Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

F1 2020: Hungarian GP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,684 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Brilliant F2 sprint race. Tyres dropping off forcing pit stops, and some chancing their arm to go to the end without stopping. Worth a watch if it's on replay later.

I wonder if the tyre Deg will be similar in F1 today.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

astrofluff wrote: »
    Brilliant F2 sprint race. Tyres dropping off forcing pit stops, and some chancing their arm to go to the end without stopping. Worth a watch if it's on replay later.

I'm predicting a Lewis win with a one stopper. (Unless we get rain)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

astrofluff wrote: »

I wouldn't get your hopes up. They still use the old Pirelli compounds in F2, the F1 tyres are revised compounds that have less degradation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭tipp_tipp_tipp

Lot of showers in the Budapest area throughout the day. Hopefully we get a bit of rain and a Perez victory :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

That's famously not what red bull do.

I think max might be the fastest driver at the moment. He'd make anyone look slow. But that's Albon's problem as the team is looking at him losing a second a lap to max in the race and they know they can get loads more out of the car and ultimately more points than Albon can get

I haven't written off Seb moving to Red Bull.

Yeah fastest or not, that's not how modern F1 works - these guys are all at the top of their game. On the single lap, there simply CAN'T be 1 second difference between any two of them, unless we're talking some absolute trainwreck paydriver on the level of Rosset or Inoue.

What makes the difference is race pace and management - typical example, Bottas vs Hamilton. They're there on the single lap, sometimes Valterri is ahead even. In the span of a race however, unless Hamilton has "one of these days", it's usually not even a competition.

When you get guys like Gasly or Albon, who have accomplished lower formulae track records and have shown to be skilled drivers in other cars (Gasly got a 4th and a 2nd place with Toro Rosso), get into a competitive car and do worse than they used to in a midfield one, something is wrong with the team - be it a setup issue, a design problem (e.g. car too adapted to one of the drivers) or a support/political matter, something is not ideal.

Sure Albon needs to "pull his weight", but Red Bull aren't completely blameless. They risk burning a young driver after another if they keep these shenanigans.

Vettel rejoining them would be an interesting prospect - it's no mystery that a lot of people in the team still have a good relationship with Seb. I wonder how much his presence could upset the "Verstappen cart", especially after the hype factor of the "youngest WDC in history" in gone after this season.

skipper_G wrote: »
    I wouldn't get your hopes up. They still use the old Pirelli compounds in F2, the F1 tyres are revised compounds that have less degradation

Also, adding, the F2 cars have the awful gigantic wheel rims, which tend to increase the stress on the tires quite a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,547 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

H3llR4iser wrote: »

Sure Albon needs to "pull his weight", but Red Bull aren't completely blameless. They risk burning a young driver after another if they keep these shenanigans.

Red bull does that though they consistently burn drivers. They'd want drivers like Max or GTFO. They have prompted and demoted drivers between the teams which shows they perform better at TR and worse at RB.

I think you're dead right and there's something wrong with the RB team in how they treat drivers. They discussed it in the chequered flag post quali podcast

Raining again at the track

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭weisses

I'm predicting a Lewis win with a one stopper. (Unless we get rain)

Dunno .. tyre deg could be an issue if it stays dry

weisses wrote: »
    Dunno .. tyre deg could be an issue if it stays dry

Just seen the weather there. Forget the one stop :pac:
    Still think Lewis will win. Just seems to love this track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Just seen the weather there. Forget the one stop :pac:
    Still think Lewis will win. Just seems to love this track.

It was the track in which he scored his first Mercedes victory in 2013, their only victory all season.

• Advertisement

Johnny Herbert asking Latifi to speak a few words in his own language :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,547 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Johnny Herbert asking Latifi to speak a few words in his own language :)

Is he from French Canada?

Just checked an he's from Montreal which is in Quebec (the French part) . So its a fair question. He might not be a French speaker but it's a fair question.

Is he from French Canada?

Just checked an he's from Montreal which is in Quebec (the French part) . So its a fair question. He might not be a French speaker but it's a fair question.

No he asked him to say a few French words but he doesn't speak it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Also of note, I fear Mercedes to take another record this year, that of McLaren from 1988.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,297 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Harika wrote: »
    +100 million into the budget. Not sure how m:)uch Alfa does

Exactly. They could do a lot with that extra 100million that is assuming of course that Honda still do that. I with say with Alfa maybe it's just free or reduced cost engines..still if the engine is the slowest on the track now maybe it's time for them to start looking at there options and becoming Sauber-Honda maybe.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Verstappen bins it on the way to the grid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Well that's embarrassing.

Max ....... wtf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Verstappen bins it on the way to the grid!

Hahahahahahahah!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Front left locking going into that corner, could be game over

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

He’s not going to start.

Max out already

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Verstappen WTF

Just before he crashed he was also attacking the kerbs.......... on the ****ing outlap in the rain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Was he going off the racing line to find grip that he lost it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Probably the best chance of a decent race gone with that after happening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Max has done the steering or the wishbone, game over I think.

• Advertisement

A ridiculously aggressive out lap in those conditions.

Utter stupidity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,082 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

If that happened before race start then this is going to be a very interesting race

That will be amazing if they can fix that before the start. Track looked like an ice ring, he barely slowed at all going over the run off area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭weisses

The suggestion that RB are unable or unwilling to put out two evenly competing cars on the grid is ridiculous IMHO, sure they want max to be dwc but winning the constructors championship is almost equally as important, don't forget that a teammate who is just as quick as max would benefit him as well... Bottas and Hamilton push each other which results in both of them performing better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Nice to see the old Max making an appearance

• Advertisement

Was he going off the racing line to find grip that he lost it?

Nope, got greedy on the brakes into turn 12 and locked his front left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Nope, got greedy on the brakes into turn 12 and locked his front left

He must have just been aggressive with the car since he’s not happy with it

Will they kick Albon out of his car and put Max in it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Are we gonna have this end racism nonsense every week ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Mechanics trying to change the broke steering arm on the grid, Verstappen could start yet

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Tzardine wrote: »

Hopefully until everyone gets the message.

Is Max out?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

TheDoctor wrote: »
    A ridiculously aggressive out lap in those conditions.

Utter stupidity

IDK I saw snapshot of all the other drivers. The are all trying to get a feel of the track, how hard they can push on lap 1 etc. You wont get a chance to do it in formation. But the RB looks seriously **** and unstable. It was only a very brief lockup. The Alfas were doing the same thing and the car was under control. Says a lot about that RB this weekend.

Mclaren podium looks good vs the Ferraris. RP do not look good in damp conditions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

The fact you think its nonsense shows its still needed

If they get that car ready in time fair f**ks

No he asked him to say a few French words but he doesn't speak it.

That's weird, usually French speakers lie about not being able to speak English.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    The fact you think its nonsense shows its still needed

Obviously there is no place for racism today - that is clear.

But I find this cringey and unnecessary - I dont know that it is actually achieving anything.

Anyway - on with the race - think it will be a good one.

• Advertisement

IDK I saw snapshot of all the other drivers. The are all trying to get a feel of the track, how hard they can push on lap 1 etc. You wont get a chance to do it in formation. But the RB looks seriously **** and unstable. It was only a very brief lockup. The Alfas were doing the same thing and the car was under control. Says a lot about that RB this weekend.

Mclaren podium looks good vs the Ferraris. RP do not look good in damp conditions.

Also a clip of him bouncing over the kerbs at the chicane a few corners before he crashed.

Brainless driving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

No real rain on the horizon so this should turn into a dry race.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

It looks like they have the car ready for Max. Fair play to them. That is impressive.

Damn I missed the max blunder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭recyclebin

If Max gets going will he not be penalised for working on the car?

No safety car start!? :pac:

Might be a false bit of excitement when someone pits for slicks before Merc do than it'll be as you were.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Obviously there is no place for racism today - that is clear.

But I find this cringey and unnecessary - I dont know that it is actually achieving anything.

Anyway - on with the race - think it will be a good one.

Standing in solidarity with the only black driver on the grid, who only two weeks ago on this very forum was referred to as ‘Black Jesus’ in an attempt to demean him, is ‘cringey and unnecessary’?

You have proved that it’s absolutely necessary to remind people like you of the privileged life you lead.

recyclebin wrote: »
    If Max gets going will he not be penalised for working on the car?

No they got it done before it was time to clear the grid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

There will be a host of very early pit stops to change to the slicks.

• Advertisement

How many laps of inters? 5?

Advertisement