Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How to register online and claim levy/tax credits/ refunds : Now Includes Forms

1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭relax carry on

What company would be best to deal with if looking for a Tax Rebate? Who can do it?

If you can manage to post here, then you can do it yourself for free via MyAccount on Revenue.ie.

When you say looking for a tax rebate, do you have something specific in mind or just a general am I entitled to rebate query?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,567 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

If you can manage to post here, then you can do it yourself for free via MyAccount on Revenue.ie.

When you say looking for a tax rebate, do you have something specific in mind or just a general am I entitled to rebate query?

I know little of it, so part both, am I entitled to one. So it's easily done, hmm, never turned out that way, but I'll take a look.

I know little of it, so part both, am I entitled to one. So it's easily done, hmm, never turned out that way, but I'll take a look.

Tax refunds come about in three ways:

1 You've been emergency taxed during an active tax year and your employer or you didn't correct it.
    2. You were moving/working multiple jobs during an active tax year and your credits and rate band weren't utilised/distributed efficiently between your employments.
    3 You are claiming some additional tax credit/relief based on your own circumstances. For example health expenses, tution fees, home carer tax credit in Jointly Assessed cases for married/civil partners, etc.

https://www.revenue.ie/en/personal-tax-credits-reliefs-and-exemptions/index.aspx

https://www.revenue.ie/en/online-services/services/common/request-or-view-your-statement-of-liability.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭nihicib2

Got married last year, partner is self employed, low income, can I claim some of his tax credits and if so how do I go about it?

nihicib2 wrote: »
    Got married last year, partner is self employed, low income, can I claim some of his tax credits and if so how do I go about it?

All info here.

https://www.revenue.ie/en/life-events-and-personal-circumstances/marital-status/marriage-and-civil-partnerships/joint-assessment.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭raymick

I worked for an Irish company I was sent to Sweden to work for them I paid tax here in Ireland, an apartment was rented for 3 of us by the company and we received €20 a day expenses for food etc, which obviously didn't cover everything as it is an expensive country so I had to pay for most stuff from my own money as well as my normal expenses at home wife, kids, mortgage and bills, can I claim any tax back. I worked there for three weeks of a month and got home every third Friday and then back again that Monday so out of a month I was only home for 2 days

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭rightmove

Hi,

Just logged into revenue and looks like I have overpayment of preliminary tax to claim for 2022. I also have some dental work that needs to be cliamed.

I see that there is a wizard for the submission of Income tax return (which I presume I need to fill out to claim).

Not sure why they dont just refund you the overpayment - why do you need to fill a form.

Also I havent dont this in years so any advice is appreciated from you tax gurus.

Is it simple enough process. Presume of the dental I need the reciepts etc.

Advertisement