Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ultimate Battle of Western Europe

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Tuscany - easier on the eye on than Ceuta.

Canaries - good dogs. enough said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Literally only seen this thread now :( may aswell contribute now rather than never.

Canary Islands - Really nice colour scheme with a cool crest in the middle
    Tuscany - Nice simple red lines look nice on the white flag

Tuscanny

Canaries

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Ceuta and La Rioja

Love the way the red stands out against the black and white

La Rioja - took out one of my favourites earlier on, but I'll forgive it here. The green and yellow and red are brighter and nicer than the navy of the Canaries. Plus I don't really like dogs.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

cdeb wrote: »
    Plus I don't really like dogs.

:eek: :eek:

• Advertisement

Tuscany and the Canaries.

Tuscany because nothing trumps a flying horse, and the Canaries because of the pretty colour combination and elegant crest.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Am I too late?

Cuenta and Canaries for me.

Cuenta, I like the B&W with the crest, elevates it above other B&W in the competition.

Canaries has dogs!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,293 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Tuscany and the Canaries

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The scores are in....

Match 1

Tuscany 73%
    Cueta 27%

Match 2

Canary 73%
    La Rioja 27%

Tuscany and Canaries advance to the final

• Registered Users Posts: 10,676 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

So it comes down to the old classic battle, horse vs dog

WD1s.gif

• Advertisement

Final will be going live within the half hour....

This is your Grand Final in the Ultimate Battle for Western Europe. There’s a 120 minute time limit on this and whoever claims the most votes will be crowned champion. Have your say and pick your winner.
    Canary Islands
    Spanish Autonomous Community

thumb-flag-of-the-canary-islands-spain-national-flag-autonomous-community-canary-islands.jpg

R1 def Lazio and Friesland
    R2 def Groningen
    R3 def Abruzzo
    QF def Brittany
    SF def La Rioja

VS

Tuscany
    Italian Region

thumb-flag-of-tuscany-4k-silk-texture-tuscany-silk-flag.jpg

R1 def Basiliclata and Walloon Brabent
    R2 def Flemish Brabent
    R3 def Bavaria
    QF def Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
    SF def Ceuta

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Have to vote Tuscany here. It has my own clubs colours and of course a majestic horse to top it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

Tuscany - Lovely horse trumps mad dogs

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

The dogs, the dogs!!! Canaries in case it's not clear.

Though it was far from my favourite in the competition. I voted against it in all the early rounds as better flags lost. It's still the better of the two here. Nicer colours. And dogs.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Take the dogs away and you have the colours of the mighty Leeds United, so I have to go for that. Plus I like dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Since it's officially the flag of my latest fun fact, I have to vote for the Canaries. Did somebody mention the dogs? Dogs are great.

Tuscany looks like it could be the crest for a car logo or an insurance company, on a very bland and uninspiring background.

I'll vote for the Canary Islands. It's not an amazing flag but it's the better of the two on offer; more colourful and the the dogs are cute.

Tuscany - simple, classy, unique

I liked the Canary dogs until I saw that the actual dog is a magnificent beast. The cartoon labradors on the flag are an insult to the very animal they claim to venerate

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,293 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Veneto for me. Renaissance class.

Oooops I meant Tuscany

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Tuscany, to void out Zaph's love of dogs.

Plus, it's a cleaner design and the horse is cool.

But I wouldn't have had it as a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Tuscany colours a small bit reminiscent of the English and NI flags and also doesn't redeem itself by including some dogs.

Canaries on the other hand doesn't look like the English flag and has two dogs, so it wins for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Canaries.

Take the horse away and Tuscany has very little going on (even if it is one of my favourite places in the world)

Canaries - it has more character.

I liked the Canary dogs until I saw that the actual dog is a magnificent beast. The cartoon labradors on the flag are an insult to the very animal they claim to venerate

As opposed to the much more accurate representation of the famous Tuscan winged horse that the other flag has? :P

I was in Florence a couple of years ago, could barely enjoy the skyline with all those damn Pegasuses in the way.

It’s been a very close final but we do have a winner... With 58% of the vote you have chosen The Canary Islands as your Ultimate Champion of Western Europe!
    Flag_of_the_Canary_Islands_Canaries.gif

I was in Florence a couple of years ago, could barely enjoy the skyline with all those damn Pegasuses in the way.

* Pegasii

Fine work again Mackers, thanks for that :D

Not a bad winner :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

Thanks for all the work Mack. I enjoyed it.

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote: »
    * Pegasii

*Pegasodi

Advertisement