Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunshaughlin

• 13-01-2020 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi, looking for some advice on new developments in Dunshaughlin.

We have viewed both The Willows & Dun Rioga, The Willows is our fave but both times we've been down we've been told 2 completely different stories by the auctioneer. The most recent story was that the final phase of houses will be released in September with only 'a few' 4 beds and that they are not building as many 4 beds as they are not as popular as the 3 beds.

Dun Rioga told us late last year it was virtually all sold out.

Has anyone any knowledge of what's going on with either developments? And are prices negotiable on new builds?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Archiebello

These days, any new developments seem to have a take it or leave it attitude when it comes to prices unfortunately.
    Regards Dun Rioga, they seem to have a launch this weekend. The first phase on the GAA ground side of the Drumree Rd seems to be mostly occupied now. There seems to be about 70 or so houses going up across the road. Not sure how many of these have been booked already.
    The Willows forms part of a large scale Site on the Dublin Rd. GEM (the builders) have previously said they intend to be building there for a number of years all going well. There could be some truth in the agent telling you they are scaling back on larger houses. A lot of the detached houses in the new estates are slower to move due to the prices.
    I would it a bit dubious if they,re were referring specifically to 4 bed semis, these seem to selling quick enough round here.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,677 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I think a chunk of Dun Rioga has been sold for social housing?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Conrad83

Gonzo wrote: »
    I think a chunk of Dun Rioga has been sold for social housing?

I had heard this somewhere else so will need to ask the EA. Is there not an aspect of social housing in all new developments?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 SM24308

Can I ask where wother of you heard this? I have bought in Dun Ríoga and there has no been mention of this and no block sale of houses which would suggest social housing. There are 6 social houses in phase 2, as per government requirements

SM24308 wrote: »
    Can I ask where wother of you heard this? I have bought in Dun Ríoga and there has no been mention of this and no block sale of houses which would suggest social housing. There are 6 social houses in phase 2, as per government requirements

I think I read it on Boards somewhere as a reason that Dun Rioga may have been selling a bit 'slower'. We are interested in purchasing a 4 bed in the next phase but finding it hard to get info out of agents on when they will be released, how many are left etc. They are selling off the 3 beds first.

• Advertisement

How are you finding Dun Rioga?

Conrad83 wrote: »

We're actually moving in soon, we bought in phase 2 and should be snagging this month. Phase 2 is sold out, I was speaking to estate agent on Saturday and he said they will be selling the only 4 bed left in the next few weeks, it's in phase 1.

There is going to be a third phase built though behind phase 1. Not sure how big buy the land has been zoned for housing and Castlethorn have purchased it

We're actually moving in soon, we bought in phase 2 and should be snagging this month. Phase 2 is sold out, I was speaking to estate agent on Saturday and he said they will be selling the only 4 bed left in the next few weeks, it's in phase 1.

There is going to be a third phase built though behind phase 1. Not sure how big buy the land has been zoned for housing and Castlethorn have purchased it

That's a different story to what we were told when we were down a few weeks ago. We were told there are more 4 beds being sold in the next phase but it will be Spring sometime, possibly April. We have been down to The Willows and Dun Rioga about 4 or 5 times since October and honestly get told a different story every single time. So frustrating! Suppose they can only go by what info the builders give them.

That's a different story to what we were told when we were down a few weeks ago. We were told there are more 4 beds being sold in the next phase but it will be Spring sometime, possibly April. We have been down to The Willows and Dun Rioga about 4 or 5 times since October and honestly get told a different story every single time. So frustrating! Suppose they can only go by what info the builders give them.

Sorry maybe I wasn't clear. There is only one 4 bed left in phase 1 and 2. But the next phase which hasn't even been announced yet will probably have 4 beds, I'd imagine that's what they meant. If you're down there again speak to Rob in the sales office, he's brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Mimi1980

We are thinking of buying in Dunshaughlin, Co Meath. Probably The Willows.
    Did anyone manage to negotiate the price on the properties?
    Anyone else worried that is will be so noisy all the time as the plan is to build 900+ houses.
    Would you recommend this place to live?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Mimi1980 wrote: »
    Anyone else worried that is will be so noisy all the time as the plan is to build 900+ houses.

I doubt it but there is no harm in trying.

They are building in phases so it doesnt really be on top of you . Of course there will be noise from trucks etc but when you move they have finished in your phase and moved to the next.

Yes I like it here.

Mimi1980 wrote: »

We have also bought in the Willows and there was no entertaining any sort of a price reduction whatsoever. EA basically laughed at me. Said new builds are not seeing any price falls only 2nd hand houses and so far only the overpriced ones in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mimi1980

We have also bought in the Willows and there was no entertaining any sort of a price reduction whatsoever. EA basically laughed at me. Said new builds are not seeing any price falls only 2nd hand houses and so far only the overpriced ones in Dublin.
    Congratulation! Houses are really beautiful! When are you planing to move in? Are many 3 bedroom houses left? Any other advices you might have :-)? I think we will try to arrange viewing this month. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Ladybug14

I’m interested in next phase in the willows.

Does anyone know how much the 2 beds went for?? Are they very small??
    The houses to the front are red brick but a yellow coloured brick towards the back of the estate, is there a difference in the houses?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 8,176 ✭✭✭ongarite

2 beds started from 285K. Think they are all gone.
    They are mid-terrace, 93sqm.

The local auctioneer, Dillon Auctioneers, would know if more are coming in next phase.

Ladybug14 wrote: »
    I’m interested in next phase in the willows.

Does anyone know how much the 2 beds went for?? Are they very small??
    The houses to the front are red brick but a yellow coloured brick towards the back of the estate, is there a difference in the houses?

Thanks in advance

Yes there are difference with layout and the also the inside finishing. Things like shower doors ,mirrors etc. I dont know the exact differeneces but have heard people saying its different.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 conal08

I was wondering about The Willows development and the proximity to bus services into and out of Dublin. From what I can see on Google Maps (Street View from 2019) there is no footpath toward the bus stop just 6 minutes south of the development. Has this changed in recent times or is there a stop closer to the development itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

conal08 wrote: »
    I was wondering about The Willows development and the proximity to bus services into and out of Dublin. From what I can see on Google Maps (Street View from 2019) there is no footpath toward the bus stop just 6 minutes south of the development. Has this changed in recent times or is there a stop closer to the development itself?

There's paths right into the village now, lots of work done recently, including a walking/cycling Lane up to the industrial estate.

Edit - not sure if you're talking about the bus stop at the industrial estate or there's another past the petrol station towards the old workhouse - there's nothing at the later.

Hi everyone, I’m looking at buying in the next phase of the willows. I believe there’s a huge waiting list for houses. Has there been much of a price difference between phases?? My fear is the price flying up!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 sanarac

800 interested in phase 2 willows and think they will sell fast
    Summerseat Clonee has 3 bedroom available on website

Thanks Sanarac. I’m hoping I’m on that list

• Registered Users Posts: 8,176 ✭✭✭ongarite

Summerseat is a bit of an odd development.
    They are selling new old stock as new units.
    They are selling B-rated apartments, houses in 2020/21 when technically they should be A2 BER.

They can get away with this as development started during Celtic Tiger crash and was left derelict for 6-7 years so only need to be built to standard required at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 kavo89

Does anybody know if there is any plans for new developments, apart from next phases that are planned on current developments.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Waesfjord

kavo89 wrote: »
    Does anybody know if there is any plans for new developments, apart from next phases that are planned on current developments.

Best to check Meath county council interactive planning map, that’ll show what’s submitted and approved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Benny_1002

Hi all, interested in buying in the next phase in The Willows, anyone know when the next release will be ? Can’t get much info. from either Dillon or Hooke&MacDonald. Does anyone know is there a huge waiting list ? What were the prices like in the last release for a 3-bed semi detached?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭Justin10

3 bed where from 395 up to 425 I believe.

Waiting list is quite extensive I believe. I'd get in touch with Hooke and McDonald more so then Dillions

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Benny_1002

Hi Justin, thanks for your reply. Just wondering, how do you know what the prices were, have you bought yourself in the area ? If so, was this during the last release ? Could you tell me when they had the last release and whether you know anything about any future releases? Both Hooke & Dillon’s haven’t been giving me much info. re the next release.

New Release of three bedroom houses now available. Open viewings take place Thursday, Sept 29, 4-5pm and Saturday, 1st October 10-11am.

https://thewillows.ie/location/?fbclid=IwAR2Bi_JrH3RD22IMFT-2AM_c2l2bQz3agBvXWiToNC1aeJf8ePB01-5ZJlw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 erene

Hi all,

We are planning to move to the Willows in Dunshaughlin or Ashbourne. Do you have any pros and cons living in the Willows estate as it is our priority. Do you know when the construction of the creche and primary school start? Also, is there any construction of a new park which is on the development plan?

We have 2 years old. We are moving from Dublin. Ashbourne is also in our list as it offers more in terms of creches, primary schoos, GPs and retail shops etcs

any advice would be appreciated

Advertisement