Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ShaneU's Walrus - The Reveal (Mod: no quoting videos)

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Well played Necro, congrats and thanks for running Shane, great game and reveals.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

ShaneU wrote: »
    In 19th place with 3 points is
    Deleted User
    Fiona Apple – Newspaper

Have I listened to this artist before? Yes
    Have I listened to this song before? No

Unfortunately I just couldn’t enjoy this one. The percussion is annoyingly loud which makes it hard to listen to. A little too alternative for me I think.

I think this song is another proof of why we performed average in each other's Walrus: this song would have easily been top-3 if I had to rank this list. Built around the type of percussion I absolutely love, great choice Homer.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Well done Necro.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Great job Necro! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Congrats Necro, great win!

and thank you again Shane for organising, great reveal!!

• Advertisement

:(

It's the hope that kills you. So close, and then that final hurdle....SPLAT.

This was my other potential submission, which in hindsight you might have preferred. In some ways a polar opposite as it has a very gentle, woozy sound. Definitely a lot calmer than Newspaper but the passion and intensity of the latter just gave me more goosebumps (though evidently not everyone's cup of Walrus-tea!)

Oh well, my Sunday night is ruined but sure what about it. Congratulations Necro, well played!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,006 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Necro wrote: »
    1f80575d6a093032750e0a760bc4d72ee956cfd2.gifv

MY FIRST WALRUS WIN!!!

Wooooo hoooo!

Thanks for running ShaneU, great Walrus :D

Congratulations Necro and Thank You Shane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I'm just happy I finished above Levar.

I've got loads of new stuff for a next Walrus, including some rather spectacular Indonesian Funk.

Irish Aris wrote: »
    I think this song is another proof of why we performed average in each other's Walrus: this song would have easily been top-3 if I had to rank this list. Built around the type of percussion I absolutely love, great choice Homer.

Thanks. I still better in his than I did yours though. :mad::p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Congrats on your win necro and a thanks to shane for running this, great song selections in every round

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Whoopee! I've placed. :D

This is the highest I've ever came by a long chalk.
    Congrats to Necro and Pretzill on the spoon.
    Good walrus Shane,cheers.

Her is an artist's impression of Necro, Shelly and me...
    tenor.gif?itemid=5198997

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Yay! Well done Necro - and I got the spoon and no-ones taking that off me - Thanks Shane a good old throw back Walrus in general - really enjoyed but missed loads so need to go back and listen again!

Pretzill wrote: »
    Yay! Well done Necro - and I got the spoon and no-ones taking that off me - Thanks Shane a good old throw back Walrus in general - really enjoyed but missed loads so need to go back and listen again!

and many Congrats Pretzill! :D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Nope

In 1st place with 21 points is
    Deja Boo
    Carly Pearce – It Won’t Always Be Like This

Have I listened to this artist before? No

Now this is the kind of country I can get behind, I love everything about this. She has a great voice. The three and a half minutes flew by, very easy listening! This walrus was like waiting on a bus playing good country music, you wait three weeks and then three all show up at once! :pac:

Well done Deja, nice song. When is your walrus? I feel I could do well in it!

Congrats Necro

Three of the top four this evening were country songs, yee-haw

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29f5h0zonrw1lci29xo6fmsr1phs9zrffcfpeixttx&rid=giphy.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Nope

In 1st place with 21 points is
    Deja Boo
    Carly Pearce – It Won’t Always Be Like This

Have I listened to this artist before? No

Now this is the kind of country I can get behind, I love everything about this. She has a great voice. The three and a half minutes flew by, very easy listening! This walrus was like waiting on a bus playing good country music, you wait three weeks and then three all show up at once! :pac:

Oh my God that song just made my ears actually bleed and now I'm dead.

Thanks for organising shaneU! Well done Necro. I guess sometimes other people's music tastes are just so divergent from your own that you just re-evaluate what the point of existence even is :confused: I probably would have stacked most of these rounds literally the other way. :pac:

I think I'm coming away from this having learned something... I feel the knowledge will come upon reflection...

s1ippy wrote: »
    I think I'm coming away from this having learned something...

That you like Pink? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Oh my God that song just made my ears actually bleed and now I'm dead.

Thanks for organising shaneU! Well done Necro. I guess sometimes other people's music tastes are just so divergent from your own that you just re-evaluate what the point of existence even is :confused: I probably would have stacked most of these rounds literally the other way. :pac:

I think I'm coming away from this having learned something... I feel the knowledge will come upon reflection...
    I don't see your name on the upcoming Walrus list S1ippy? Show us all the error of our ways :pac: Shít or get off the pot :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,340 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Gutted to have thrown away the lead at the very end. Should have went with Ava Max.

Congrats Necro on your win and thanks Shane for running :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,357 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Thanks for running ShaneU. I only realised listening to Surlaws how much effort it takes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I probably would have stacked most of these rounds literally the other way. :pac:

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

Green&Red wrote: »
    Well done Deja, nice song. When is your walrus? I feel I could do well in it!

Congrats Necro

Three of the top four this evening were country songs, yee-haw

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29f5h0zonrw1lci29xo6fmsr1phs9zrffcfpeixttx&rid=giphy.gif

For all you honky-tonk heroes and boot-scooters out there: a new documentary series starting on RTE1 tonight at 11:10 about the history of country music. Looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Green&Red wrote: »
    Trying to get a country disco song proved an issue

Stumbled upon this today... :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

I don't see your name on the upcoming Walrus list S1ippy? Show us all the error of our ways :pac: Shít or get off the pot :D
    After Christmas :D

I'm absolutely hoppin with work until then!

Stumbled upon this today... :D
    That's not really disco it's dance music

I think the idea of country disco is best left to our imaginations :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

That's not really disco it's dance music

giphy.gif

That's not really disco it's dance music ...
    Not even Boot Scootn' Boogey? :p

Deja Boo wrote: »
    cringe!

cringe!

:D

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Must be the beginners class :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Must be the beginners class :rolleyes:

Can't imagine what the advanced class is like :D --- the Mullet Dance Acadamy.

Advertisement