Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reports of rape and child abuse during lockdown

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,152 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

this makes no sense. People are bored during the lockdown so they are turning to ritual sex abuse to pass the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,659 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Wtf? Are the rape crisis network pushing conspiracy theories now or are we to take this seriously?

It’s not a report meant for the public at all, it’s basically another pitch for more Government funding is all -

The report warns it is likely that the increased demand for counselling services will continue, and says there is evidence of “suppressed need which is yet to emerge”. The pressure would “stretch the resources of the sector” and additional funding would be needed in the Government’s next budget, it added.

At this rate with Ms. Saidlear at the helm, I wouldn’t be surprised what the RCNI would come out with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

I have a rule that works well: When the mainstream media tells me something, I assume the opposite is true, and I work from there.

I have a similar rule whereby I completely ignore anybody who is dumb enough to use phrases like "Mainstream media". Works like a charm.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,435 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

It's victims of past rape and abuse that have been contacting them more, as they lost many coping strategies and supports during the restrictions. In an interview at lunchtime they said it was not an increase in new cases but rather people making contact again as they needed somebody to talk to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

I have a similar rule whereby I completely ignore anybody who is dumb enough to use phrases like "Mainstream media". Works like a charm.
    Yet you didn't completely ignore me. What an absolute moron you are!

Advertisement