Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pizza ovens

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Just had an auto response from Ooni re my email. They promise to get back to me within 21 days! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I ordered a standard sized Koda on the 26th April and I still haven't taken delivery of it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

If anyone is still trying to get yeast there was plenty of it in my local Polish today.
    Worth trying one near you if still needed.
    49c for an 8g satchet.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭hargo

maximo31 wrote: »
    If anyone is still trying to get yeast there was plenty of it in my local Polish today.
    Worth trying one near you if still needed.
    49c for an 8g satchet.

Got a 100 g of fresh yeast for 20 cent last week 2 days left on the date used 3g and fired the rest into the freezer Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

Ooni Pepperoni... for my 5 year old...who spilt his drink all over it before taking a bite...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭oleras

If anyone has a 10% code I would appreciate it, Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Ryath

oleras wrote: »
    If anyone has a 10% code I would appreciate it, Thanks.

Sent you a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭oleras

Ryath wrote: »
    Sent you a PM

Cheers, roll on September !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

What you folks think of the linked Thermometer for use on the Ooni? :
    https://ie.rs-online.com/web/p/products/1233250/

Thinking of ordering one.......

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

maximo31 wrote: »
    What you folks think of the linked Thermometer for use on the Ooni? :
    https://ie.rs-online.com/web/p/products/1233250/

Thinking of ordering one.......

I got a cheap one off Wish for 16 quid I think. Arrived last week, works fine. Off by a few C but nothing major.

Still no sign of the pizza oven though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Having used the Ooni (Fyra) a number of times in a variety of conditions, i.e. wind, bit cold etc., not sure that you need a thermometer.

You'll know when its hot, thats for sure! As I said previously, its actually too hot initially, so I leave the door open for 10 seconds before loading in first pizza. but whether its 500 or 400, you will get great pizza.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Having used the Ooni (Fyra) a number of times in a variety of conditions, i.e. wind, bit cold etc., not sure that you need a thermometer.

You'll know when its hot, thats for sure! As I said previously, its actually too hot initially, so I leave the door open for 10 seconds before loading in first pizza. but whether its 500 or 400, you will get great pizza.

+1 to this, once you get a little experience you will figure out your method and temps do not really impact the output. For me with the Gas ooni I drop the gas to just over half post launch of the first pizza and then turn it up to prep for the next.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭RonnieL

I dont ball until after 2/3 days in the fridge. I'd have the dough out of the fridge that morning and leave until the afternoon, then ball about 90 minutes before I use them.

I find that balling up before 3 days in there uses way too much fridge space, no difference in the end product.

Maybe I need a bigger fridge.

I've tried both methods and I'm not sure which yielded better results! I bought these dough trays because they fit in my fridge, but I'm seeing more and more people (mainly on the ooni uk facebook group) suggesting the balling can/should be done 4 or 5 hours before use. All part of the fun. My next tweak is to source some fresh yeast and see what difference if any that makes. I've always just used the active dried stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭wandererz

If anyone is interested i have an Ooni Koda available in Dublin area..
    3 Year Warranty from 11 May 2020 (shipping date)

Have had it for approx 7 weeks or less.

Perfect condition. Includes inner & outer box.
    Great oven.

I have a Koda 16 on order so have to sell this to upgrade.

€250 including a wooden pizza peel.

No need to wait 2+ months for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

It really is getting ridiculous now with the Ooni delays. My wife ordered mine on the 8th of May as a birthday present for me early June. We've still only got "Order confirmed" status, no other updates. I'm a very understanding person when it comes to this sort of thing but it's just too long to be waiting for a product after ordering. I presume the summer months are probably when people get the most use out of a product like this and we're missing those. Granted I'll have next summer and summers after but still.

Mine is in Dublin now so should be delivered in the next couple of days. Got the wood pellets this morning in Mulch

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Bassfish

Nokotan wrote: »
    It really is getting ridiculous now with the Ooni delays. My wife ordered mine on the 8th of May as a birthday present for me early June. We've still only got "Order confirmed" status, no other updates. I'm a very understanding person when it comes to this sort of thing but it's just too long to be waiting for a product after ordering. I presume the summer months are probably when people get the most use out of a product like this and we're missing those. Granted I'll have next summer and summers after but still.
    Same here, I ordered the Karu on the 6th of May!

Bassfish wrote: »
    Same here, I ordered the Karu on the 6th of May!

I tweeted them this morning essentially asking when does "early July" end and got this response.

"Hey - our shipping timetable is based on inbound stock logistics so the batch should be arriving in our warehouse by the end of this week and will be ready for shipment! Once shipping has commenced, the timetable will be updated!"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Id say it is nothing to do with shipping or logistics and instead a case of their manufacturing facility not being able to keep up. Theyve taken those orders back in May knowing well that the factory cant make them all that quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

wandererz wrote: »
    If anyone is interested i have an Ooni Koda available in Dublin area..
    3 Year Warranty from 11 May 2020 (shipping date)

Have had it for approx 7 weeks or less.

Perfect condition. Includes inner & outer box.
    Great oven.

I have a Koda 16 on order so have to sell this to upgrade.

€250 including a wooden pizza peel.

No need to wait 2+ months for delivery.

Did you find a taker? Could you post or know anyone heading down the M7 anytime soon I could meet..

Anyone had a problem buying from Ooni UK via Parcel Motel? Was just trying to get a cover with free shipping for my oven and it declined the card, maybe because of the Irish billing address? Shipping is 20 euro otherwise from the EU site

• Advertisement

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Anyone had a problem buying from Ooni UK via Parcel Motel? Was just trying to get a cover with free shipping for my oven and it declined the card, maybe because of the Irish billing address? Shipping is 20 euro otherwise from the EU site

https://www.meadowsandbyrne.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Ooni

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Muahahaha wrote: »

I got stuff delivered from the Ooni UK site via PM about 5 weeks ago with no issues. In fact I got my Ooni Koda 16 from John Lewis via PM also - I had to pay €30 oversized item charge on that though.

Doorbell just rang.....

123.jpg

The Nal wrote: »
    Doorbell just rang.....

123.jpg

Hmmmm... I wonder what’s for dinner tonight! Enjoy!

Nokotan wrote: »
    I tweeted them this morning essentially asking when does "early July" end and got this response.

"Hey - our shipping timetable is based on inbound stock logistics so the batch should be arriving in our warehouse by the end of this week and will be ready for shipment! Once shipping has commenced, the timetable will be updated!"

Email today saying it's being shipped!

Spagbol! Wasn't expecting it so no dough.

Tomorrow though, me by 8pm.....

giphy.gif

thanks I didnt know Meadows & Byrne did Ooni gear. But its the Ooni 3 cover Im after, the Pro is a different shape and would be too big
    Pipmae wrote: »
    I got stuff delivered from the Ooni UK site via PM about 5 weeks ago with no issues. In fact I got my Ooni Koda 16 from John Lewis via PM also - I had to pay €30 oversized item charge on that though.

Right must go back and check the card number was right, had thought the Irish billing address might have got it declined but it must have been something else

• Registered Users Posts: 8,329 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Quick, run down Aldi and get some of their Sourdough Pizza Bases. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Ryath

Finally got a IR thermometer at a reasonable price.

Reduced to €25 in Woodies for a Stanley one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Oh no you guys, help!

I ordered my Ooni Fyra ages ago with the intention of learning everything while I wait. Of course, I immediately began procrastinating and to this day have learned nothing. So my Fyra showed up yesterday and now I need to know what to buy to get cooking.

Can I get everything in Dunnes???? I know I need special flour, yeast and whatnot. Is the little basic recipe in the booklet OK to start with???

Advertisement