Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW30+ Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

manual_man wrote: »
    Mahrez and Mané? Or Sterling and Pepe? On FH

Had the same dilemma. With Sane back, there'll be fierce competition for the City midfield so I've gone for Laporte instead. My only punt is Saka now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,601 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Back tooling around with squad once again - am still planning on BB but moving away from full squad of DGWers. Other than Grealish, 3 x Sheffield Utd and KDB it’s a bit of a minefield tbh.

Have a lot of money tied up in TAA and Mane, and Wolves fixtures are appealing :confused:

Will keep fluting about for a bit anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Reece James trained today so would be worried about Alonso starting.

Shame
    I still have my FH team set up with Pepe in it
    But I am just not convinced by him
    I am considering downgrading him altogether
    And going with a one week striker punt up front.
    Abraham perhaps .......or Rashford but he has a much trickier fixture and may not play 90
    And then I am also considering whether to stick with TAA or go with another one week punt. Alonso or Doherty
    Would leave a lot of unspent cash in the bank but so what . I guess I can upgrade my bench of burton greenwood kelly and kilman just in case :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,481 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

km79 wrote: »
    Shame
    I still have my FH team set up with Pepe in it
    But I am just not convinced by him
    I am considering downgrading him altogether
    And going with a one week striker punt up front.
    Abraham perhaps .......or Rashford but he has a much trickier fixture and may not play 90
    And then I am also considering whether to stick with TAA or go with another one week punt. Alonso or Doherty
    Would leave a lot of unspent cash in the bank but so what . I guess I can upgrade my bench of burton greenwood kelly and kilman just in case :D

Yeah im looking at Abraham now too or Pukki maybe. The 4th mid position is troubling me, have KDB, Sterling, Grealish so far. Not convinced that Sterling is worth the extra outlay over Mahrez. And not convinced on Pepe either. A single gameweeker like Fernandes could be a better option, pity about their fixture though.

Fleck is an option actually instead of treble Sheffield defence. Hmmm

• Advertisement

Henderson
    TAA Doherty Stevens
    KDB Sterling Grealish Fleck
    Aguero Auba Abraham

Leno + double Blades would probably make more sense but not sure I want any Arsenal defence. Having both Trent and Doherty excites me...cue 2 one pointers!

Fleck is an option actually instead of treble Sheffield defence. Hmmm

That’s who I have
    He is an itch ive been waiting to scratch
    I’ve switched Leno into goals and gone with O Connell and Egan as apparently both Defences they face give up a lot of set piece chances

Henderson
    TAA Doherty Stevens
    KDB Sterling Grealish Fleck
    Aguero Auba Abraham

Leno + double Blades would probably make more sense but not sure I want any Arsenal defence. Having both Trent and Doherty excites me...cue 2 one pointers!

Well we are very similar again ..........
    I have almost the same in mind .
    Question is do I go with Leno in goals , double blades CB and one of TAA or Doherty (I really really wanted to go for alonso but can’t risk it I suppose )
    Or both TaA and Doherty as you have done and ignore arsenal Defence . I am not against it .
    And then pick a SGW Striker as I have also dismissed going for Pepe
    Abraham, Pukki or Rashford

The advantage I can see for Leno is save points, especially against City whereas Henderson will be up against two of the poorest attacks in the league. Think I'm convincing myself.

The advantage I can see for Leno is save points, especially against City whereas Henderson will be up against two of the poorest attacks in the league. Think I'm convincing myself.

We a re once again slowly moving towards the same team
    That is why I have him in my team :D
    Now choose between Doherty and TAA
    and pick me a striker:D

I swore I would never again be forced to watch a Liverpool game without TAA in my FF team. It is a scary place to be. His ceiling is so high

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    We a re once again slowly moving towards the same team
    That is why I have him in my team :D
    Now choose between Doherty and TAA
    and pick me a striker:D

I swore I would never again be forced to watch a Liverpool game without TAA in my FF team. It is a scary place to be. His ceiling is so high

https://twitter.com/BigManBakar/status/1271509702522875905?s=19

Think I'm sold on Abraham now!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

Pope-Henderson
    Azpilicueta, Soyuncu, Fernandez, Stevens, OConnell
    Salah, De Bruyne, Son, Traore, Mount,
    Cal-Lewin, Vardy, Jota.

Would love another another City player or two but difficult to garantee who Pep will go with.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭daheff

Icaras wrote: »
    Would love another another City player or two but difficult to garantee who Pep will go with.

Not just Pep. Form is gone out the window....no preseason games to properly judge teams by....no idea which players have come out of lockdown in a good shape .going to be very hard to pick a team for the first 2 or 3 games I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Only really properly looking at the team now and dont think I'll go with the bench boost. Arsenal and Citeh, there's no telling what teams will come out.

Still have 3 of them though at the moment lol

Just cant get a good enough team for a bench boost this week without taking out the people I want to keep or people I'd lose too much value in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭skippy15

Coming close to the team I want- BB and Wc 31/32-

Leno Reina
    TAA Laporte O Connel Egan Lascelles
    Grealish Mane KDB Fleck Saka
    Aguero Auba Samatta

Gives me 12 DGW and TAA Mane Lascelles,
    Saka a risk but at that price seems worth it, Fleck and Samatte DGW only couldnt decide on City mid but with 5 subs going be super rotation,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Dearg81

skippy15 wrote: »
    Coming close to the team I want- BB and Wc 31/32-

Leno Reina
    TAA Laporte O Connel Egan Lascelles
    Grealish Mane KDB Fleck Saka
    Aguero Auba Samatta

Gives me 12 DGW and TAA Mane Lascelles,
    Saka a risk but at that price seems worth it, Fleck and Samatte DGW only couldnt decide on City mid but with 5 subs going be super rotation,

Nice team. I'm thinking along the same lines as you for attacking players, I might go with Sterling and Nkietah unstead of Saka and Aubameyang though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭skippy15

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Nice team. I'm thinking along the same lines as you for attacking players, I might go with Sterling and Nkietah unstead of Saka and Aubameyang though.

I think Saka and nkietah are both risks, but think auba gets lot more game time than sterling, but need 3 city regardless

• Registered Users Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Dearg81 wrote: »

Then you'd have to forego one of Laporte, KdB or kun. Sterling is hardly worth it in that context given the uncertainty of the city midfield.

I'm leaning towards Mahrez instead of Sterling now. Gives funds for another big hitter up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Best double Sheffield United defense for 9.8m? Have Baldock and Egan currently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

Going to blow some minds here. Im seriously considering triple captian Grealish. 2 home games, guranteed to play unless injured, main man on the team, Shef should be going for the win.
    City team is too unpredictable, Arsenal are away for both games one of which is City.

Going to blow some minds here. Im seriously considering triple captian Grealish. 2 home games, guranteed to play unless injured, main man on the team, Shef should be going for the win.
    City team is too unpredictable, Arsenal are away for both games one of which is City.

They may be home games but there will be no home support though
    It’s not an absolutely mental idea though
    I can see the rationale behind it
    It’s not beyond the realms of possibility he gets a goal , and assist and some bonus points
    That’s an excellent return for TC chip
    And
    It will be in a week when he will not be captained by many others so gains could be huge

I currently have him as VC . I will not be having C and VC from same team (city )
    I almost learned that lesson the hard way earlier this season
    For reminder of season captain and vc will be from diff teams AND diff games just in case .

I think if you are brave enough to go for that it might work .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Think I'm sold on Abraham now!

Have Jiminez but might go Abraham now too, as it would allow me to upgrade Egan to Baldock as well.

Fixture list isn't really kind outside of DGWs which is what tpushed me towards Jimi - consistent and on pens. Villa's consistency in conceding chances probably trumps that.

Only concern is Chelsea were doing well with Giroud in the team when Abraham was out pre lock down.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Someone I don't see in many teams is Mason Greenwood.

He started in what looked like Man Utds first choice front 5 against West Brom.

Rashford Martial Greenwood
    Pogba. Bruno

Could be an interesting option for a cheap third striker as you'd have to imagine he'll get plenty of minutes. Currently at 4.3m

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'm back and have all my chips. So am I reading this right in that I basically have an extra wildcard for the start of this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'm back and have all my chips. So am I reading this right in that I basically have an extra wildcard for the start of this week?

Yes. Unless you use FH this week which leaves you with the team you have now

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭OutTheGap

Lemlin wrote: »
    You have unlimited transfers, so you can use your triple captain or bench boost as well this week if you want (you could also use your free hit if you wanted your original team back for GW31+)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Yes. Unless you use FH this week which leaves you with the team you have now

So will I also get to keep the wildcard I had left too?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,882 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Villa fan here. Unless we're a whole different prospect to what we were before football ended, I would advise you against this.

The rot had well and truly set in since the turn of the year (although it had began in early December), and while obviously the defence was the really bad part of the team, there was nowhere near the attacking threat you saw up until the Man United game.

McGinn is obviously significant, but is he going to turn things around from the first 2 games back? I hope so, but we've seen how those things have gone in the past.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I think you might be in danger of flying too close to the sun with that one ;)

Advertisement