Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunshaughlin

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Archiebello

Apparently the park at The Willows is to be completed as part of the next phase. Their is a playground in phase 1 and another one to be opened shortly in the most recently completed phase.

Pros:

Well designed paths through the development for walking/ cycling.

Bus stop at front of estate

Amenities are being provided nearby, primary and secondary school under construction, soccer club with walking track.

Cons:

distance from village centre, 15 minute walk.

The primary school, Dunshaughlin CNS is already open in temporary prefab buildings at the GAA club on the Drumree rd end of the village. Not sure when their permanent campus at The Willows is due for completion. If you contact the school directly they should be able to give you a timeframe. There was a shortage of primary school places in Ashbourne a few years ago in all schools except the Gaelscoil. Not sure if that is now resolved?

I'm not aware of when the creche is due to open but hear a lot of people having difficulty getting creche places locally. You may need to look for childcare closer to your workplace.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ebruren

we ended up moving to the Willows. Hope the construction of the primary school and the creche will begin soon. and a coffee shop and supermarket in the estate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭farhankn

How do you feel so far?

We have booked an apartment and is worried about the connectivity to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Andrew93

Quick question. Anyone that has bought in the willows, what broadband services are available? We should be snagging in the coming weeks and trying to get a head start on what provider to look at deals with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

• Advertisement

Looking at getting the sky tv and braodband package so thanks for letting me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

No problem! I’m in the middle of the village but have relatives who moved to Willows within the last 2 years. Was initially an issue with internet but they’ve gone with Sky and haven’t looked back. There was a good deal at the start of the year (we got it too) : €35 for sky Q with basic channels and 500mb broadband, going up to €65 after 12 months but it’s a 12 month contract so can cancel if they can’t honour the price for the following year. Happy so far.

Good luck with the new home!

That was a really good offer. The one I am looking at is 59 a month with Sky Q basic channels and 1GB broadband. Both work from home and I game so wanted the better internet. Am happy to go ahead with that one as it seems to be the cheapest I can find.

Advertisement