Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

So right on cue, fifa content is really fun and rewarding, Jamie fut economist back tweeting, new notes on how the servers are going to be much better......classic ea :)

A month or so of non stop packing special cards and the last 8 months or so are quickly forgotten.

https://twitter.com/eafifadirect/status/1274105219945648128?s=21

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Club legend..but it's time to move on...

Mendy1.jpg

Welcome to the club sir...

Mendy2.jpg

Can we have a moments silence for our fallen brothers 85 and 87 Mendy who went into the Ndombele SBC!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Club legend? Hardly lol

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Hogey007 wrote: »
    So right on cue, fifa content is really fun and rewarding, Jamie fut economist back tweeting, new notes on how the servers are going to be much better......classic ea :)

A month or so of non stop packing special cards and the last 8 months or so are quickly forgotten.

https://twitter.com/eafifadirect/status/1274105219945648128?s=21

Cex paying 16 euro cash/ 20 store credit if any of you are interested ;) That was in Cork.

Sure why would you sell it now after all this extra work on servers just at the end of the game lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,414 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Liamalone wrote: »
    Club legend? Hardly lol

Hey you. 89 Mendy is a club legend.
    My 89 version has played 8 games with 8 goals and 8 assists.
    He’ll never be forgotten.
    He has served me well :)

• Advertisement

Club legend? Hardly lol
    Blazer wrote: »
    Hey you. 89 Mendy is a club legend.
    My 89 version has played 8 games with 8 goals and 8 assists.
    He’ll never be forgotten.
    He has served me well :)

For the weight of expectation on his shoulders, he's come through with flying coulours, best CAM the club has ever had :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Mr Moon wrote: »
    For the weight of expectation on his shoulders, he's come through with flying coulours, best CAM the club has ever had :pac::pac:

In division 10 lol :)

Try it in Fut Champions now and report back on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

8-6 on WL.

I was 2-0 up on one game. Game disconnected and I was awarded a loss. Infuriating. Encountered a lot of lag as well, hate playing on Fridays.

Had a few nice wins though. One game I scored two in the 90min to level it up to force extra time and went on to win it. Same with another game, 2 down but scored in the 81st and 90 and demolished him in extra time. Both games I would have lost before but having TOTSSF Mbappe and Lewandowski means you're always in with a shout. Pozuelo is a class card too, have him playing behind them.

Playing a 3-5-2 for a change. Starting to get the hang of it again. Will play the rest on Sunday, should get the 14 at least.

wonski wrote: »
    In division 10 lol :)

Try it in Fut Champions now and report back on Monday

He’s still do it.
    Inception did a review on his 93 and said it was
    a fantastic card and could play anywhere across the pitch.

Blazer wrote: »
    He’s still do it.
    Inception did a review on his 93 and said it was
    a fantastic card and could play anywhere across the pitch.

All hail Lord Inception :p

I can only imagine, I was sad to retire the 85 Mendy yesterday after 400 odd games, a great sub to bring on at CDM to close out games. He never complained once. He even cloned himself near the end of his time lol.

• Advertisement

All hail Lord Inception :p

I can only imagine, I was sad to retire the 85 Mendy yesterday after 400 odd games, a great sub to bring on at CDM to close out games. He never complained once. He even cloned himself near the end of his time lol.

He's the 6 million dollar man.
    We can rebuild him, make him better, stronger, faster. :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm wondering if it's possibly profitable to run through some league SBCs right now, given the sheer number of special cards available and the fact overall prices are so low.

Only need 4 more wins with a mendy assist for the 93 version.
    Found it much easier than I was expecting (watch me take an eternity now for the last 4)

I think having the futmas mendy helped so much because it got me ahead of the crowd, I’m mostly playing people now with 85 or 87 mendy who don’t really care if they win.
    Once everyone starts reaching the 89 mendy and needs the win, the sweatiness starts!

That was easy, got the 4 extra wins in 5 matches.

2 of them had 85 mendy and were doing the rubber band thing so brought serie a players off the bench and got some of the keisse objectives done too.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'm wondering if it's possibly profitable to run through some league SBCs right now, given the sheer number of special cards available and the fact overall prices are so low.

Oh 100%, take the conmebal sudamerica, 70k from scratch, you get a 90 rated Argentinian tots striker (easy to link Argentinians in sbc’s)

The cheapest 90 rated on market is 55k so all you need is 15k from the packs and you’ve broke even.
    Just use the player in an sbc.

Also, all 84’s and 85’s are selling for a lot higher now with the ndombele, perisic sbc’s etc so if you even pull a couple of 84’s or 85’s you’d make nice profit :)

Edit: the conmebal ones can be a pain trying to filter to find the players, the csl is only 90k and has a 90 rated dembele too.
    Or saudi league 115.
    Mls 150k with 90 rated player but you get back 24 packs there.

Edit: the conmebal ones can be a pain trying to filter to find the players, the csl is only 90k and has a 90 rated dembele too.
    Or saudi league 115.
    Mls 150k with 90 rated player but you get back 24 packs there.

I've run through the Conmebal ones a few times, thanks to BPM. You can get 90% of the cards for "nothing" that way.

I'm currently cycling all the useless bronze and silvers into the upgraded upgrade SBCs. I had about 100 Romanian League silver players who had no value otherwise :pac:

Had 7 teams left in the Dutch league, did them for about 10k loss, but got the Berghuis, who is great SBC fodder long term. Feel thats where the real benefit would be anyway; getting a 90+ rated player at the end to pump into one or two SBCs in the next few weeks.

Looks like the "profitable" ones are the lower league ones, rather than the likes of the top leagues with their "45k to finish Shefield United" situations...

Mendy takes corner, Ronaldo heads it into the net deep into injury time - the last Mendy assist with his 87.

Didn't register for objective :( I thought corners counted, no?

Mendy takes corner, Ronaldo heads it into the net deep into injury time - the last Mendy assist with his 87.

Didn't register for objective :( I thought corners counted, no?

don't forget you can do low driven crosses as well.. all counts, Corners don't though as they're classed as free kicks.

Actually having fun doing rivals this week.

As well as going for Mendy, I’m bringing SMS and Lukaku on to do Kessie too, so it’s great playing without NEEDING to win, but knowing. I’m on track to get two top players too.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Actually having fun doing rivals this week.

As well as going for Mendy, I’m bringing SMS and Lukaku on to do Kessie too, so it’s great playing without NEEDING to win, but knowing. I’m on track to get two top players too.

Completely agree. I got mendy much quicker than I thought I would, his 89 is just so good at cam it doesn’t feel like you’re using a lb there.

But I enjoyed that I could just dip in and out, I didn’t feel obliged to play 10 games Friday, 10 Saturday morning as I do with wl.

Same as you, was doing keisse a little too, only need 2 more wins and a couple more serie a goals.
    But I’m just enjoying playing a game here and there without “having” to play x amount.

I also think the objective requirements are very fair, there’s nothing too tricky like “score a header in a win”, hardest part of mendy for me was the crosses but as didn’t require the win just spammed it and got the 3 in 5 matches I think, maybe 6.

Got Raul from the prime icon pack, not the worst, was hoping for Butra when I saw the flag!!

• Advertisement

Enjoy the last 4 hours or fifa before a 92/93 rated Ryan Kent gets unleashed on us all!

If you plan on completing, grab a high rated English player now, can’t see them using an spfl requirement as players are too low

Ps. I voted for jovic but not a hope anyone but Kent wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Ridiculous as well, Kent has had an awful year for Rangers.

Ridiculous as well, Kent has had an awful year for Rangers.

The entire gimmick of this event is “you guys liked these special cards, and we never got a legit reason to give you better versions, so here you go!” So I guess Kent fits that.

Not sure what Futties will be then though.

Anyway, I’ll throw Shearer into him, cause the guy is never going to get a game for me...

Harry maguire 86 otw is a great shout for it.
    Easily got at 20k.
    The cheapest 85 English player is vardy and he’s at 22k.
    Cbs always do well in sbc’s too if high chem is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Hogey007 wrote:
    If you plan on completing, grab a high rated English player now, can’t see them using an spfl requirement as players are too low

What kind of price range you reckon they'l make him? I'd say very high. I've a duplicate sancho ready for it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Harry maguire 86 otw is a great shout for it.
    Easily got at 20k.
    The cheapest 85 English player is vardy and he’s at 22k.
    Cbs always do well in sbc’s too if high chem is needed.

Was about to post that too... his SIF is 36k too, so his OTW should rise naturally anyway. 86 Sancho also a decent shout at 20k.

Lenny17123 wrote: »
    What kind of price range you reckon they'l make him? I'd say very high. I've a duplicate sancho ready for it anyway

I’d guess at an 87 rated squad, just over 200kish.
    But could easily be 88 either.

It’s hard to know whether they’ll want to make him easy to get to keep people engaged or if they’ll price him high in order to entice people to buy packs to try get more fodder.

They’ve also just updated the price range on 84’s and 85’s,

This suggest it could be multiple smaller squads, say, 1 x 84, 1 x 85 and 1 x 86

https://twitter.com/futspy/status/1274341329217167364?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Hogey007 wrote:
    They’ve also just updated the price range on 84’s and 85’s,

Hogey007 wrote:
    This suggest it could be multiple smaller squads, say, 1 x 84, 1 x 85 and 1 x 86

Maybe pick up a Liverpool player or two so as they might do an English requirement and a Liverpool one in separate squads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Got Kessie done, now back to the Mendy grind but a bit of a struggle as my French players are not the best.

Spent some time opening packs trying to net some high rated players to do the Perisic SBC - nothing spectacular but got TOTW’s Anderson Talisca 85 and Kolorov 86, McGuire OTW 86, Ter Stegen 90 and Giminez 85 to help with it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement