Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week? Episode 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Have a lervig cheap breakfast waiting for me this evening. Really looking forward to it.

Are you sure your not a meal behind yourself!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

OOnegative wrote: »
    Are you sure your not a meal behind yourself!!

😂😂😂
    It wasn't meant to be unfortunately, the peanut Butter brownies for the accompaniment went all wrong so I had white hags 'fionn' dipa instead.
    It wasn't great, fruit flavours were too thin to balance the 8.5%, and left a bitter finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭matrim

Got a whiplash all together now and it says brewed in Ballyfermot. Is that their new brewery?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

matrim wrote: »
    Got a whiplash all together now and it says brewed in Ballyfermot. Is that their new brewery?
    Yep. Cherry Orchard Industrial Estate.

A whole go of Ballykilcavan Millhouse. Teeny Tiny gets a monster amount of love for 3.3 but for 0.2% more I’d have this any day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Local now doing growlers, so myself and Mrs Eggs enjoyed a night on the Whiplash Rollover. Lovely, light drink

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

On cans of the Sunburnt Red Ale from 8 Degrees tonight. Great ale

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Subbuteo

Lindemanns faro lambic yesterday evening. Not my sort of thing. It did say on the label that it’s made with candy sugar, so I can’t say I wasn’t warned...

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Lockheed

Can of Dutch Gold tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Osamabumdipper

Lockheed wrote: »

Same as.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,837 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Try Royal Dutch. Much nicer, stronger, similar price.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭overthebridge

If you're not buying Dutch, you're paying too much.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 68,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The 'new' Brú IPA is better than the old one, but that's not saying much tbh...

Might be better colder; only been in the fridge for ~2h and its a bottle not a can.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Got the latest mixed box from Treaty City here in Limerick for the weekend ahead. Supporting local and all that. There's a witbier, a stout, a pale ale and a blond ale, each named after a different "quarter" of the city. Each has a different special ingredient, one of which is "love". :D

All that said, I'm starting my weekend with their Hell's Gate helles. Hoping to day trip to Cork and Galway over the next week or so to pick up something more exotic from Bradley's and McCambridge's.

Got the latest mixed box from Treaty City here in Limerick for the weekend ahead. Supporting local and all that. There's a witbier, a stout, a pale ale and a blond ale, each named after a different "quarter" of the city. Each has a different special ingredient, one of which is "love". :D

All that said, I'm starting my weekend with their Hell's Gate helles. Hoping to day trip to Cork and Galway over the next week or so to pick up something more exotic from Bradley's and McCambridge's.

The stout is excellent.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 68,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

L1011 wrote: »

Might be better colder; only been in the fridge for ~2h and its a bottle not a can.

Its better colder (I bought two)

Would still go for about five different IPAs my local shops relatively plain selection has ahead of it though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Its better colder (I bought two)

Would still go for about five different IPAs my local shops relatively plain selection has ahead of it though

Your local shops must be bad if you’ve only 5 IPA’s ahead of it.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Celebrating Leeds' promotion so had to break out the good stuff. Hard to get much better than Founders CBS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Zaph wrote: »
    Celebrating Leeds' promotion so had to break out the good stuff. Hard to get much better than Founders CBS.

Prepare for next years relegation by stocking up on Bitters ;)

Prepare for next years relegation by stocking up on Bitters ;)

We've been living on that stuff for the last 16 years!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Never managed to get my hands on a bottle of that. Treated myself to a 2016 KBS last weekend, though. Might have to break out something else special if United get 3rd in the Premier League. :P

OOnegative wrote: »
    Your local shops must be bad if you’ve only 5 IPA’s ahead of it.

a: It sort of is... If you allow Session and DIPAs its more than 5 though :pac:
    b: Had it been the old recipe it would have been basically all of them. Really, really disliked most of Bru's old recipes.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Hard to get much better than Founders CBS.
    Founders has ongoing problems but not to do with the quality of their beers.

BeerNut wrote: »
    Founders has ongoing problems but not to do with the quality of their beers.

Yeah, it's pretty shoddy that the environment there seems to be so toxic. I don't think I've bought any of their beers since I first heard about the case, which is a shame because they make some of my absolute favourite beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

When they first put their beers, and bars, to market, they were very dull. But this new 'Urban Jungle' range they've put out have been brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

Heading to Dublin and was wondering if anyone knows any decent off licences near the Mater/Rotunda/Mountjoy Square area?

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Fresh Smithfield is your best bet. Can't think of any good off licences in Dublin 1 to be honest. Probably a 20 min walk from Mountjoy Square

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

ianob7 wrote: »
    Fresh Smithfield is your best bet. Can't think of any good off licences in Dublin 1 to be honest. Probably a 20 min walk from Mountjoy Square

If you’re going that far you’re better off dropping into Drinkstore. One of the best. Although, I’m not sure if they are letting people back into the shop yet as it’s tiny. They were just serving at the door

• Registered Users Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭VW 1

Had a KBS I picked up in Martin's a few weeks ago and it was a 2016 release. Picked up a couple more and they were the same. Anyone know a reason why they'd still be around, given they usually sell out pretty quickly?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

These barrel aged beers appearing in Tesco has caused a bit of controversy. Bottled in June 17, probably see a few of them in Ireland soon.

EdDAZxaWAAAFE7w?format=jpg&name=medium

Advertisement