Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Antepost Football Betting 2019/20

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,798 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

spurshero wrote: »
    You backed Liverpool to win champions league and spurs to be top English team . Is that not the same bet ?

Each bet covering the other. In theory...

Backing Seville for the Europa, Brits have to run out of luck at some stage...

On Spurs, Leicester, West Ham and Brighton for the FA Cup. Never had any luck with this but I keep plugging away...

Also a bit on Villa for Carabao: 16/1 in a four-horse race worth a shot...isn't it...

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

rekluse wrote: »
    Juve & Barca o/r , Leicester top 10 , Fulham & Portsmouth top 6 , Mansfield top 7 - 100£ at 20.5/1 , the aforementioned with Celtic o/r , Lyon top 3 , Rb leipzeig top 4 and the dubs to beat Tyrone for 50£ for 4K. Gl all

Not too confident of this at the halfway stage of the season. Need Mansfields new manager to get a tune out of them sharpish if I'm ti have any chance come April. Anyone holding any nice tickets?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Went with two bets...

West Ham Top Half Finish @ 6/5
    Fulham Top 6 @ 4/5
    Mansfield Top 7 @ 4/5
    Portsmouth Top 6 @ 4/5
    Wrexham Top 7 @ 4/5
    Falkirk Win @ 4/7
    Lyon Top 3 @ 1/2
    Barca Win @ 8/13
    Juve Win @ 4/9
    125/1

West Ham Top Half Finish @ 6/5
    Fulham Top 6 @ 4/5
    Mansfield Top 7 @ 4/5
    Portsmouth Top 6 @ 4/5
    Wrexham Top 7 @ 4/5
    Falkirk Win @ 4/7
    Valencia Top 4 @ 11/8
    Juve Win @ 4/9
    131/1

Neither going great, mainly due to the same teams screwing up e.g. West Ham, Mansfield, Wrexham. Not dead and buried yet but not sure I'll be getting the run for my money I did last season :o

Also a bit on Villa for Carabao: 16/1 in a four-horse race worth a shot...isn't it...

Anyone give them a prayer?:p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,170 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Anyone give them a prayer?:p

Bet 365 have them at 18/1 and I still wouldn't back them. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Did pool or city for cl , Inter or Sevilla for el , Belgium or france for euros earlier in the week. 8x 4£ trebles for 32£ total pays 1400 at the biggest odds. Hopefully will give me an interest for the rest of the season. Mansfield torpedoed my original ante post bet after a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

langer91 wrote: »
    Sunderland to be promoted 11/8
    Leicester w/o big 6 10/3
    Barcelona 4/6
    Celtic 1/3
    PSG 1/8
    Benfica Evens
    Juventus 1/2
    Dublin (GAA Football outright) 1/2

Roughly 115/1 Acca to keep me interested for the year

Adding one more at 42/1

Sunderland top 6 finish 8/15
    Leicester top 10 finish 4/9
    Fulham top 6 finish 4/5
    Celtic 2/5
    Barcelona 4/6
    Benfica evens
    PSG 1/10
    Juventus 4/9
    Dublin GAA Football 4/9

Both still alive and set up for a nice/sweaty finish to the end of the season

• Advertisement

Both still alive and set up for a nice/sweaty finish to the end of the season

If we get to the end of the season. Presume outright bets will be refunded if you know what intervenes...

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

If we get to the end of the season. Presume outright bets will be refunded if you know what intervenes...

Yup good point, becoming an increasing worry as the days go by unfortunately. Also have a few antepost bets for cheltenham which is looking likely to be cancelled too.

Looks like I'll be finding out soon enough if my presumption was reliable. Although I suppose it's still theoretically possible the season could be suspended and resumed in a month's time...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

If the season isn't completed would all season long bets be voided?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

If the season isn't completed would all season long bets be voided?

I don't think anyone can give that answer. A decision will have to be made by prem league chiefs.

Bet365 settling bets at present for match bets and Top 5/6/7 finishes. I've had some voids and some winners. Praying for a void on Wrexham Top 7!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,553 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Bet365 settling bets at present for match bets and Top 5/6/7 finishes. I've had some voids and some winners. Praying for a void on Wrexham Top 7!

Same as that ,got an email earlier on.Need a few voids as well .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

Got a void on Mansfield top 7 👌

markc91 wrote: »
    Got a void on Mansfield top 7 ��

Shrewd :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,030 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

markc91 wrote: »
    Got a void on Mansfield top 7 ��

PP have Mansfield down as a loser for me. You're lucky!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

Was on 365 they'll probably change it cause they had Pompey top 6 as a winner

• Advertisement

Presume if Wigan are relegated due to being docked points, bookies will pay out as if they went down the normal way...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,553 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Presume if Wigan are relegated due to being docked points, bookies will pay out as if they went down the normal way...

They aren't going down based on the deduction. if they are relegated, the points deduction doesn't kick in until next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭spurshero

yabadabado wrote: »
    They aren't going down based on the deduction. if they are relegated, the points deduction doesn't kick in until next year.

Unless they finish 13 clear if the relegation zone there going down. If they do finish 13 or more clear a d stay up they start next season on minus 12 . At least that’s my understanding .

Unless they finish 13 clear if the relegation zone there going down. that’s my understanding .

Mine too. I'm just checking if it would have any impact on bet payouts, I'm assuming it won't...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭spurshero

Mine too. I'm just checking if it would have any impact on bet payouts, I'm assuming it won't...

Have u backed them to get relegated . If so u will have to get paid . How they go down is immaterial

Have u backed them to get relegated . If so u will have to get paid . How they go down is immaterial

I'm on Hull, but obviously there's a chance Wigan could push them out of the bottom three if this deduction stands...

Well this is my only realistic prospect from my extensive antepost stable, as mentioned above Wigan points deduction could still kibosh it though
    M
    Relegation: Hull

Still holding out a faint hope for this one though, the man himself seems to be doing his level best to make it happen
    Winner/Top Goalscorer: Liverpool/Salah

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,170 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Season over!

New thread can be found here....

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058105393

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement