Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

WWE and Coronavirus news

2456

Comments



  • JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    What age is Vince, he should be cocooning

    He's mid seventies.




  • Raw is taped for this week? How much have they taped now?




  • Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned multiple people in WWE who have been at the Performance Center tested positive for COVID-19 this week, including in-ring talent.

    While it’s unclear when they were tested exactly, or how many of them were for wrestlers, sources tell us at least three people who had been at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando received positive test results this week.

    Our sources say more testing will now be done by WWE’s medical team before this week’s TV production to make sure the virus has not spread amongst talent/behind the scenes workers.

    As we previously reported, a developmental talent tested positive for COVID-19 causing production to shut down for a day last week. Everyone who had been in the building was then tested and each person who received a positive test was able to resume filming content at the Performance Center. It’s unclear if these results are related to that round of testing or if additional testing was done.

    According to the Associated Press, the single day count of new confirmed coronavirus cases in Florida went up to 5,500 people on Wednesday. This is triple the level from two weeks ago.




  • Said in aew thread I just can’t see this not happening constantly if the company’s keep taping and how many new cases there are in Florida each day




  • Florida’s numbers are horrific and getting worse.


  • Advertisement


  • The virus is out of control in Florida now. They will do well to keep the show on the road




  • If WWE and AEW are still taping in ten days given how nuts the number of cases in Florida are getting and given there are WWE and AEW married couples which may unknowingly pass on the virus




  • Itssoeasy wrote: »
    If WWE and AEW are still taping in ten days given how nuts the number of cases in Florida are getting and given there are WWE and AEW married couples which may unknowingly pass on the virus

    Given that AEW has said Moxley is not attending shows due to second hand contact with someone who has tested positive, I’m shocked they aren’t speculating more about who has tested positive.




  • The show goes on.

    "Put them in hazmat suits DAMMIT!"




  • Meltzer

    COVID-19 has opened a pandora's box within the pro wrestling industry between what appears to be an outbreak of some sort in WWE, talent removed from tonight's AEW tapings, and travel restrictions that theoretically affect plans for both companies when it comes to future tapings in Florida.

    The biggest story is that New York Governor Andrew Cuomo, New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy, and Connecticut Governor Ned Lamont have placed travel restrictions on people flying into those three states from states that have high current COVID-19 outbreaks.

    Florida is one of the states, which essentially on paper would mean that when this goes into effect tomorrow, that anyone who flies from Florida into those three states would have to be quarantined for two weeks after arrival.

    This greatly affects both WWE and AEW, which tape in Florida. AEW has a number of talents that live in the Northeast. WWE has its entire executive branch living in those three states.

    Sources at AEW have said that they will try to be able to get around that because their talent will be tested at every trip. But they were not clear if they know if that will make a difference or not. WWE has not responded officially but talent has said that they have been told WWE will be testing at every taping going forward.

    AEW had already pulled Jon Moxley and QT Marshall from the show tonight because each had been in contact over the past week with someone who later tested positive for COVID. Moxley actually made the decision himself knowing it was not worth the risk to the locker room.

    In the case of Marshall, it was having contact with someone who is not related to the wrestling business. While AEW did not announce this publicly, as a precautionary measure, none of Marshall's students, who have been fans in the stands and some of whom are under contract as wrestlers, were brought to tonight's tapings. In specific, contracted wrestlers Anna Jay, Lee Johnson, and Alan Angels are also not at the tapings due to precautionary measures. To the best of our knowledge, no AEW talent itself has tested positive.

    Moxley was in contact with somebody in Nevada, where he lives, who has tested positive.

    In a related issue, Ryan Satin of Pro Wrestling Sheet reported that multiple people -- including in-ring talent -- at WWE that were at this past tapings in Orlando had tested positive. Multiple sources in WWE have confirmed that as accurate although WWE has not officially said anything nor released any names. Satin used the number as three or more. We were only told multiple people which included in-ring talent. This does affect at least one person if not more scheduled for the tapings on Friday and Saturday in Orlando for two weeks of Raw and SmackDown, which at this point are not canceled.

    One WWE talent noted that they were told COVID-19 testing will now take place at every taping and that "we're expected to isolate," and stay in their rooms or homes at this point. One person said that they have been told they will be tested twice this week. Those in Orlando today were given a two-hour heads up for a mandatory test.


  • Advertisement


  • I've just seen a clip from CNN from palm beach county Florida because there has been a mask mandate put in place and sweet jaysus the people criticising the decision are saying the science is wrong, a female doctor isn't an actual doctor and needs to go back to school, it's the medias fault etc. Is it any wonder the United States is the way it is ?




  • Workplaces the world over: "Shut everything down to prevent exposure"
    AEW and WWE: "Someone's sick? Sure just put them in the corner and carry on"

    I can see more and more pulling out. Maybe get rid of the fans again? I'm sure guys like Andrade and Crews don't want to risk their new spots




  • CastorTroy wrote: »
    Workplaces the world over: "Shut everything down to prevent exposure"
    AEW and WWE: "Someone's sick? Sure just put them in the corner and carry on"

    I can see more and more pulling out. Maybe get rid of the fans again? I'm sure guys like Andrade and Crews don't want to risk their new spots

    If I was Seth I'd be saying "good luck and thanks lads and see ye next year"




  • And if he isn't dong that, Becky should be going full Irish Mammy and telling him to do it. Wooden spoon optional. Going to the drawer, at least, is necessary.




  • Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I've just seen a clip from CNN from palm beach county Florida because there has been a mask mandate put in place and sweet jaysus the people criticising the decision are saying the science is wrong, a female doctor isn't an actual doctor and needs to go back to school, it's the medias fault etc. Is it any wonder the United States is the way it is ?

    We live in a very weird world.




  • You can even see mini breakouts of corona in the pga tour last few days

    Really hope both shut down till it’s safe I know they won’t at all




  • sky88 wrote: »
    You can even see mini breakouts of corona in the pga tour last few days

    Really hope both shut down till it’s safe I know they won’t at all

    A second wave is feared.




  • A second wave is feared.

    Can’t have a second wave if the first never ends.

    *taps forehead*




  • Lord TSC wrote: »
    Can’t have a second wave if the first never ends.

    *taps forehead*

    This statement is not just semantics when it comes to a disease that spreads non-linearly; i.e., if you have ~10,000 cases in one community, and ~1,000 cases in another, the former is MORE than 10 times more risky than the latter.

    In other words, there's no such thing as "good enough" - crushing the first wave (which the USA absolutely has not done) is crucial before any talk of re-opening the economy should be tolerated.




  • Meltzer is reporting(take with required amount of salt) but it may be in the two dozen range within WWE. I mean sweat Jesus you'd wonder at times lads how vince became a billionaire. I wouldn't mind watching old Raws or a nitro for a few weeks.


  • Advertisement


  • Florida is in serious trouble at the moment so not surprising really. "Congratulations NXT superstars you've just been promoted to the main roster. Report to the Performance Center tomorrow for two days of close contact".




  • As some of the replies to that tweet say, that narrows it down to 2020




  • Pentecost wrote: »
    Florida is in serious trouble at the moment so not surprising really. "Congratulations NXT superstars you've just been promoted to the main roster. Report to the Performance Center tomorrow for two days of close contact".
    The way things are going in Florida Vince will end up resorting to a SummerSlam card comprising of the friends and families wrestling in the ring








  • Meltzer posted at about 1am that WWE still hadn’t released an internal statement to staff about th results.

    Mia Yim apparently found out the news when her Twitch chat told her during a stream....




  • Lord TSC wrote: »
    Meltzer posted at about 1am that WWE still hadn’t released an internal statement to staff about th results.

    Mia Yim apparently found out the news when her Twitch chat told her during a stream....

    That's twice now then that mia yim has found out about positives covid-19 cases in WWE online.




  • Can we start conspiracy theories now about how Vince is using biological warfare against AEW? Get Renee infected to get their champ out of the picture.
    She's been home most of the time, hasn't she? Think was around backlash that she came back for 1 or 2 appearances. Yet Charly seems grand interacting with everyone


  • Advertisement


  • CastorTroy wrote: »
    Can we start conspiracy theories now about how Vince is using biological warfare against AEW? Get Renee infected to get their champ out of the picture.
    She's been home most of the time, hasn't she? Think was around backlash that she came back for 1 or 2 appearances. Yet Charly seems grand interacting with everyone

    Chaz may have had it already so she may feel safer, rightly or wrongly. She fit the profile of the first reported positive test.


Advertisement