Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

eusap wrote: »
    Some news items suggest its a Take Away, but no names given

6 staff tested positive. I removed the name for employee privacy. But its a takeaway in Naas alright

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭gar

Any reccommendations for bathroom fitouts?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Roosterreid

Anyone know anything about the 3 planes circling Naas / Johnstown / Kill area today? Wednesday 4pm

• Registered Users Posts: 17,788 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Anyone know anything about the 3 planes circling Naas / Johnstown / Kill area today? Wednesday 4pm

I know they're a pain in the hole when you have a sleeping baby :mad:

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

......... and i heard aldi opening offices in millenium park. good to see Naas doing well. ...........
    BuzzFish wrote: »
    Aldi is going into Birch House which was used by Kerry group up to about a year ago.

I imagine they are simply moving staff from their premises adjacent to Audi Naas to the old Kerry Group office, no mention of new jobs etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Reports of a drone flying over the Caragh area this morning honing in on homes with dogs/kennels.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

anyone know if parts of the canal in naas are closed to traffic this sunday. i heard a few people mention it but i cant see anything offical.

on the covid 19 issue above, i know you all know to be careful, but if someone names somewhere in naas as an outbreak on this forum, they might find themselves the subject to defamation/libel proceedings. especially if that business suffers because of rumours. just a friendly caution.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Anatom

anyone know if parts of the canal in naas are closed to traffic this sunday. i heard a few people mention it but i cant see anything offical.

on the covid 19 issue above, i know you all know to be careful, but if someone names somewhere in naas as an outbreak on this forum, they might find themselves the subject to defamation/libel proceedings. especially if that business suffers because of rumours. just a friendly caution.

To be fair, there was a production facility in Naas named yesterday on Kildare Now. That is probably the one.

No idea about the canal closures, but there are so many things going on around here at the moment, between broadband upgrades, water pipe repairs, road repairs etc., its hard to keep up!

Anatom wrote: »
    To be fair, there was a production facility in Naas named yesterday on Kildare Now. That is probably the one.

No idea about the canal closures, but there are so many things going on around here at the moment, between broadband upgrades, water pipe repairs, road repairs etc., its hard to keep up!

thanks Anatom. nice username by the way.

Any recommendations for catering?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Any recommendations for catering?

yeah great guy in Naas. used him before for a BBQ.

https://markcoffeycatering.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Bbnaas

Anatom wrote: »

Closing to traffic on Sunday's for next few months
    http://kildare.ie/CountyCouncil/PressReleasesAdverts/TemporaryRoadClosure-NoticeofDecision-L6006CanalRoadNaas.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,072 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Boran Packaging have permission up for permission for a new building in Millennium business park.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

that place is gone to the dogs

is there any truth to the story that the positive cases in the Newbridge provision centre with this factory?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭GavMan

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    that place is gone to the dogs

is there any truth to the story that the positive cases in the Newbridge provision centre with this factory?

https://www.hotpress.com/culture/ten-asylum-seekers-in-newbridge-test-positive-for-coronavirus-22823866

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 68,063 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I didn't think asylum seekers were allowed work.

They can in certain circumstances. Also some people with refugee status remain in DP until they can obtain housing elsewhere

I see the travellers are back illegally on the ring road. Will be interesting to see how quickly if at all the Guards act.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭hognef

I see the travellers are back illegally on the ring road. Will be interesting to see how quickly if at all the Guards act.

Two caravans parked up along the access road to Newhall Retail Park (B&Q, Halfords, et al) too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭anewme

hognef wrote: »
    Two caravans parked up along the access road to Newhall Retail Park (B&Q, Halfords, et al) too.

There was only one there last week.

Need to be moved pronto.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

I didn't think asylum seekers were allowed work.

Yes they can and many of them do.

A portion of their earnings goes towards the costs of where they stay and of course they don't get the weekly allowance.

https://www.thejournal.ie/asylum-seeker-working-4095315-Jun2018/

I thought they'd all been moved into Elsmore. Either they've been kicked out or they're a new crew.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Anyone with issues with Virgin Broadband today?

Been crap last 2 days at least

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Anyone with issues with Virgin Broadband today?

Been crap last 2 days at least

Pure dirt all day. Contract is up next month thankfully

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,072 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Same. A bit better today, will probably see a van out there tomorrow fixing it, so not too worried.

playing havoc with my smart devices...nothings working automatically

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Same. Having awful trouble with it last few days. Making work difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Have found Vodafone siro consistent if you’re looking for an alternative

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Have found Vodafone siro consistent if you’re looking for an alternative

Siro is the only way!!

all the vendors have it, i use vodafone, but in hindsight i'd probably rather Sky tv.

My kid was looking for a game when we were in nearby west wicklow, watching it go from 1% to 2% slowly and i said feck this! hopped in the car and went back to the house in naas .......1 min download :) (plus 25 mins driving) would have been 5 hours on the wicklow line :)

Advertisement