Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currently buying/selling a house? How is it going? READ MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

bulmersgal wrote: »
    Thanks bidded and went over my max I wanted to bid for that property. Viewing a few more over the course of the week where I have more wiggle room for bidding they 15k below the max I have. So hopefully something is right.

The market is very slow for my price range so I understand why people are jumping on good property. I just need to keep saving and something will come up.

Best of luck

Selling mine at the moment and interested in a house currently in probate. Could be looking at 4-6 months before that goes through ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

Selling mine at the moment and interested in a house currently in probate. Could be looking at 4-6 months before that goes through ?

Most likely yes. In our case house was in probate and also had to apply for retention permission for the old extension (probably an issue for a lot of probate houses). In total it took 9 mo from Sale Agreed to keys in hand.

Some people will probably tell you they got their probate done in 6 weeks, but I wouldn't hold your breath. Also make sure that the probate application has actually been submitted, you might be surprised...

Most likely yes. In our case house was in probate and also had to apply for retention permission for the old extension (probably an issue for a lot of probate houses). In total it took 9 mo from Sale Agreed to keys in hand.

Some people will probably tell you they got their probate done in 6 weeks, but I wouldn't hold your breath. Also make sure that the probate application has actually been submitted, you might be surprised...

Thanks . I was told by the EA that there wont be an issue with probate as its straightforward. They were always going to say that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,401 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Thanks . I was told by the EA that there wont be an issue with probate as its straightforward. They were always going to say that though.

Probate is rarely "straightforward" in the time sense and the EA wouldn't have a dickybird around the ins and outs of each specific case.

• Advertisement

kippy wrote: »
    Probate is rarely "straightforward" in the time sense and the EA wouldn't have a dickybird around the ins and outs of each specific case.

Yeah i know. Its hard to predict how quick to sell my own. Don't want a buyer waiting for months either. Might move in with the folks for a while

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Received contracts, closing date is next month. I went sale agreed July 19th, so this is moving way faster than I thought it would!

Just waiting on the bank to confirm everything, shouldn't be any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Salanky

Survey done and dusted and nothing major on it. There is a small superficial crack in the chimney which needs a builder to have a look at and need to get a sparky in to check the electrics. Surveyor was happy with the place considering it is over 120 years old. He said hes done surveys on newer houses and found more issues than with this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Yeah i know. Its hard to predict how quick to sell my own. Don't want a buyer waiting for months either. Might move in with the folks for a while

Ours was straight forward, still took 3 months before they told us it was all in order, said it will take another 3 weeks for the documentation or whatever to go through, in week 2 of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cubatahavana

So, we had a look last week at a new build and we liked it. It’s within our price range too. We wanted to place deposit on it, but the EA wanted proof of funds. Didn’t have yet the AIP and asked if a letter from our broker would suffice. He said yes and I gave him the letter last Friday. He said he’ll check with builder and get back to us. So far nothing. I know builders are on holidays, but I’m sure the main guy would be looking at emails regarding potential sales.

Thoughts? I sent him an email yesterday (EA) and he said he’s still waiting for the reply from the builder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

So, we had a look last week at a new build and we liked it. It’s within our price range too. We wanted to place deposit on it, but the EA wanted proof of funds. Didn’t have yet the AIP and asked if a letter from our broker would suffice. He said yes and I gave him the letter last Friday. He said he’ll check with builder and get back to us. So far nothing. I know builders are on holidays, but I’m sure the main guy would be looking at emails regarding potential sales.

Thoughts? I sent him an email yesterday (EA) and he said he’s still waiting for the reply from the builder.

"Hurry up and wait" is a concept you'll get used to in house purchasing, though to be fair usually a new build for a FTB is a lot smoother.

Chase him tomorrow sure.

Nijmegen wrote: »
    "Hurry up and wait" is a concept you'll get used to in house purchasing, though to be fair usually a new build for a FTB is a lot smoother.

Chase him tomorrow sure.

Thanks, I just thought it would be a faster process for the builder to agree to accept our deposit.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

That syncs with what I heard from EBS today - a lot less approvals, but when they're going through they're doing it with a fine tooth comb. I had to provide my company's most recent financial details cause it's traded on stock markets. Fortunately we're fine, but they were going through everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Jasna1982

That syncs with what I heard from EBS today - a lot less approvals, but when they're going through they're doing it with a fine tooth comb. I had to provide my company's most recent financial details cause it's traded on stock markets. Fortunately we're fine, but they were going through everything.

Did they happen to mention if they were still doing exceptions?

Use my Tesla referral link for free charging credits: https://www.tesla.com/referral/jasna121868

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Monitor1985

We're sale agreed on a property at the moment and awaiting a valuation report, we currently have 21.6% deposit, my question is, what happens if the valuation comes in €5,000 or even €7,000 under the sale agreed price?

Will the bank still offer us the same amount originally, or lower their offer?

Sale agreed price is €155,000,mortgage amount €121,500.

Jasna1982 wrote: »

I didn't ask as I don't need one, I'm borrowing 20k less than my approved amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

We're sale agreed on a property at the moment and awaiting a valuation report, we currently have 21.6% deposit, my question is, what happens if the valuation comes in €5,000 or even €7,000 under the sale agreed price?

Will the bank still offer us the same amount originally, or lower their offer?

Sale agreed price is €155,000,mortgage amount €121,500.

I'd say it will depend.

Generally they won't offer a mortgage if the price doesn't match the valuation.

limnam wrote: »
    I'd say it will depend.

Generally they won't offer a mortgage if the price doesn't match the valuation.

Is the price the mortgage amount or the sale agreed price?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

Is the price the mortgage amount or the sale agreed price?

The valuation vs the cost to purchase.

Different banks may have some level of variation.

I wouldn't worry too much about it until the valuation comes back. There's not much you can do about it anyway.

Is there particular reason you think it won't reach the agreed price?

limnam wrote: »
    The valuation vs the cost to purchase.

Different banks may have some level of variation.

I wouldn't worry too much about it until the valuation comes back. There's not much you can do about it anyway.

Is there particular reason you think it won't reach the agreed price?

Just nerves is all, everything that could go wrong is in the forefront of my mind at the moment, things are taking forever and I'm just worried.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Smiley11

Jasna1982 wrote: »

Our broker said there won't be any exceptions for the next couple of months but I've heard it could be longer. Very hard to predict at the moment I'd say as the banks are being so cautious.

Property advertised this morning and already people interested in it. 2 viewing blocks booked for next week. I am quite optimistic. Has this been similar to other people’s experience? I suppose there’s always more interest the first couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭tropple

2 houses on my street have sold in the past month, another has just gone sale agreed (central Dublin). Was fairly surprised as the asking prices seemed relatively high.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭RANIA

Galway here, house up in daft yesterday, 18 viewings booked within the hour. Not enough houses too many buyers, we have lost another bidding war to deep pockets, getting frustrating as we are chain free

RANIA wrote: »
    Galway here, house up in daft yesterday, 18 viewings booked within the hour. Not enough houses too many buyers, we have lost another bidding war to deep pockets, getting frustrating as we are chain free

That's good news for you. Hopefully they will offer what you want

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭sparkledrum

Anyone buying or selling in Cork? I'm almost there. Hopefully photos will be taken on Tuesday and then up shortly after that

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭RANIA

That's good news for you. Hopefully they will offer what you want

No I'm a buyer sorry I was unclear

RANIA wrote: »
    No I'm a buyer sorry I was unclear

It sucks then, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Smiley11

Anyone buying or selling in Cork? I'm almost there. Hopefully photos will be taken on Tuesday and then up shortly after that

We're trying to buy in the city. Chain free but very little coming on the market that interests us. Have an offer in nearly 2 weeks & have heard nothing since. I thought the EA might have tried to get us to bid up by now..he said he was expecting another bid shortly after ours but nothing yet..that we know of! House is on about 6 weeks & he said viewings were "very busy" but I pass the house regularly & the blinds aren't moving...stalker-y I know!

Seems to be a good few coming onto the market across the board though. Looks like a lot of landlords are giving up. Good luck with your sale!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

I had a given up for a while but it looks like I might be able to buy the place I am buying after all. A €800 piece of paper was produced by a barrister that put the show back on the road and the boundaries are apparently being sorted slowly but surely. At this rate I might have it after Christmas if I'm lucky

Advertisement