Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everyone at the beach?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭SuspectZero

I'm essentially crocked, been almost 2 and a half years years since doing what i'd call any significant running. Between constant calf issues that wont go away and then a collapsed lung when i started getting going this year, i think my days are numbered and i dont see myself going back. my interest in running has hit a point where i dont think i've watched a meet or race sin since the london marathon in 2019 and i dont even bother following news anymore either. My motivation to post even training advice died a long time ago as i realised debate was pointless as ad hominem and soundbites rules the roost which meant i stopped even learning about training because there's no point if you cant help, it just becomes junk in my head. so i guess disillusioned sums up my position on everything running, not the most positive post but thats where i'm at lol.

The poster FKA El Caballo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ceepo

I'm essentially crocked, been almost 2 and a half years years since doing what i'd call any significant running. Between constant calf issues that wont go away and then a collapsed lung when i started getting going this year, i think my days are numbered and i dont see myself going back. my interest in running has hit a point where i dont think i've watched a meet or race sin since the london marathon in 2019 and i dont even bother following news anymore either. My motivation to post even training advice died a long time ago as i realised debate was pointless as ad hominem and soundbites rules the roost which meant i stopped even learning about training because there's no point if you cant help, it just becomes junk in my head. so i guess disillusioned sums up my position on everything running, not the most positive post but thats where i'm at lol.

Wow that sounds terrible. Have you the lung issue sorted out..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Aha evidence that at least someone was at the beach :D:D

Yes, running on a beach is hard. Sandy beaches that is. Irish hard packed rainy beaches are bloody fast in bare feet!
    young lad was at surfing camp yesterday

did a 2 hour run while waiting , 1 hour of which was on beach

talk about wrecked afterwards, been years since i had trained on the beach

would many lads train on beach

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

That's rough man. I don't know what to say other than I really appreciated your contributions to this forum. All the best

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

Sorry to hear that E, the collapsed lung sounds horrendous. I hope you make a recovery. Debate is never pointless for what it's worth, not everyone is always going to agree with everyone else but it is always worthwhile seeing varying viewpoints.

KSU wrote: »
    The OH thought I was getting complacent with WFH and managing without childcare so she figured she would throw a curve ball with another impending arrival on the way.

Running/ Social media took a hit picking up the slack at home.

Bit late to the party here but congrats L!! That's wonderful news :)
    What up?!

This Forum is silent today. Logs all waiting for Sunday weekly updates?

Its quiet all week too. Only 2 months ago it was buzzing. Old faces back, new faces etc.. lots of new threads, busy logs. Now.. tumbleweed.

People just back to life, work, shopping, driving, visiting etc..? Or we just missing the usual buzz of autumn marathon logs and all the chat and questions that go with them. No events, no motivation to write?

Hopefully thats just it. Prioritising relationships over social media time. Anyway just checking in. At least from Strava I see the running continues. Stay safe all

I'm hoping to go to the beach tomorrow :). Running wise I've been going backwards for the last few months, possibly a direct correlation to the weight I've gained :eek:. The diet needs cleaning up and I'm going to try something different for a while like bootcamp as running just isn't doing anything for me right now!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Unfortunately I've been stuck with a long haul recovery from Covid-19, 4 months on and I'm still dealing with fatigue and shortness of breath issues. I had made it to week 6 of Couch to 5k by the end of June but had a huge relapse of symptoms then so went back to 1/1 run/walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

I’ve been pretty steadily plugging away, was at it six days a week during lockdown but when I went back to work the body was seriously unhappy.

It had gotten used to having all day to recover I think!

Had to take a bit of time off and think about getting more calories in but now I’m back pretty much full bore, posted a 5k PB in a TT last Friday and a 10k PB in a training session so the ball is definitely rolling again.

Going to do a HM TT on Sunday.

Advertisement