Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,964 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Possibility of the worlds been behind closed doors is pretty high

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

TO ALL BDO BICC PLAYERS

It’s become a concern to the BDO Board of Director’s that the County letters we send out do not reach the players in each County, it’s for this reason we would like to make the following statement, we will then not be making any more statements until Monday 13th July.

Many Counties are facing a choice and in most cases a vote as to their future in County Darts, we would like to state the following.

By Monday the 13th July the BDO Board will be in a position to furnish you all with the facts regarding the BDO Liquidation (what we can tell you right now is that None of what you have heard on Social Media from ANYONE ELSE other than the BDO Board is correct, and that none of this insolvency is what it seems.

To date the BDO has received letters from only 2 counties informing us that they no longer wish to be a part of the BDO.

The BDO Board Believe that to leave the BDO BICC before the AGM (proposed date of the 30th August) would be a mistake as to do so means the following,

1, The leaving County will immediately loose all its stakes within the BDO (it would be a mistake to assume that there are no stakes or the stakes to be worthless) and it will be explained to you shortly what each Counties stakes are worth.

2, If the organisation that a County leaves the BDO for does not reach the level of support needed to operate and sustain a viable County like system, the leaving County (if they wish to return) will rejoin the BDO in the bottom division.

3, Any returning County would need to pay a rejoining fee without a stake in the organisation.

4, Any rejoining County would be subject to acceptance in the usual way by its members.

There is an awful lot of information that you need to be aware of and that information will become available in the coming 7 days or so.

Information that you hear from ANY third party cannot be relied upon and will most definitely be of influence (in a detrimental way) to your Counties vote.

The BDO know that we have at least 50% loyalty within the Counties and the figures that we provided to you some 6 weeks ago still work for the BDO and will create a viable County system not to dissimilar to what we have enjoyed for the past 40+ years, we will just be updating.

The message what we are strongly trying to get across to you all is to make a decision before the BDO AGM would be a mistake and each County will be throwing away 40+ years of history, we can and will make the BDO work once more.

Des

BDO going belly up apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

TO ALL BDO BICC PLAYERS

It’s become a concern to the BDO Board of Director’s that the County letters we send out do not reach the players in each County, it’s for this reason we would like to make the following statement, we will then not be making any more statements until Monday 13th July.

Many Counties are facing a choice and in most cases a vote as to their future in County Darts, we would like to state the following.

By Monday the 13th July the BDO Board will be in a position to furnish you all with the facts regarding the BDO Liquidation (what we can tell you right now is that None of what you have heard on Social Media from ANYONE ELSE other than the BDO Board is correct, and that none of this insolvency is what it seems.

To date the BDO has received letters from only 2 counties informing us that they no longer wish to be a part of the BDO.

The BDO Board Believe that to leave the BDO BICC before the AGM (proposed date of the 30th August) would be a mistake as to do so means the following,

1, The leaving County will immediately loose all its stakes within the BDO (it would be a mistake to assume that there are no stakes or the stakes to be worthless) and it will be explained to you shortly what each Counties stakes are worth.

2, If the organisation that a County leaves the BDO for does not reach the level of support needed to operate and sustain a viable County like system, the leaving County (if they wish to return) will rejoin the BDO in the bottom division.

3, Any returning County would need to pay a rejoining fee without a stake in the organisation.

4, Any rejoining County would be subject to acceptance in the usual way by its members.

There is an awful lot of information that you need to be aware of and that information will become available in the coming 7 days or so.

Information that you hear from ANY third party cannot be relied upon and will most definitely be of influence (in a detrimental way) to your Counties vote.

The BDO know that we have at least 50% loyalty within the Counties and the figures that we provided to you some 6 weeks ago still work for the BDO and will create a viable County system not to dissimilar to what we have enjoyed for the past 40+ years, we will just be updating.

The message what we are strongly trying to get across to you all is to make a decision before the BDO AGM would be a mistake and each County will be throwing away 40+ years of history, we can and will make the BDO work once more.

Des

BDO going belly up apparently

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

irish players got a disaster of a draw.

O Connor got Wade
    Teehan got MVG
    Lennon got Durrant.

ALL LOST, but Lennon was a disgrace, missed 9 darts alone on double 8 to make it 4-4, and Durrant was only averaging 79 at the time.

The bigger names out first round were Gary Anderson, Fatpot Lewis, Nathan Aspinall, Daryl Gurney, and Joe Cullen.
    Krusty White should have went out as well but Ron Muelenkamp shat his load....throwing for the match hit scores of 24, 40 and 60

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Nothing changed with the few months off anyway. MvG wins it beating Wright in the final.

• Advertisement

US2 wrote: »
    Nothing changed with the few months off anyway. MvG wins it beating Wright in the final.

got away in a few games with luck.

Borland missed at least one match dart.

Rydz, shat himself when he got in front.
    Noppert rolled over as he always does
    And krusty the klown was throwing for the match and he bottled it.

No one is denying MVG is not a fantastic player, but he gets more than his fair share of luck,

got away in a few games with luck.

Borland missed at least one match dart.

Rydz, shat himself when he got in front.
    Noppert rolled over as he always does
    And krusty the klown was throwing for the match and he bottled it.

No one is denying MVG is not a fantastic player, but he gets more than his fair share of luck,

He averaged 103 for the day, hardly lucky.

when you survive match darts cos your opponent missed it, I think its safe to say it was luck.
    he might have thrown great darts for the day after that, but in games he should not have been in.
    MVG had to depend on another to choke, bottle or simply just miss.

He had luck against rydz.....who averaged far higher than MVG
    And you could argue Krusty threw it away in the final.

when you survive match darts cos your opponent missed it, I think its safe to say it was luck.
    he might have thrown great darts for the day after that, but in games he should not have been in.
    MVG had to depend on another to choke, bottle or simply just miss.

He had luck against rydz.....who averaged far higher than MVG
    And you could argue Krusty threw it away in the final.

He played unbelievable stuff all day. I wouldn't call it luck.

https://twitter.com/ochepedia/status/1280959723928539142?s=19

so when a player misses a match dart, how is the opponent not lucky because of the miss ?
    MVG's fate was not in his hand.

I am not disputing MVG played great afterwards, but you cannot claim he had no luck.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

There is no such thing as luck. MvG hit the double when his opponent didn't, clearly showing he deserved to win the match.

Very poor day for the Irish lads, Willie still has a chance of making the Matchplay but he needs a couple of good runs.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Willie has been drawn against MvG in Round One today.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

so when a player misses a match dart, how is the opponent not lucky because of the miss ?
    MVG's fate was not in his hand.

I am not disputing MVG played great afterwards, but you cannot claim he had no luck.

because darts is about who hits the double when it matters
    a gust of wind is the auditorium or your opponent not well or injured is luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Steve Lennon wins 6-2 first game, O'Connor lost 6-2 against MVG. Teehan seems to have a winnable round round match

Teehan the only Irishman standing I think ? Few awful draws for them..

https://twitter.com/OfficialPDC/status/1281211816350269444?s=19

peteeeed wrote: »
    because darts is about who hits the double when it matters
    a gust of wind is the auditorium or your opponent not well or injured is luck

so when kuivenhoven missed 4 match darts today against MVG, that is not luck for MVG ?

ok right....

EDIT: Seems his luck ran out when Kuivenhoven took his 6th match dart to send him packing....deserved too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

The power got away with murder for yrs to as regards he's opponents missing match darts against him.i remember so many players missed match darts v the power in he's hay day.
    And the one that's stands to mind most was painter in the world final.
    There was many others to but my memory can't remember at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

bassy wrote:
    The power got away with murder for yrs to as regards he's opponents missing match darts against him.i remember so many players missed match darts v the power in he's hay day. And the one that's stands to mind most was painter in the world final. There was many others to but my memory can't remember at this stage.

Mike gregory in the bdo final also.

indeed, and to me that is luck.

When you are on the oche with your opponent throwing you can only hope the miss, and if they do you are lucky.
    For some to say the top players dont have luck like MVG does is ridiculous, all players get it at some stage

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

indeed, and to me that is luck.

When you are on the oche with your opponent throwing you can only hope the miss, and if they do you are lucky.
    For some to say the top players dont have luck like MVG does is ridiculous, all players get it at some stage

Wright handed him the premier league title a few years ago,didn't he miss 6 or 7 match darts.unreal.

• Advertisement

Dave Dismal Chisnall proving why he was , is and will always be a guy that will never win a thing of note ever.

Today he led 7-3 in a race to 8, and even had multiple match darts, to win what would be the biggest trophy of his entire career....let that sink in.

And he blew it, lost 8-7.

He is up there with Terry Jenkins, Ronnie Baxter, Wayne Mardle, Chris Mason, Ian White, Michael Smith, ...the most over rated players in history who have never won a thing of note ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,857 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Chisnall has won 12 Players Championships. Why would today's one be bigger than any of the rest???????

paulie21 wrote: »
    Chisnall has won 12 Players Championships. Why would today's one be bigger than any of the rest???????

it would be on a par....ergo pc #13, would be as equal as pc #4 or pc#7

Therein lies the problem, when you have players like chizzy, white and bellyboy in the PDC top 16 and the greatest thing they have ever won is a players champ, it shows what a joke the ranking system is.

Even at 7-3 to chizzy I was still not convinced he would win as he is such a choker....and so it transpired.

it would be on a par....ergo pc #13, would be as equal as pc #4 or pc#7

Therein lies the problem, when you have players like chizzy, white and bellyboy in the PDC top 16 and the greatest thing they have ever won is a players champ, it shows what a joke the ranking system is.

Even at 7-3 to chizzy I was still not convinced he would win as he is such a choker....and so it transpired.

Who do you want in the top 16 then instead of the likes of chizzy, Smith ect? Give us your rankings.

Who do you want in the top 16 then instead of the likes of chizzy, Smith ect? Give us your rankings.

At present you can be top 5 like Bellyboy without ever winning a thing of note....that has to be wrong at some level.

I would like to see an imaginary money ranking list, so when a player wins a major, the winner gets awarded double points.
    That would favor actual winners.

Gerwyn Price for example who has won 2 majors would be higher in the table....a proven winner.
    Gurney would be higher die to him winning tv titles
    Wade has won 9 tv title
    Cross has won a world title and matchplay
    those players are proven winners

I would have any of them players higher than the likes of perennials losers like white, chizzy, smith etc who win a few basic floor champs but bomb in every single tv title.

Remember when Colin Lloyd was the PDC #1 ?
    Because he did all the floor events that Taylor was skipping, it was so ridiculous the PDC had to change the ranking system, and whilst the present one is better, it still has flaws when Bellyboy can be in the top 5 in the world despite him never winning anything of note.

Does anyone truly believe bellyboy is in the top 5 players in the World ? Seriously ?

At present you can be top 5 like Bellyboy without ever winning a thing of note....that has to be wrong at some level.

I would like to see an imaginary money ranking list, so when a player wins a major, the winner gets awarded double points.
    That would favor actual winners.

Gerwyn Price for example who has won 2 majors would be higher in the table....a proven winner.
    Gurney would be higher die to him winning tv titles
    Wade has won 9 tv title
    Cross has won a world title and matchplay
    those players are proven winners

I would have any of them players higher than the likes of perennials losers like white, chizzy, smith etc who win a few basic floor champs but bomb in every single tv title.

Remember when Colin Lloyd was the PDC #1 ?
    Because he did all the floor events that Taylor was skipping, it was so ridiculous the PDC had to change the ranking system, and whilst the present one is better, it still has flaws when Bellyboy can be in the top 5 in the world despite him never winning anything of note.

Does anyone truly believe bellyboy is in the top 5 players in the World ? Seriously ?

Your about 40 years of age justin using stupid names like bellyboy is very weird.

So you think James wade is currently a better player than Michael Smith ? Historical titles are meaningless.

bit like saying man utd are currently a better team than man City cos they won more trophies over the years. Makes no sense to me. You call Wright a bottler an only a few months ago he beat the best player in the world in a world championship final.

And Colin Loyd was winning tv titles back when he was numbet 1 wasn't he?

Your about 40 years of age justin using stupid names like bellyboy is very weird.

So you think James wade is currently a better player than Michael Smith ? Historical titles are meaningless.

Wade is better than Smith.

Wade has won proper majors like the Matchplay, the UK Open..twice,

the Grand Prix Prix...twice
    He has won other events like the Premier League, Masters etc.

Smith has never won a major or a tv title........EVER

So Yes I think Wade is a better player than Smith
    And how about Head to Head....they have played each other 20 times and wade has won SIXTEEN.
    There is no doubt Wade is not only better, but History will remember him as a better player.
    Until Bellyboy wins a proper major he will be just another mason, jenkins, mardle, baxter, chizzy, white etc,

Look at the order of Merit ...
    The following players have won Majors in the PDC in the last few years and are all below Smith.

Nathan Aspinall...won UK Open

Daryl Gurney..former Grand Prix winner

Gary Anderson...former 2 time world champion

James Wade...9 tv titles

Mensur Suljovic...won champions league

I have all them as better than smith, as they are actual winners.
    Until he wins something of note, I would never have him in the worlds top 10, let alone top 5

bit like saying man utd are currently a better team than man City cos they won more trophies over the years. Makes no sense to me. You call Wright a bottler an only a few months ago he beat the best player in the world in a world championship final.

And Colin Loyd was winning tv titles back when he was numbet 1 wasn't he?

but man city have also won titles, so that renders that analogy utterly useless.

Smith has won nothing....what part of this are you failing to grasp.
    As for lloyd he was winning floor comps mostly that Taylor was not entering.
    No normal person believed he was the #1 whilst Taylor would turn up and batter him.

Enlighten me, give me your reasons why smith who has never won a major, has a brutal track record of choking,

and flops everytime on tv is supposedly in the top 5 in the world.
    Give me a laugh...let me know what criteria you use.

• Advertisement

I agree with the current 2 year money rankings.

Advertisement