Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LeVar's Walrus - The Reveal

191011121315»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Cheers LeVar, jolly good show. Highest ever finish in a Walrus too so delighted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Congrats to Clarabel,mustang shelly and Irish Aris and cheers to LaVar for hosting this, so many great songs were chosen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,480 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

\o/ My first walrus victory :D

Congrats to my fellow winners Clarabel and Irish Aris.

Thanks LeVar for running such a great walrus and in particular, well done on getting through all of those songs in such a short time. :)

I can't help but wonder if I went with the wrong theme and if The Dandy Warhols' We Used To Be Friends would score higher than Love Split Love.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Well done everyone. I've loved working to the playlists this week!

Some fantastic new music!

Well done LeVar, very smooth Walrus hosting there. 7 rounds with 26 contestants is no easy feat, hope you enjoyed the experience. :)

Gonna throw one last plug in for my Surlaw, for those of you with a Walrus-shaped hole in your life! It's the perfect weekend to listen to and score 20 tunes, so please do play if you haven't already:
    https://touch.boards.ie/thread/post/113930289
    I intend submitting....I have a list my computer ate it though. If I can find it I will enter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Thanks LeVar for running such a great walrus and in particular, well done on getting through all of those songs in such a short time. :)

I can't help but wonder if I went with the wrong theme and if The Dandy Warhols' We Used To Be Friends would score higher than Love Split Love.

I honestly think it would've taken the same spot. I'd have difficulty saying which of the two I prefer even - they stack up fairly similarly for me.

Congrats again.

Oh and obviously LeVar has great music taste. Obviously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,495 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I did think Veronica Mars would feature

I had Magnum, Psych, Party of Five, Suits, Outlander, The OC and Reign on my potential lists

Thanks LeVar, great game and congratulations winners

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,421 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Congrats to Clara, Shelly, and Aris and thanks LeVar for running a great game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,480 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I did think Veronica Mars would feature

I had Magnum, Psych, Party of Five, Suits, Outlander, The OC and Reign on my potential lists

I can't believe I forgot about Smallville.

I was also thinking of Angel or The Unit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭Reberetta

Danke Also Starring LeVar Burton, the wooden spoon!

Reberetta is bowing out of Walrus competitions with a bang! (the sound of him hitting rock bottom). I've only entered three, but they've been thoroughly depressing.

NEWS JUST IN!

The drug samples of the competitors of Reburrus were recently retested and LeVar's A & B samples came back positive so the committee were left with no other option but to retrospectively strip ASLB of the title. Very disappointing for all concerned, but that's the Russians for you. Gru, if you're reading, congratulations; you have moved up into gold and are the new champion!***

Shameless plug time:

Boardies decide greatest music act of all-time.

Boardsies decide greatest music album of all-time.

***Just kidding.**

**Maybe.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Surprised nobody entered Peaky Blinders for the last category too. I thought Necro might have.

quickbeam wrote: »
    Surprised nobody entered Peaky Blinders for the last category too. I thought Necro might have.

That's actually what I thought Zaph had entered. I approve of his choice too though.

I'm surprised Falling by Julee Cruise, aka the theme from Twin Peaks, didn't make an appearance. It was on my shortlist.

Also half expected The Rembrandt's classic I'll Be There For You to show up.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

That's actually what I thought Zaph had entered. I approve of his choice too though.

Red Right Hand would have been a great choice, but as soon as I saw the category there was only one option for me as Alabama 3 are one of my favourite bands. Inspired choice by quickbeam for the Hitchhiker's theme, it always seems to surprise people when they discover it's the Eagles.

Superb competition and reveals LeVar, the amount of work you put into it is incredible, so thanks for that. And congratulations to the three very worthy winners, you guys choose some great songs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Just back from a day out (and first visit to a pub) with my best friends, and going through this thread was the perfect end to a perfect day.

Clarabel, Shelly, congratulations, very happy to share the win with you!!!

LeVar, thanks again for a great selection of categories and a great reveal!!!

I am next for a walrus, I have finalised my categories (I will attempt 7 too!!) and plan to get the proceedings under way tomorrow!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I enjoyed this Walrus from a bystanders perspective - well done to the winners and LeVar for listening to such a long list in a short time - I wouldn't have always agreed with your choices but that's the fun of Walrus! I think I prefer to be looking on than taking part in these...;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

quickbeam wrote: »

I considered that one along with True Detective, fresh Prince, peep show, Saved by the Bell and The Rains of Castamere even though that might not count

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Sawduck wrote:
    I considered that one along with True Detective, fresh Prince, peep show, Saved by the Bell and The Rains of Castamere even though that might not count

Power Rangers was my second choice.

Also had the GOT opening in mind as I think it's class but that show elicits very varied and sometimes irrationally emotional reactions given how it ended so I felt it best to steer clear :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭Reberetta

Necro wrote: »
    Cheers LeVar, jolly good show. Highest ever finish in a Walrus too so delighted :D

I think you finished third in Reberrus; a considerably more impressive achievement in a much more prestigious event; this LeVar Burton stuff is just a load of nonsense. He didn't even like The Quails for goodness sake! And who doesn't have The Quails in their record collection.

• Advertisement
Advertisement