Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

That's what I was looking at, I wouldn't set foot near that Petri dish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Looks quiet enough on the beach

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Looks quiet enough on the beach

the rest doesn't look so good on the zoom camera

Ah but that's family units for the most part I'd say with plenty of space in between them - sure if your right down at the town end it's no doubt frantic but there's 5 KM to use and that's just on the bay side. No reason not to have a space if you want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭OhToBeByTheSea

spookwoman wrote: »
    Tramore packed again today don't get how people think its fun to spend a day like that

Dunmore East is the very same and the beach here is tiny by comparison to Tramore.
    I passed The Strand and the Spinnaker earlier and they're both still breaking all the rules, as they have been since they reopened to the public.

• Advertisement

Day 25. No cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,826 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Day 25. No cases.

Hopefully we keep it going

If so we could escape a region lockdown if we continue to go that way

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

its only a matter of time when we'll all be in lockdown again....and all because of greed.

to be fair to business owners, theyre panicking, and understandable so, banks will only wait so long for payment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

its only a matter of time when we'll all be in lockdown again....and all because of greed.

Greed from who,the meat factories?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

spookwoman wrote: »
    Tramore packed again today don't get how people think its fun to spend a day like that

Great to see all the beaches full with people and everyone out and about getting back to normal and having fun enjoying the sunshine,not everyone wants to be locked up at home on a beautiful Summers day.

• Advertisement

Great to see all the beaches full with people and everyone out and about getting back to normal and having fun enjoying the sunshine,not everyone wants to be locked up at home on a beautiful Summers day.

Absolutely, everything is fine, nothing to see here!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Deisekickboxing

Is it though , seen how it can explode in the midlands saw dozens of uk cars headding to tramore today just takes one spreader and off we go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭dzilla

Dunmore East is the very same and the beach here is tiny by comparison to Tramore.
    I passed The Strand and the Spinnaker earlier and they're both still breaking all the rules, as they have been since they reopened to the public.

I cannot speak for any of the other places but I was in the Spinnaker at the weekend at I thought of all of the places I have been the last couple of weeks they where the best. Staff had the masks and the distancing was in place. The time limit at the table was enforced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭dzilla

With the Hub or Norrises is the food being prepped in a different building establishment? If that is the case what are the implications on the hub for instance if someone involved in food prep amigos is in contact with covid , or if someone getting a take away or dining at amigos (keep me trtrue here don't know if he has seating indoors) is in contact with covid. If food is travelling over the road would such a situation take both establishments out?

Day 26.

No cases in Waterford for the 27th day in a row.

https://twitter.com/VirginMediaNews/status/1293229074601717762

No cases in Waterford for the 27th day in a row.

https://twitter.com/VirginMediaNews/status/1293229074601717762

Pity we couldnt seal off the borders and return to normal

Heres hoping we make it to 28

If we sealed the borders life would not be normal!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Heres hoping we make it to 28

Anyone else see Fergal Bowers report on the 6 OClock news? He said the HSE had issued a very interesting 14 day rolling figure County by County. He listed the unfortunate midlands with their 100+ per 100k population figures, then he mentioned the 5 a day locations, then he said, at the other end of the spectrum with less than 5 cases in 14 days were Kilkenny, Kerry and Donegal. He said this with an incredulous raise of the eyebrows. I waited for the punchline of none in 27 days but that was the end of the report.

As the old saying goes,just because you are paranoid, it doesn’t mean they aren’t out to get you. You can only laugh, if being non existent helps us avoid COVID, I’m a happy man.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

^ I find it incredibly hard to watch Fergal Bowers, he must be the most boring man I ever saw/listened to in my life. Dull, dreary and monotonous. If I ever get insomnia, ill switch him on...

• Advertisement

We could annex the port, and a few other bits and bobs during the process

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Flow Motion

In responding to the crisis firstly (the last) Government decided to Phase us [1-2-3-4] now the new regime or junta wants to colour code us [red, orange, yellow +blue] as the Minister for Health, Commandant 'Conehead' Donnelly puts his stamp on the evolving situation. Meanwhile sombre the N-(teacher's)-PET Dr Glynn advise we avoid crowds, keep 2m away from everyone, wear a mask and use the tracker app. And day by day slowly the country becomes more Orwellian. Yes its a pretty infectious virus but God only knows whats down the road; the imminent opening of the schools and colleges will be interesting to say the least. Then there is the changing of the seasons, Summer to Autumn to Winter. Christmas is gonna be great gas eh?
    Still its good to know that we are being governed by people who how what they are doing and not a bunch of over paid amateurs making it up as they muddle through, trying to make a name for themselves and outdo the efforts of the last regime.

In responding to the crisis firstly (the last) Government decided to Phase us [1-2-3-4] now the new regime or junta wants to colour code us [red, orange, yellow +blue] as the Minister for Health, Commandant 'Conehead' Donnelly puts his stamp on the evolving situation. Meanwhile sombre the N-(teacher's)-PET Dr Glynn advise we avoid crowds, keep 2m away from everyone, wear a mask and use the tracker app. And day by day slowly the country becomes more Orwellian. Yes its a pretty infectious virus but God only knows whats down the road; the imminent opening of the schools and colleges will be interesting to say the least. Then there is the changing of the seasons, Summer to Autumn to Winter. Christmas is gonna be great gas eh?
    Still its good to know that we are being governed by people who how what they are doing and not a bunch of over paid amateurs making it up as they muddle through, trying to make a name for themselves and outdo the efforts of the last regime.

they want us all in cotton wool til this magic vaccine appears

PTH2009 wrote:
    they want us all in cotton wool til this magic vaccine appears

They are trying to protect us

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    They are trying to protect us

I knw that but feel there will be serious mental health repercussions from this all this not to mention economic problems too

There will be, some services are deeply concerned about it at the moment, this is off peak for mental health services, and it's already buckling, this is gonna be a bad winter!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Flow Motion

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    this is gonna be a bad winter!

Can't imagine what Christmas time will be like should things remain the same or worsen. No pubs, no Xmas parties, scaled back shopping, no Santa visits, no Winterval.... maybe it will be a white one?:cool:

Can't imagine what Christmas time will be like should things remain the same or worsen. No pubs, no Xmas parties, scaled back shopping, no Santa visits, no Winterval.... maybe it will be a white one?

Apologies, I was talking in the sense of mental health services, but I hear yea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭aziz

I can't wait for the twelve pizzas of Christmas 😀

Advertisement