Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Far Cry 6

• 10-07-2020 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,885 ✭✭✭

Far Cry 6 has been revealed a little earlier than planned via a PlayStation Store leak, which has listed it for launch on 18th February 2021.

jpg

PlayStation 4 copies of the game will upgrade for free if you play on PlayStation 5 - which will almost certainly be the same for Xbox One and Xbox Series X.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-07-10-far-cry-6-leak-confirms-breaking-bads-giancarlo-esposito-will-star
    Welcome to Yara, a tropical paradise frozen in time. As the dictator of Yara, Anton Castillo is intent on restoring his nation back to its former glory by any means, with his son, Diego, following in his bloody footsteps. Their ruthless oppression has ignited a revolution.

FIGHT FOR FREEDOM
    Play as Dani Rojas, a local Yaran and become a guerrilla fighter to liberate the nation

YARA TORN APART
    Fight against Anton's troops in the largest Far Cry playground to date across jungles, beaches and Esperanza the capital city of Yara

GUERRILLA FIREPOWER
    Employ makeshift weapons, vehicles, and Amigos, the new Fangs for Hire to burn the tyrannical regime to the ground

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,617 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

"Largest Far Cry playground to date". Bigger isn't always better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,885 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    "Largest Far Cry playground to date". Bigger isn't always better.

Just Cause 3 and 4 would be good examples. Found map in 4 too big

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I'm so over big maps as a selling point especially when 98% of it is grass and hills.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

1. Bigger Harder outposts and the abilty to reset them (ala Far Cry 5.5)
    2. Throwing knife back plz
    3. Better Coop options with no tether.
    4. Bigger selection of weapons
    5. Less stupid races more secret stash puzzle things

I am sure there is more but those 1st :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,319 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Unless it's a massive departure and change to the series, I don't think I'll be interested. They've been remaking Far Cry 3 for a good four or five games now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I loved in far cry 5 at the start of the game how they trolled us into thinking there was gonna be towers :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,583 ✭✭✭✭T. Hanks

This whole series needs a long break followed by a revamp.

Churning it out like FIFA

• Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yeah, it definitely needs a change up. I know people enjoyed 5 and New Dawn, but I couldn't finish 5 as it was too much like 4, which was too much like 3, which was amazing. Characters definitely left those 2 down also, didn't have the same threat or feel of 3.

Still waiting on a full version of Blood Dragon though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,080 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

alright, nothing groundbreaking about it.

Every Ubisoft game from the last decade, basically :p

I really want to this to be good, solid cast and the series has always had brilliantly complex and developed characters. The formula is definitely what lets it down though, Far Cry 5 was a tiny bit of a change up but it still felt along the same thing. Was disappointing as I really liked the Joseph Seed character but the means to progress felt too much like a chore imo.

The best thing they have made for me in the last 10 years was Grow Up. Loved it and they should be encouraging more of that kind of stuff from with in. It's hard to be excited for FC6 and I know they made changes to the AC series but really I look at both now and think I'd rather they just did something else instead of trying to drag 10+ year old franchises into 2020 and beyond. Even Watchdogs reeks of stale Ubi, They are not they only ones guilty of it and looking at whats been announced or expected to be announced for next gen it's massive dollop of more of the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,635 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

The trailer has been leaked by jeuxvideo.com. No gameplay, and it's in French. :pac:

https://streamable.com/bskaky

^ Taken down. Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing some game footage tomorrow night.

107102741_576241286587440_6003153283297106022_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.flhr4-2.fna.fbcdn.net&_nc_cat=100&_nc_ohc=3TmuuokniSwAX_rh_dP&oh=d0a1876fe3bef6242a55f0a49b4bb50f&oe=5F364CC1

107885645_286732029236241_7358150295038695155_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.flhr4-2.fna.fbcdn.net&_nc_cat=109&_nc_ohc=b_uZY5rhy_wAX95fWOA&oh=e60f88a908336ae398f3a45eec3fc28e&oe=5F35508C

The product of Jason and Citra? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

107102741_576241286587440_6003153283297106022_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.flhr4-2.fna.fbcdn.net&_nc_cat=100&_nc_ohc=3TmuuokniSwAX_rh_dP&oh=d0a1876fe3bef6242a55f0a49b4bb50f&oe=5F364CC1

107885645_286732029236241_7358150295038695155_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.flhr4-2.fna.fbcdn.net&_nc_cat=109&_nc_ohc=b_uZY5rhy_wAX95fWOA&oh=e60f88a908336ae398f3a45eec3fc28e&oe=5F35508C

But what about the Diamond, Moondust and Galactic editions?

Fúcking Ubisoft.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,469 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Class trailer, I'm going with Diego growing up to be Vaas :)

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Class trailer, I'm going with Diego growing up to be Vaas :)

Well we saw him with earphones so doubt it. Looks like they are moving from open country map to city

One of the new fangs for hire, Chorizo the weiner dog
    https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1282405348498759681?s=19

Wow, they're really gonna use a disabled dog as a preorder bonus the evil bastards! Chorizo looks like a good doggo!

Disc launcher completely recycled from new dawn. Looking forward to seeing some gameplay footage.

1 cent short of €200 for the Collector's Edition. Ay Caramba!

Overview of the game
    About

In Far Cry 6, players are immersed in the adrenaline-filled, chaotic world of a modern-day guerrilla revolution. Welcome to Yara, a tropical paradise frozen in time. As dictator of Yara, Anton Castillo is intent on restoring his nation back to its former glory by any means, with his son, Diego, following in his bloody footsteps. Become a guerrilla fighter and burn their regime to the ground.

Far Cry 6

As Dani Rojas (playable as a female or male character), you will help stoke the fires of revolution through guerrilla warfare across the island of Yara, from verdant jungles to the urban streets of the capital city, Esperanza. You’ll use a powerful array of weapons and vehicles, and build a network of allies to fight alongside you, including Fangs for Hire like Chorizo, the dangerously distracting wiener dog. As President Castillo prepares his son Diego, played by Anthony Gonzalez (“Coco”), to succeed him, you will do all you can to ensure his plans don’t come to fruition.

Key Features
    • Ignite the Fight for Freedom – Dive into a blockbuster experience as Dani Rojas, a local Yaran defending their country from a tyrant’s rule. Join the revolution to push back against the oppressive regime of dictator Anton Castillo and his teenage son Diego, brought to life by Hollywood stars Giancarlo Esposito (The Mandalorian, Breaking Bad) and Anthony Gonzalez (Coco).
    • Yara Torn Apart – For the first time in Far Cry, experience a sprawling capital city: Esperanza, the most expansive Far Cry playground to date. Take down Anton in the seat of his power by staying hidden or engaging Anton’s army in an all-out firefight in the streets. From taking the reins of a horse to commandeering a tank, choose your favorite ride to fight against the regime or to just travel Yara in style.
    • Become a Guerrilla – Jump into the action and chaos of guerrilla combat at the heart of a revolution. Employ an arsenal of unique and surprising new weapons, vehicles, and animal companions in a fight against an unyielding military regime. No guerrilla should go it alone, so pair up with an all-new animal companion like Chorizo, the adorable wiener dog who’s as cute as he is lethal.

EcwLyoxX0AAQHO2?format=jpg
    EcwLsbxWsAAYJGh?format=jpg
    EcwL1QSWkAUYqfS?format=png
    EcwLzooXYAAa-kg?format=png
    EcwLto0WsAEqgof?format=jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

They've shown me nothing yet that makes me think it'll be anything but another re-skinned FC3.

They've shown me nothing yet that makes me think it'll be anything but another re-skinned FC3.

I'm really holding out hope but after seeing assassin's creed and watchdogs, it looks like Ubi are happy to keep the same ol formula rolling into next gen.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I'm really holding out hope but after seeing assassin's creed and watchdogs, it looks like Ubi are happy to keep the same ol formula rolling into next gen.

Climb up ten ladders. Achievement/trophy unlocked.

Advertisement