Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Advice on buying a boat for somebody with no car

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭Ferris

You are well set up so. I'd stick with your current motor - better the devil you know and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭antietam1

The 9.8 Tohatsu on the pull start seems easier than the 6hp Tohatsu which I traded in.
    Anyhow I will be 69 soon enough so will have to go back to the 2 stroke.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭wannabecraig

antietam1 wrote: »
    If you can get your hands on a 6hp or less outboard and provide that for the boat it's €60.
    Be prepared for a slow trip, nice Quartzy beaches around the lake for a picnic.
    Permit available from the boathire for fishing is €5 for two rods.

Booked for Sunday. Looking forward to it.
    Any idea which rods/lures I should be using?
    I've only got a boat rod for sea fishing with mackerel lures,
    I might buy a few second had ones if I can find on adverts for this trip and further fishing days.

Booked for Sunday. Looking forward to it.
    Any idea which rods/lures I should be using?
    I've only got a boat rod for sea fishing with mackerel lures,
    I might buy a few second had ones if I can find on adverts for this trip and further fishing days.

For pike I use all manner of spinners like spoons, I love casting.
    I have caught all manner of fish with something called a diving plug, which is a small fish like lure which simulates distress.
    Could you drop into Rory's or similar.
    The people I hired from well the last bit of the road down to the lake is very rough.
    Have got directions

Would a 7.5ft sea spinning rod be ok to fish with here?

• Advertisement

Would a 7.5ft sea spinning rod be ok to fish with here?

I fished with one same and one telescopic, either is fine.
    Are you going through Lacken to Ballyknocan, if so the directions are not very good.
    The boat we got was a bit of a tub, but it was big and stable and great fun.

We've been there before, a few months ago, found it ok but road is a little rough going down as you say.
    THere are only 4 of use going, so should be plenty of room.

We've been there before, a few months ago, found it ok but road is a little rough going down as you say.
    THere are only 4 of use going, so should be plenty of room.

Sorry confused you with another chap.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Tom44

I see this add popping up regularly on done deal boats

https://www.donedeal.ie/boats-for-sale/tohatsu-2-strokes-outboard-motorsread-carefully/24133356

See ALL his adds

My computer wont let me look at that, will have look with the phone.
    Trying to get a receipt out of the guy that I bought the outboard from is killing me.
    Citizens advice say you are not by law entitled to a receipt.
    All the times I looked at done deal and never spotted him, 9.8 hp 2 stroke. €1655 and 27kg approx.
    One concern is the serial numbers he shows, for example 2019 would end with ak..... ab for 2020.
    Might have been lying in a warehouse for years, worth a shot though.

• Advertisement

Thom rang the guy out of curiosity, with my old geezer hearing and his heavily Eastern European accent could not understand him.
    He may have said ring back later or Broadsword calling Danny boy.

Advertisement