Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine rejecting a 600k house

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

the untermensch.

When you use such a disgusting term to describe fellow human beings I can safely dismiss everything you say as BS.
    Did you admire the lads in the Hugo Boss uniforms?
    At least the username fits.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭PeasantHater

When you use such a disgusting term to describe fellow human beings I can safely dismiss everything you say as BS.
    Did you admire the lads in the Hugo Boss uniforms?
    At least the username fits.

You can dismiss me all you want, won't change my opinion on pond scum, when you've witnessed this lot destroy areas and instill fear maybe then you will realise what a cancer on society they truly are.

These degenerates are the result of being dragged up by waster families, to suggest otherwise would be wholly moronic!!

Didn't like the uniforms, absolutely love the suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

The biggest issue is that government reckon rte is on the ball with the analysis and play to the bleeding heart brigade . Id love to see the day they cry their crocodile tears for the workers of this country!

The general population deserting ffg in their droves, arent as upset about the 10k homeless , as they are about several hundred thousand of them , being unable or robbed blind to put a roof over their heads...

Thats the real scandal. Not a mothetr showing up to a garda station and one night in the station to get your 4eva home. And of course they are right to do it, the system is so weak and such a struggle for many , youd be an idiotic martyr not to do it...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Idbatterim wrote: »
    The biggest issue is that government reckon rte is on the ball with the analysis and play to the bleeding heart brigade . Id love to see the day they cry their crocodile tears for the workers of this country!

The general population deserting ffg in their droves, arent as upset about the 10k homeless , as they are about several hundred thousand of them , being unable or robbed blind to put a roof over their heads...

Thats the real scandal. Not a mothetr showing up to a garda station and one night in the station to get your 4eva home. And of course they are right to do it, the system is so weak and such a struggle for many , youd be an idiotic martyr not to do it...

There is nowhere to go. There are no dissenting voices on the current approach within Irish politics. Low wage workers get ridden

• Registered Users Posts: 9,275 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Speaking of workers being ripped off does anyone ever question banking fees on current accounts that are strangely unique to this country?

KBC: deposit a min of €2000 a month to avoid charges
    AIB: maintain a balance of €2,500 each quarter to avoid charges
    UB: maintain a balance of €3,000 to avoid charges
    BOI: maintain a balance of €3,000 to avoid charges

This is basically a tax on being poor and I've never once heard PBP, SF or similar bring it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

cgcsb wrote: »
    Speaking of workers being ripped off does anyone ever question banking fees on current accounts that are strangely unique to this country?

This is basically a tax on being poor and I've never once heard PBP, SF or similar bring it up.

They do fall disproportionately on the poor, but charges like this are not unique to Ireland (in other countries, you are charged per ATM withdrawal). It should be noted though that provision of current account services to low-activity accounts does cost banks money.

https://www.thejournal.ie/opinion-poll-politics-2-5166225-Aug2020/

Sf will be largest party next time round , unless ffg do something about housing... which they wont.... too busy giving it away to many , instead of charging reasonable rents and using it to fund more social and affordable for others...

Prepared to lose a lot of support and seats , due to stiffing their own ex voters. But are such cowards , theyd rather do that than appear to charge the likes of margaret cash more rent. Pathetic here that rte are actually running the show , as the politicians are spineless wasters...

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭perfectkama

Next GE will see SF/IRA elected but we will probably be in another bailout with our large deficit and what ever the GP leaves us with.
    your favorite party would decimate the economy they are populist "tax the rich" who will be long gone with much of the FDI so don't see where they will get money to build forever homes for there main SW base

The system is open to so much abuse that some on benefits are laughing at the one who go to work and pay taxes and if you have saved and got a mortgage one of them could be living beside you

You are right with much or what you say. But the shift to sf is partly ex younger and youngish fg voters , not standing for being robbed blind for housing. Its a morally corrupt disgrace ...

Fg have done nothimg about it for years... what have they done about the outrageous system of the working poor, stuck , screwed themselveses for housing , so that others can have it for nothing ?

Your point is sf arent the solution, well ffg sure as hell arent either...

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭perfectkama

Its about wanting FREE housing people who can afford to pay high rents should be allowed some do so they don't live with SW tenants
    sf will give more entitlement to the wasters its there base apart from being run by a military council

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Free houses for all!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,467 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Who is going to pay for the running of these accounts? In the past the bank had your money and were happy with that, but interest rates are now basically zero so that is no use.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭jay1988

new2tri19 wrote: »
    There needs to be a cap on the amount of assistance one person or family can take from the state. The stories i'm hearing lately especially around autism and DCA payments for kids that are very mild seems to be the next thing.
    There is the genuine cases wth everythng but theres vast amount of people hoping on the bandwagon and we are becoming a welfare state the state that the middle class end up paying for. There needs to be more incentive to work and better yourself. As a low income worker myself and my wife have never claimed a penny, the irony is my wife could not afford to go away with her friend to New York last xmas. Her friend is a single mother works part time is getting HAP , DCA and god knows what else. She openly flaunts how much she gets off the state to the annoyance of my wife. I try not think about it but it is annoying.

DCA is not means tested and all depends on the needs of the child, so anybody regardless of income or anything can get it if they're entitled to it, so i'm not sure of its relevance here.

Also it can be very difficult to have approved for a lot of people.

the council prefers tiles and wood floors to carpets so often done fully throughout. The appliances they tend to stick mid range, paints are usually anti mould / easy clean more expensive plasticated paints. Overall the finish is usually quite good but as you said is done by the builder because it all has to be done. Social housing with an un mounted light fixture - that sounds like a claim when a kids eye accidentally ends up on an exposed wire etc...

The issue with giving council tenants these new A rated houses is going to come in to its own in a while, the heat recovery systems filters aren't designed for constant chain smoking , the costs of the A2W heat pump heating rockets in winter combined with a tenant likely on prepaid electricity thats going to be noticed quickly, especially since you're supposed to leave those on and let the thermostats do the work, not treat them like a boiler.

theres going to be a serious council maintenance schedule needed for these new homes and I doubt most will be allowing workmen in every 6 months to change filters and service heat pumps etc...

Seriously what is your problem? Is it poor people in general that you hate? The snobbery is unreal in every post you make on this matter, its disgraceful.

Come on, it's essentially free housing for a certain cohort in society, the money is given for 0 hours output and the "rent" is paid from this source (if they feel like paying it that is, please check Dublin City Council's report on unpaid rents).

Any time there's a thread like this, the assumption is that people are bashing EVERY council tenant and/or recipient of social welfare.

We are fed up with, and rightly so, the untermensch who make a career living off the state having never contributed anything other than VAT in their lives, sometimes through generations!!

You have "single" mothers who have basically become giant sets of walking ovaries in other to produce multiple kids to generate more state income and are usually neglected and end up becoming massive burdens on society (look at Darndale etc.) and the fathers are usually cut from the same rag.

The notion that these parasites are even offered these high value properties, let alone have the chance to turn them down is beyond a joke, council tenants who work and/or contribute to the tax take should only be offered in areas of choice, the aforementioned pond scum should be sent to hovels where they can't bother anyone but their own.

Apt username is apt.

Another peasant apologist coming out of the woodwork :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭timmy_mallet

Agreed, this is awful. It's not a direct attack on the poor though, I think more a nature of their priavte business. The motor tax is one in which the govt controls and yet disproportionately affects the poor as newer cars and EVs have lower taxation.

Agreed, this is awful. It's not a direct attack on the poor though, I think more a nature of their priavte business. The motor tax is one in which the govt controls and yet disproportionately affects the poor as newer cars and EVs have lower taxation.

Government does indeed regulate (when it suits) and to some extent control the banks.

The poor can't afford cars generally speaking. There's at least a positive reason for imposing heavier taxes on none environmentally friendly vehicles. There is no social or societal reason for imposing banking charges on the poor but not the rich.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Its about wanting FREE housing people who can afford to pay high rents should be allowed some do so they don't live with SW tenants
    sf will give more entitlement to the wasters its there base apart from being run by a military council

SF have never been in a position to give out free housing - the people doing that are the usual parties that are voted for.

Dont want people on low money to get free stuff? Stop voting for the parties that giveaway the free stuff in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

The state is engaging with private rental companies, individual landlords and build to rent developers. The state is supplying the tenants. It's big business. And costly to the tax payer.
    Developers are building on public land to give a percentage as social housing. The state is also buying new homes to use as social. This continues despite building our own to use as social being cheaper.

The electorate allow and cheer on these policies because 'foreva' homes or some ****e
    It's the tax payer cutting his nose to spite his face.
    Instead of the cheaper option of building to use as social housing we buy, rent and lease.
    And when anyone pipes up about this they get accused of pandering to people who want 'free houses'. The same people are being housed either way.
    Its complete idiocy lads. Cop on ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

You can dismiss me all you want, won't change my opinion on pond scum, when you've witnessed this lot destroy areas and instill fear maybe then you will realise what a cancer on society they truly are.

These degenerates are the result of being dragged up by waster families, to suggest otherwise would be wholly moronic!!

Didn't like the uniforms, absolutely love the suits.

I suppose you're a prize Rhodes scholar yourself. Your posts are a waste of bandwidth.

Anyone who actually sits down and creates an account with a username like yours must be suffering from a profound personality disorder. You won't last long on this site.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,406 ✭✭✭✭zell12

:confused::confused:
    It's not only Ireland, EU brought in basic no-fee accounts for those earning minimum wage
    https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/money_and_tax/personal_finance/banking/standard_bank_account.html

Bowie wrote: »
    The state is engaging with private rental companies, individual landlords and build to rent developers. The state is supplying the tenants. It's big business. And costly to the tax payer.
    Developers are building on public land to give a percentage as social housing. The state is also buying new homes to use as social. This continues despite building our own to use as social being cheaper.

The electorate allow and cheer on these policies because 'foreva' homes or some ****e
    It's the tax payer cutting his nose to spite his face.
    Instead of the cheaper option of building to use as social housing we buy, rent and lease.
    And when anyone pipes up about this they get accused of pandering to people who want 'free houses'. The same people are being housed either way.
    Its complete idiocy lads. Cop on ffs.

There are 17,000 households waiting to be homed in Dublin City, that number was in the hundreds in the 70s, you can't argue that this policy has the same result for the people who need the service, it does not. The privitisation of social housing (to HAP, buying units off developers that were given free or bargain land by the state and 'charities') has caused a massive backlog and has resulted in a system in which you have to be an unemployed female and able to produce offspring to use as bargaining chips in order to be homed. Long gone are the days when a childless couple or single man can expect to gain access to the system.

The justification for this is to avoid ghettoisation, but it's a weak argument to be honest. It's possible for the state to build social housing directly in small blocks located in larger private development areas, indeed afaik that is the model for the Player Wilson site, one patch of land will be for a social housing block and the rest private development.

zell12 wrote: »
    :confused::confused:
    It's not only Ireland, EU brought in basic no-fee accounts for those earning minimum wage
    https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/money_and_tax/personal_finance/banking/standard_bank_account.html

I wasn't aware it was in other countries, it's still a shocking travesty. According to that you can only get such an account if you are paid less than €19,240 a year. If you earn between €19,240 and €24,000 NET (KBC's min) a year you'll have to pay the charges.

Unless of course you use EBS or skip Irish banking entirely and get paid into Revolute of N26

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Best system of "social housing" was when local authorities rented new builds to people who eventually came to own them. Huge numbers of working people did that and it was a positive social asset and created one of biggest home ownerships in Europe. Wouldn't vote for FF in a blue fit, but it was one of their better initiatives.

That was before we had a sizeable underclass who just don't respond to incentives and think the rest of us are there for their benefit. That is largely generational. "Families" where no one has worked for three generations. They subsist on social welfare and petty crime.

When Thatcher gave people in local authority housing the option to buy, lots of people did and if area was getting bad they then had the means to get the fk out. That does create pockets of social degeneration, but that is the fault of the people who create it. It is certainly not the responsibility of decent people to stay in such places as part of some fantasy social engineering project advocated by people who wouldn't drive through such places, never mind live in them!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Ah now. The motor tax changes came in 12 years ago. There is abundant choice out there for cars with low tax.
    Fair enough, emissions figures are coming down every year, but the actual savings on tax are minuscule.

SF want the penalty of paying for motor tax by the quarter etc scrapped...

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭PeasantHater

Yurt! wrote: »
    I suppose you're a prize Rhodes scholar yourself. Your posts are a waste of bandwidth.

Anyone who actually sits down and creates an account with a username like yours must be suffering from a profound personality disorder. You won't last long on this site.

Not quite that standard, my masters degree is enough I suppose.

The username was created to trigger the scum apologists who cuck to the extreme on these topics, I'll last as long as I please and won't be told otherwise by someone named after a sh1t tent.

Profound personality disorder, nah. Mild autism, possibly.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Captcha

imme wrote: »
    Part V of the housing and planning act 2000
    I would imagine.

A nice mix of someone paying €3000 a month on a 25 year mortgage versus someone paying a rent of €40.

Welcome to Ireland indeed.

This is sick... To pay so much and have someone next door paying so little... Would it not bring conflict between these neighbours eventually? Perhaps serious conflict?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Captcha

Captcha wrote: »
    This is sick... To pay so much and have someone next door paying so little... Would it not bring conflict between these neighbours eventually? Perhaps serious conflict?

On top of that, imagine going out to work every day to pay your massive mortgage and interest rates, barely having much left over each month... Then watching someone is the same beautiful new house, doing absolutely f all with their life/time and sitting out in the sun watching you head off to the rat race after getting theirs for f all from government... Totally unjust. I would f ing hate my neighbours if this was the case

Advertisement