Abigail WW wrote: »
    Last person to talk about answering within the rules was Orla. I don’t see how there can be a conflict between you talking about your vig role and at the same time not saying your characters name

Exactly. You should be able to discuss your role while omitting your character name.

You also should have no reason to hide the identity of your alleged target, esp when it didnt hit.

Its not adding up Wendy.... you appear to be bluffing your way through at this stage

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Exactly. You should be able to discuss your role while omitting your character name.

You also should have no reason to hide the identity of your alleged target, esp when it didnt hit.

Its not adding up Wendy.... you appear to be bluffing your way through at this stage

still doesnt make any sense. if wendy was a wolf with no gun, why would she say so?

okay, theory: it depends if wendy reveled the gun before orla was outted as bad.

if before: maybe the wolves had 2 kills last night, but the lynching of orla scuppered that somehow. if that is the case, i would have been killed, wendy would have been semi cleared as a vig now normal villager.
    maybe orla being lynched reduced their kills to 1, so the whole wendy claiming vig is now ****ed.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

Afternoon all. Im working nights now for the rest of the week so will be tough to keep up but ill do my best.

I've read back from last nights and here are my thoughts:

First off anyone claiming they (or others) are %100 per cent lock clear should be under suspicion. Frank and Mary i'm looking at you. Mary is without a doubt top of my wolf list now. Steves apparent protection of Frank look good but again we cannot blindly follow here say from just two people.

The one I have top of my village list is now Gabs. The Orla follow worked a treat. Catch a wolf, kill a wolf as the old saying goes. A big change from my opinions yesterday but I cannot see a play where a wolf would bus a teammate so early on.

Henry's madness would appear to make more sense if he is Terry. Trying to get the village to waste lynches on him as he had his two goons. Now he doesnt hes gone quiet.

Spotted Clodaghs code very early on and would have her in my good books. It isnt concrete evidence but along with the rest of her play gives me a definite village lean.

Wendy and the bullet...... I dunno. Saw someone suggesting it could have been a wolf ploy which could make sense. I wouldn't see it like that though. I trust her

All in all the wolves had an absolute stinker of a night. Im glad to see the village followed Gabs and not Henry

• Advertisement

Mary WW wrote: »
    still doesnt make any sense. if wendy was a wolf with no gun, why would she say so?

okay, theory: it depends if wendy reveled the gun before orla was outted as bad.

if before: maybe the wolves had 2 kills last night, but the lynching of orla scuppered that somehow. if that is the case, i would have been killed, wendy would have been semi cleared as a vig now normal villager.
    maybe orla being lynched reduced their kills to 1, so the whole wendy claiming vig is now ****ed.

Na I dont think so.

So far Wendy has changed her story a bit.

Granted shes working, but thats a hazard of these games. Probably true but its a common wolf excuse to avoid saying too much.

Shes claimed a shot by 1.

Says she then its a nighttime action and it will be happening at night.

Then half heartedly says she changed her order.

Then confirms a shot was confirmed at 8.37 i think.

Yet no death.

Then refuses to say who she targeted.

Its very suss at the very least.

I like this analysis, I can see a lot of sense in it

I’d agree Phil has coasted by, as has Oisin

I’ll get a chance at lunch to go through Orla’s posts and see if anything jumps out. Maybe study who she interacted with and who she didn’t. There has to be clues in there

Hey there Abi.

Im here for the next hour or so anyway.

Just want to point of that I called out Mary yesterday for some of those very same points in that analysis you like so much

Not the case

Orla was odd night bad vig

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    It was in reply to Steve who thinks we are all over the place.
    I was saying we are in a good place.

1) we killed a goon.
    2) we have plenty to do with the spew analysis.

so, him saying we are all over the place does not line up for me.

The question was to steve... HOW are we all over the place?

Him thinking we are all over the place, convinced him that he needed to reveal, where he could have held mum for longer.

I felt there was more value to confirming villagers than keeping quiet. We have killed a goon based on Gabriel's power which is now used up. I am 99% sure we have a wolf in Henry, which leaves us with two wolves.

If we are assuming that this list and alignments are accurate:

Abigail WW
    Barbara WW
    Clodagh WW
    Riona WW
    Fiona WW

Frank WW
    Gabriel WW
    Henry WW
    Holly WW
    Mary WW
    Nigel WW
    Oisin WW
    Orla WW
    Phil WW
    Katie WW
    Steve WW
    Vernon WW
    Wendy WW

That leaves 9 players, with two wolves in that mix. That's not a bad place to be in but there is still a lot of uncertainty. One good thing for tonight is that with orla, the odd night vig dead, we should only have one kill tonight and one lynch in Henry who is definitely a wolf.

Oisin WW wrote: »
    Im glad to see the village followed Gabs and not Henry

Can you clarify what you menat by the above Ois?

Regarding Henry Sellers, hes always been barking about wanting to be lynched.

Funny as he is now the main suspect that he goes missing. He was no stop Monday and Tuesday..... now we find out that Alpha wolf was invincible and hes gone all Madeline MCCann

• Advertisement

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Lot to catch up on, thought Steve was a wolf tbh so trying to process this revelation. Did frank get a notification of protection from the angel? Also if I was a BG, gabriel would have been my protect last night

good thing you weren't the angel so. I didn't see Gabriel getting munched after Orla trying to pin him as her wolf buddy yesterday.

Oisin WW wrote: »
    Henry's madness would appear to make more sense if he is Terry. Trying to get the village to waste lynches on him as he had his two goons. Now he doesnt hes gone quiet.

Doesn’t make sense. Wolves want a high kill rate

Na I dont think so.

So far Wendy has changed her story a bit.

Granted shes working, but thats a hazard of these games. Probably true but its a common wolf excuse to avoid saying too much.

Shes claimed a shot by 1.

Says she then its a nighttime action and it will be happening at night.

Then half heartedly says she changed her order.

Then confirms a shot was confirmed at 8.37 i think.

Yet no death.

Then refuses to say who she targeted.

Its very suss at the very least.

i like my theory :pac:

if the wolves had 2 kills last night, 1 munch and 1 bullet.
    someone munched or protected..thats fine
    mary shot.

wendy is then cleared of being a wolf as much as is possible because she claims my death is her vig shot rather than a wolf bullet.

so i'm guessing with orla dead, they lost a bullet last night. which wendy was claiming as a vig bullet.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Can i vote for myself again?

Not the case

Orla was odd night bad vig

is there any other way to reasonably explain away a bullet, aside from orla dying.

unless wendy didnt have a bullet is the only other thing i can think of. which isnt true according to her.

mary shot.

wendy is then cleared of being a wolf as much as is possible because she claims my death is her vig shot rather than a wolf bullet.

so i'm guessing with orla dead, they lost a bullet last night. which wendy was claiming as a vig bullet.

but Orla was the odd night vig so she wouldn't have had a shot last night. last night was night 2

Henry WW wrote: »
    Can i vote for myself again?

give us something useful or go away

Steve WW wrote: »
    but Orla was the odd night vig so she wouldn't have had a shot last night. last night was night 2

as i said above, what else happened that can explain a disappearing bullet?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

give us something useful or go away

You can't get rid of me.

I'm guessing she didn't have one.
    a fake bullet?

• Advertisement

Henry WW wrote: »
    You can't get rid of me.

what up henry

mary shot.

I know your guessing, as we all are. I just disagree with the guess.

We need more input from Wendy though.

She could easily disguise her kill as a vig potentially.

However without a list of roles, its all just speculation at this point.

I'm guessing she didn't have one.
    a fake bullet?

she has clarified after the fact that she did have 1.

maybe a fake bullet. thats possible alright

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

So, I went back and looked at all of Katie's posts. A couple of things stood out. The first is that she did a 2 person FFA. Always a bit of a clanger. She then followed up by saying that FFAs are hard to do, despite having written one and tagged it as such.

I did feel she was asking the right questions and was nice and active on Monday which was where my good lean came from. Yesterday though there was a lot of filler about the tie breaking and got caught out by Barbara for knowing Wendy was the one with the bullet.

Based on her posting yesterday, I'm not sure I'd put her on a team with Mary. I think she had a task yesterday. She raised good points about Orla's 'reveal' that she had a task to do but that's not really enough to put her in the village pile.

Based on my reading, I'm honestly not sure. I'd like to hear more from her and I'd like her to confirm/deny that she had a task to do.

Can you clarify what you menat by the above Ois?

Regarding Henry Sellers, hes always been barking about wanting to be lynched.

Funny as he is now the main suspect that he goes missing. He was no stop Monday and Tuesday..... now we find out that Alpha wolf was invincible and hes gone all Madeline MCCann

I was saying yesterday that I did not like the idea at all of taking Henry's word as gospel. Mary was happy to follow his ramblings because it "cleared" her. That is why she is top of my list.

Youre claim about Orla was far more solid than any of his nonsense

I dont know is the short answer.

she has clarified after the fact that she did have 1.

maybe a fake bullet. thats possible alright

It doesnt mean shes being truthful though

Doesn’t make sense. Wolves want a high kill rate

I agree they would want a high kill rate. But it is possible that he would try and attract a lynch/bullet if he knew he was invincible. Thats why I said it would appear to make more sense

Maybe we are wrong in assuming an even day wolf vig is present.

• Advertisement

It doesnt mean shes being truthful though

well we agree on that!

i'm saying she was lying about having a vig bullet. that it was actually a wolf bullet that was lost when orla died.

just becuase orla was even night, maybe the 2 need to be alive to be used.

Advertisement