Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2020 - British Grand Prix

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

antodeco wrote: »
    God, Bottas really is such a submissive driver. It's actually horrible

Aye he could have kept his car in there, instead he lifted!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭CFlat

Can't see how that's Albion's fault. Plenty of room for 2 cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,504 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I must say that the Channel 4 commentators always do a good job of trying to make the race sound exciting.

I used to like Bottas but he is really boring me now.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭weekaizer

Literally bottases best change of winning this race and he couldn’t even be bothered to put up a fight... absolute waste of a competitive seat.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Even when the safety car is out, a Mercedes is still in front (but at least it's not Hamilton!) :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,759 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Magnusson launched his car off the kerb on the corner previous to the collision, Albon lucky his car is fine it seems - it was a fair old whack.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭quokula

weekaizer wrote: »
    Literally bottases best change of winning this race and he couldn’t even be bothered to put up a fight... absolute waste of a competitive seat.

It’s not a competitive seat. He was specifically hired not to compete with Hamilton, this has been as plain as day since the day he joined the team and still journalists and commentators pretend he’s going to be some kind of challenger each year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Coulthard blaming Albon there. He defended Hamilton in Austria for very similar incident

the re so biased its sickening

Ms

One racing point in the car lol

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,296 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Well done Stroll for overtaking Ocon. Great racing.

• Advertisement

quokula wrote: »
    It’s not a competitive seat. He was specifically hired not to compete with Hamilton, this has been as plain as day since the day he joined the team and still journalists and commentators pretend he’s going to be some kind of challenger each year.

It is a competitive seat. Literally the only other seat capable of putting it upto Hamilton. Any other driver with a streak of self respect would attempt to send one up the inside on that occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭Harika

So what are you up today?

Big off for kvyat

Is that the third wheel to come clean off a car this year?

Edit: just the tyre on this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭d8491prj5boyvg

This is shaping up to be an absolute turd of a race.

Jaysus. Kvyat had a massive crash there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Jaysus, big crash for Dani K!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

The tyres seem to be coming off on impact more this year.

Don’t like to see that.

Kvyat pushing the camera away there, didnt like the cameraman putin it in his face.

Grosjean is 5th so far after not pitting.

• Advertisement
    Ms

This is shaping up to be an absolute turd of a race.

At the front I agree but at least thereis things happening behind them and who knows Lewis already had one spin this weekend so you never know.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I'm hoping the hard go off early and they need to stop again. Still looking like Hamilton's race.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭quokula

weekaizer wrote: »
    It is a competitive seat. Literally the only other seat capable of putting it upto Hamilton. Any other driver with a streak of self respect would attempt to send one up the inside on that occasion.

And that’s why Mercedes refuse to hire any other driver and keep renewing Bottas’ contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭CFlat

Giving the cameraman a tune up! Love Mark Webber's expressions.

I feel a lot of sympathy for Vettel in attempting to fix his own car during the FP3 & qualifying sessions from yesterday. It really feels like you are literally in the worst place you can be when dealing with that situation. If a F1 driver was seen to be doing that to his car; the fans of these drivers would probably be asking a lot of questions why it had to happen in the first place. The fans would initially be thinking "Hang on a second. Why would a F1 driver be given the authority to fix his own car in his team's garage? I thought all of the F1 mechanics would be regarded as the best of the best in the motorsport industry."

That sort of recognition of having the authority of fixing the car is definitely deserved for the RB mechanics after fixing Verstappen's car before the start of Hungary's F1 race last weekend. But not for the mechanics from Ferrari during this weekend? Something is pretty wrong there IMO.

Just on RP. I am actually gutted for Hulkenberg not having the opportunity to race today. He is doing a pit lane start according to F1's starting grid but I supposed to happen today. It is a headwrecker for his confidence for travelling over to the UK over the weekend.

As I've said elsewhere, in the last 40 years, that's 4 decades, Ferrari have won the title with the best driver ever and then one more the year after he left. They're a jokeshop organisation.

Should send Lewis out in the safety car, bet he doesn't want a faster driver in the other merc.

Ms

Well this race will not be finished on 1hour and 20mins anyway. I would say add another 20mins at least.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

For all the gushing about the magnificent British marshals is there a shortage of them this year or something?

The SC is nearly over now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Away they go

Advertisement