Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,052 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

EoinHef wrote: »
    CoD exclusivity back the was 4 weeks though wasnt it. Not the same as what the terms means now,usually a year or forever.

This type of long term exclusivity has been around for years since the PS360 generation. It was ****e back then and it's still ****e now.

One good positive is that Sony are now announcing if their games are console exclusive before release so PC players can wait for that version. It's not ideal but it's a step in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Well yeah,I've said the same myself.

Third party exclusivity is good for companies only. It doesn't help consumers in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

From a marketing perspective, they’re trying to get as many people onboard as quickly as possible with these incentives while trying to snuff out MS’s chances by building rapid momentum in the early years of the console.

From a gaming perspective, I’d much rather this money go into the development of stand alone games.

Hopefully this isn’t practice that continues as strongly for years and years. I’d be ok with the standard, Sony get GTA marketing rights, MS get Ubisoft, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I've not once regretted boycotting Sony and Microsoft products because of this kind of carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,404 ✭✭✭✭Penn

In line with the announcement of the delay of Halo Infinite, MS have confirmed a November release for the Series X, but no exact date.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/08/11/xbox-series-x-launching-with-thousands-of-games/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,247 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Penn wrote: »
    In line with the announcement of the delay of Halo Infinite, MS have confirmed a November release for the Series X, but no exact date.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/08/11/xbox-series-x-launching-with-thousands-of-games/

Thoughts with the poor Microsoft PR team.

“So you remember that whole Halo-heavy launch campaign you were planning? Well, funny story...”

Thoughts with the poor Microsoft PR team.

“So you remember that whole Halo-heavy launch campaign you were planning? Well, funny story...”

I'd say they're Infinitely disappointed

• Such a mess
    Such a let down

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

According to the warrantee date on those leaked controllers, it's looking like the 5th of November for the launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I doubt it would be cheap but Microsoft should try get a big new 3rd party game for Gamepass at launch. They don't even have a Forza this year to fall back on.

• Advertisement

I'm sort of amazed that any of the consoles are managing making it to production lines given how anarchic the year has been.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,141 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Do they have any big game to launch with?

What is Sony's big launch title, for that matter?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,052 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Backwards compatibility looking like a must have feature for both consoles as there'll be no new games to play on them until next year :D

J. Marston wrote: »

Spiderman I think.... Which is the original game with an short add on campaign I think (correct me if I'm wrong on this)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,938 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I don't think either have anything big for launch. All the WFH is definitely causing problems.

Miles Morales maybe? Generally I've found the release titles are always on poorer side for playstation anyway. Looks like a lot of the ones this time round are ones that will come out for existing hardware too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,887 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

With the surprise announcement of Rift Apart, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a launch title and they're just not saying so. The announcement was out of the blue (I called it an hour before :pac: ). Plus AstroBot. I think the PS5 will have more "new" content on launch than XSX.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Thoughts and prayers with Redmond.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,631 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Demon's Souls remaster would be an awesome launch title.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Demon's Souls remaster would be an awesome launch title.

That would make my day!

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,631 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

That would make my day!

Don't worry, I heard there is a 'Story Difficulty' so you can get to just experience the........story.

Out of principle, I still wouldn't play it now. :D

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Spiderman I think.... Which is the original game with an short add on campaign I think (correct me if I'm wrong on this)

Think its a standalone release. Probably be available as a bundle release with the original (upgraded for PS5) but Miles Morales itself seems to be standalone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Realms Deep 2020 is an online festival celebrating retro/old school shooters, hosted by 3D Realms on September 5th. They'll be revealing the new dark fantasy FPS they've been working on, but there should also be stuff on show from the likes of New Blood Interactive and NightDive Studios. Other guests will include John Romero, Tim Willits, Cliff Bleszinski, and American McGee.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,247 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Impression I get is that it’s a Lost Legacy esque stand-alone title. Actually quite like this approach - and I’m definitely of the camp that thinks LL’s a stronger game than U4 - but there’s always a definite risk that games of that ilk could be a b-team effort. We’ll see how it turns out I guess, although Spider-Man was probably IMO the most surprisingly tolerable of the PS4 open world exclusives.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

ERG89 wrote: »
    I doubt it would be cheap but Microsoft should try get a big new 3rd party game for Gamepass at launch. They don't even have a Forza this year to fall back on.

I remember when MS had a wealth of first party titles to pick from, then whittled them down to Halo, Gears and Forza & flogged the $h!t out of them. You reap what you sow... :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I remember when MS had a wealth of first party titles to pick from, then whittled them down to Halo, Gears and Forza & flogged the $h!t out of them. You reap what you sow... :(

I'm still hoping that they'll surprise us all with a Crimson Skies game at some stage. It'll happen, right? Right???

:mad::(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Killing the Fable franchise like a decade ago left a gap in their market. The Forza games getting delisted too is annoying. I think Forza Horizon 3 is getting taken off the store in a few weeks when its 4 years out. I hate that about licenced racers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

They took some steps to remedy it, but the Gears/Halo/Forza axis they built their platform on in the last decade has seriously collapsed with the relative decline of those series.

I know Forza is still well regarded but Gears and Halo are nowhere near the juggernauts they once were.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭recyclops

isnt the medium due for release in 2020 it was the only game that i liked the look of in the trailers, looks just dont cut it anymore with games tbh, remember how good ryse looked, played like ****e

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement