Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine rejecting a 600k house

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

This

A thousand times

Same people also say an apartment isn't a real family home even though the rest of the world would agree they are. So because Sheila from Kevin Street doesn't agree an apartment isn't a family home it should mean no apartments for anyone.
    What about our skyline too it could hinder their view of the city as they lie in bed at 2pm thinking there is conspiracy out to get them.

Family home apartments in other countries tend to be a lot bigger, often with lock ups included. You can't compare Irish apartments to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭timmy_mallet

Family home apartments in other countries tend to be a lot bigger, often with lock ups included. You can't compare Irish apartments to them.

Exactly.

I once viewed an apartment to rent in a well know south dublin industrial estate. "Does it come with parking space?" I asked the agent. "Yes, it's in the other (500m away) block"... "so I have to go through the lifts there with my shopping, walk 500m and walk across here and get in lifts etc"... *tumbleweed* and a stare... that was the end of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭RCSATELLITES

Is there a course I can do on how to pretend I am poor and scam the system. Here's me working, buying 3 properties with all my saved money and I could of got one for free in Portmarnock. Here's me living in Mullingar all that way from my family and I could of got one next door for free. Stupid me.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Horsebox9000

Mad idea but how about we build some then ?

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Horsebox9000

Mad idea but how about we build some then ?

Oh wait it would be rejected by the very people who need then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Is there a course I can do on how to pretend I am poor and scam the system. Here's me working, buying 3 properties with all my saved money and I could of got one for free in Portmarnock. Here's me living in Mullingar all that way from my family and I could of got one next door for free. Stupid me.

With the free housing , the issue now is how long youd he on the waiting list. It certainly stacks up from an economics perspective many peoplw would be far better off taking pay cuts and getting the free housing overall....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

So move people living in social housing within the M50 out to other areas? Even if generations of the same family have lived in that area? Seems like the real estate/economic version of ethnic cleansing.
    MFPM wrote: »
    How do propose to carry through this feat of social engineering, should we copy the methods of the Chinese regime in reverse, instead of clearing villages and forcing people into cities for cheap labour, we tell people who are unemployed to f@ck off out of the city and move somewhere else?

Daft rhetoric...

Both of my parents' families had lived in their respective home places down the country for several generations; there were not many jobs in either place, so they had to move to Dublin to make lives for themselves.

There were no jobs in Dublin when I was young, so I had to move to a different country altogether to make a go of it - it was ever thus.

It is completely inequitable that people who have never worked are living within 1km from Stephen's Green, while the working people that pay for them are having to spend hours commuting every weekday - where were the howls to indignation about 'ethnic cleansing' and allusions to communist China when RCSATELLITES had to move out of Dublin (I'm assuming here) to live in the Midlands?

Agreed. My apartment abroad is very similar in size to many houses you'd find in Dublin. The advantage of building up is that there's less apartments per floor (only two apartments on my floor), more actual space available. The Irish perception of apartments is stuck in the 60s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

new2tri19 wrote: »
    Why are we housing unemployed people in Dublin, no problem with social housing but if your unemployed you should be housed down the country where space isin't at a premium. I don't buy the close to family argument either you have all day to travel and see them if you are unemployed.

Yep all the jobs and amenities are in Borris-in-Ossory.
    How about stop selling public land we already own to private developers?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭collywobble7

MFPM wrote:
    You're well aware of the point being made, FFS.

I am and it's based on flawed logic. Unless you have purchased a house it's not yours. It's the states and the state should utilise it to the best of it's ability to house those most in need. If you want a house buy one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭collywobble7

maccored wrote:
    whos fault is that? the 'losers' or the people who vote in the governments that give it away? I say the latter.

The losers. Anyone with a ounce of pride is out working to better themselves. Some amount of useless clowns in this country and it's only getting worse

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Exactly. Discriminate against the poor.

Well now we seem to discriminate vs the working poor

• Registered Users Posts: 4,870 ✭✭✭malinheader

Well now we seem to discriminate vs the working poor

Very true statement. Working poor forgotten about. Don't want to work and will never work poor well looked after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

maccored wrote: »
    whos fault is that? the 'losers' or the people who vote in the governments that give it away? I say the latter.

The ‘losers’ vote SF. Despite ‘winning the election’ they are not in government. Some of them vote PBP/Solidarity/AA/Rise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭ChelseaRentBoy

Idbatterim wrote: »
    With the free housing , the issue now is how long youd he on the waiting list. It certainly stacks up from an economics perspective many peoplw would be far better off taking pay cuts and getting the free housing overall....

What free housing?

The ‘losers’ vote SF. Despite ‘winning the election’ they are not in government. Some of them vote PBP/Solidarity/AA/Rise.

The losers also vote fg , who have done nothing but try to empoverish many of their voters further ,through outrageous housing costs , while giving it away to others who would never vote for them...

What free housing?

The one where rent is optional and if paid, often paid with by the free money they are given by the state every week. Its so ridiculously cheap , thats in an insult to people paying market rent , not to call it free!

Oh how I missed the free house) dole bashing threads. Things getting back to normal on Boards.

It's a boards staple tbh. Discrimination against those unfortunate enough to be on the dole or in social housing. Good sign of a coward when they always punching downwards.

The one where rent is optional and if paid, often paid with by the free money they are given by the state every week. Its so ridiculously cheap , thats in an insult to people paying market rent , not to call it free!

But you just said yourself someone could decide to go on reduced wages so they aren't getting it free, it's paid on percentage of their wages.

Thanks for correcting yourself.

It's a boards staple tbh. Discrimination against those unfortunate enough to be on the dole or in social housing. Good sign of a coward when they always punching downwards.

Unfortunate enough to be in social housing ? Versus what ? The working poor paying out over half their wages on rent in some cases to pay for their own housing and those in social housing ?

Chelsea , you think its ok that some people get collossal state subsidisation and others dont. Its laughable. Many getting property for nothing and their neighbours actually contributing to the system being fleeced...

• Advertisement

Unfortunate enough to be in social housing ? Versus what ? The working poor paying out over half their wages on rent in some cases to pay for their own housing and those in social housing ?

Yeah but not free. You need to be accurate man.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Yeah but not free. You need to be accurate man.

If i give a child a euro and tell it to buy a mars bar , who paid for the mars bar ?

If i give a child a euro and tell it to buy a mars bar , who paid for the mars bar ?

Sorry Eric this thread isn't about food.

Bless.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,275 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Nobody because it's been some time since a mars bar cost less than €1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I think a more accurate way would be if I give a child a euro to buy a Mars bar from me, the child refuses to pay and gets the Mars bar anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I think a more accurate way would be if I give a child a euro to buy a Mars bar from me, the child refuses to pay and gets the Mars bar anyway.

and then buys a can of linden village cider instead :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭PeasantHater

What free housing?

Come on, it's essentially free housing for a certain cohort in society, the money is given for 0 hours output and the "rent" is paid from this source (if they feel like paying it that is, please check Dublin City Council's report on unpaid rents).

Any time there's a thread like this, the assumption is that people are bashing EVERY council tenant and/or recipient of social welfare.

We are fed up with, and rightly so, the untermensch who make a career living off the state having never contributed anything other than VAT in their lives, sometimes through generations!!

You have "single" mothers who have basically become giant sets of walking ovaries in other to produce multiple kids to generate more state income and are usually neglected and end up becoming massive burdens on society (look at Darndale etc.) and the fathers are usually cut from the same rag.

The notion that these parasites are even offered these high value properties, let alone have the chance to turn them down is beyond a joke, council tenants who work and/or contribute to the tax take should only be offered in areas of choice, the aforementioned pond scum should be sent to hovels where they can't bother anyone but their own.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-30977430.html

Take a read of that ! Protesting over a 3 euro week increase in social housing rents. On the private market , you could easily have rent increase of over one hundred times that figure!

They complain about e3 a week and when welfare " only " increased by e5 week, its branded an insult :rolleyes:

There is no way any current parties here will address the issues. Youd need a new totally "radical one" , that would actually represent those paying for everything and not be ashamed for it !

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/cost-of-building-three-bedroom-dublin-home-jumps-by-41000-in-four-years-1012719.html

More comedy here! 41,000 sure its only about double that when you factor in the mortgage interest!

No military expenditure , a very small elderly population. Appalling infrastructure , health system etc... two recent economic booms later, rip off housing is the only legacy of the coalition of failure, oh and nice pay and pensions for themselves of course....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭timmy_mallet

Chelsea , you think its ok that some people get collossal state subsidisation and others dont. Its laughable. Many getting property for nothing and their neighbours actually contributing to the system being fleeced...

Literally in new housing developments you will have a next door neighbour unemployed living on full state subsidies while the other leaves their home with a large commute to be able to pay for their own mortgage and contribute to the other.

Quite what the alternative is, though, is the question.

Advertisement