Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE and Coronavirus news

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I’d guess Renee either loves her job or they are paying her loads (or both) as she could get a job wherever she wants (including AEW if she wanted to be near Mox / stay in the industry) and probably needs the WWE a lot less than the average employee there. The likes of ESPN would snap her up imo

You would think that’d make them treat her differently but apparently not, don’t blame Ambrose for being pissed obviously

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I hope for her own sake she takes more time off even after her two weeks isolating period is over. I know its very slim she could get it again but the fact her workplace is so bad at keeping their staff safe during the whole pandemic. Plus if none of the head honchos didnt even bother to contact her during the whole situation is an absolute kick in the nuts and shows the lack of real concern for their staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

You'd got to wonder, if Renee hasn't been contacted by either Vince, Triple H, or Kevin Dunn, you've got to wonder what exactly Renee's train of thought would be/is right now? Would she quietly wait out her contract and say Adios Suckers once it expired?

WWE really are The Gold Standard. The Gold Standard in not giving two flying ****s about their talent's wellbeing.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,268 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Reading there Vince wants to run shows with fan in attendance before the end of July in Florida so he can be the first to do so and then say it publicly that they beat the virus.

He really is megalomaniac

Reading there Vince once to run shows with fan in attendance before the end of July in Florida so he can be the first to do so and then say it publicly that they beat the virus.

He really is megalomaniac

At what point do those around and above Vince step in, and pull the handbrake on his quiet frankly, absolutely ****ing moronic asinine idea?

Surely someone in that company has balls to step up to Vince and tell him no.

I've got to wonder if Vince really is all there mentally.

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    At what point do those around and above Vince step in, and pull the handbrake on his quiet frankly, absolutely ****ing moronic asinine idea?

Surely someone in that company has balls to step up to Vince and tell him no.

I've got to wonder if Vince really is all there mentally.

Never by the look of it.

People seemed to be holding out hope HHH would be better it's not looking like that at all these days.

Wrestling talent have also been told they cannot come forward and say they have the virus.

Never by the look of it.

People seemed to be holding out hope HHH would be better it's not looking like that at all these days.

What was it Punk said in his shoot promo 9 years ago tonight about Vince?

Not saying Punk had some sort of clairvoynace. But those comments now seem to be bang on the money unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Even if hhh, Stephanie other execs are trying to talk Vince out of stuff lets face it he’d just ignore them anyway

All decisions are made by him and he’s fully to blame for this absolute mess

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

9600 new cases in Florida today.

Exponential growth on full display there. New York's worse day was 11,000 new cases. Florida going to blow right past that in the next day or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,101 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

After seeing pics of Braun, Iconics and Zelina out in bars on social media I can't say I'd have too much sympathy for them if they caught it.

But they're young and in peak fitness, they don't give a toss because they'll be fine more or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,405 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

J. Marston wrote: »
    After seeing pics of Braun, Iconics and Zelina out in bars on social media I can't say I'd have too much sympathy for them if they caught it.

But they're young and in peak fitness, they don't give a toss because they'll be fine more or less.

Wasn't that for billie Kay's birthday ? Yeah I mean WWE have obviously not handled this well or even close to well but the superstars are adults and also need to be responsible.

Well Low-Ki is............

"Respect is a two-way street. I respect your right to remain ignorant, be ruled by fear and not by logic or intelligence, wear a mask, 'social distance' that ultimately harms your health now and, in the future, provided I do not pay for your bad decisions.

"I respect my own health enough to expose my immune system to the world by shaking hands and embracing people as we have for thousands of years to build our immune systems to fight against disease now and in the future.

"You have zero right to tell me that I must wear a mask, take a vaccine, or 'social distance' from others who also choose no to do these things. Life is about choices and in the information age, ignorance is a choice. I choose not to be ignorant."

https://twitter.com/OneWorldWarrior/status/1276898272410513408?s=20

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Same issue is raising it's head here today as well.

CMO mentions there has been cases with a large number of close contacts in recent days.

"High levels of compliance to public health advice to date has enabled further reopening of economic and social life.

"However, of the 23 cases reported today, 10 cases (43%) are in younger adults aged under 35 years. A further 8 cases (35%) are in those aged between 35-54.

"This is now a real concern and a worrying trend at a time when many people are reconnecting with friends and loved ones and may be gathering in larger groups.

"In recent days, for example, some cases have had large numbers of close contacts that have required testing and self-isolation for 14 days.

"COVID-19 is an infection that affects all ages and it is incumbent on all of us to take our individual responsibility seriously.

"I cannot emphasise enough how important it is to remain informed, keep a 2 metre distance from others and follow the public health advice on hand washing, cough and sneeze hygiene, and wearing face coverings."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Bet ya if Vince offered that piece of garbage a whopping contract to wrestle in the covid-ridden PC he'd run a mile

Even Zach Ryder posting this today after all these cases the last few days and you’d assume he’s with Chelsea

https://twitter.com/themattcardona/status/1276950812242165760?s=21

Well Zac is unemployed nowhere better to be than the beach having a few cold ones as it legal to be there and the tables look 2 meters apart.

Kevin really seems like one of the good ones

https://twitter.com/FightOwensFight/status/1277393924852678656?s=20

Vince's net worth has increased by 10% since the start of the pandemic.
    WWE Chairman Vince McMahon has seen his net worth increase during the coronavirus pandemic, according to an analysis comparing data from Forbes' Billionaires List and Forbes' real-time billionaire estimates.

Per Kaitlyn Krasselt of the Middletown Press, McMahon is currently worth $1.98 billion, which is up nearly 10 percent from where he stood before the pandemic.

In addition to his leading role in WWE, McMahon owned the XFL, but he declared bankruptcy and folded the football league in March when COVID-19 forced him to cut the season short.

Although coronavirus has had a hugely negative impact on most sports and entertainment industries, WWE hasn't been hit quite as hard. Although the company has been unable to run shows with fans, it has still produced weekly television shows and pay-per-view events from the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida.

On the strength of its massive television deals with Fox and NBC Universal for SmackDown and Raw, respectively, WWE reported strong earnings for the first quarter of 2020. WWE reported $291.0 million in revenue and $26.2 million in net income.

WWE came under fire for the decision to make some cuts following WrestleMania 36 in April. WWE released several in-ring performers from their contracts and furloughed employees across multiple departments.

While the move may not have been great from a public relations standpoint, it didn't hamper WWE in terms of remaining profitable during a difficult time for most businesses.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2898238-vince-mcmahons-net-worth-ziggler-talks-raw-trade-charlotte-injury-update

• Advertisement

Rusev has Covid-19.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Rusev has Covid-19.

Caught it on Rusev day as well. Poor guy.

Florida had a 24.6% increase in Covid-19 cases yesterday, blowing past the 12,274 in New York on April 4, by 3,026.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,101 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Florida must be one dirty state.

If Rusev has it and Lana's parents have it then there's a fair chance Lana has/had it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,778 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Can imagine Vince hearing Moxley is AEW champ and Fyter Fest coming up "Renee, come back to the PC, you'll be grand" then hearing Rusev may be going to Impact Slammiversary "Lana, have you met Renee here?"

Florida must be one dirty state.

If Rusev has it and Lana's parents have it then there's a fair chance Lana has/had it.

A Republican state, I'm not surprised they are where they are right now.

Kevin Owens confirms it was him who confronted Vince about the the not wearing masks issue.

If you needed another reason to like and respect Owens.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,778 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Remember a time when you would never picture Owens being in a position to confront Vince?

Though wonder why he came back.

I will picture the meeting like this.

What do you mean you don't believe Dr Fauci.

Tell your staff to wear masks you crazy out of touch old man.

source.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,753 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Remember a time when you would never picture Owens being in a position to confront Vince?

Though wonder why he came back.

Good on KO but he may be safer for him and his family staying away

Advertisement