Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW30+ Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Lemlin wrote: »
    So will I also get to keep the wildcard I had left too?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 15,105 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Think I'm gonna go with Abraham for the DGW, but ensure that I've enough in the bank to get Jimi in for his better fixtures in GW31 onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,821 ✭✭✭✭CSF

FitzShane wrote: »
    Think I'm gonna go with Abraham for the DGW, but ensure that I've enough in the bank to get Jimi in for his better fixtures in GW31 onwards.
    Only risk with having a transfer hard planned in advance at the moment, would be that lineup shocks are a big risk with both a big contagious disease out there, and also lots of players probably returning to training at different levels of fitness.

So you could find yourself with more pressing business to take care of by the time GW30 ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Looking at FH

Henderson

Mings / TAA/ Lundstram

Pepe / Grealish / Fleck / Sterling / KdB

Aguero / Auba

Mings & Lundstram could become Targett or a safer Sheffield option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Probably going to be playing my free hit and my first draft looks like this:

Reina

Stevens Baldock Egan TAA

KDB Sterling Grealish

Aguero Auba Jiminez

Activated free hit and have tinkered a bit to get to 10 DGW players with 6.2 in bank for a defender. Could go for Luiz to make it 11 DGWers but its exactly enough for Alonso too which this thread has tempted me towards.

Henderson

Stevens Egan Alonso

Sterling KDB Grealish Pepe Saka

Aguero Auba

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,105 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

CSF wrote: »
    Only risk with having a transfer hard planned in advance at the moment, would be that lineup shocks are a big risk with both a big contagious disease out there, and also lots of players probably returning to training at different levels of fitness.

So you could find yourself with more pressing business to take care of by the time GW30 ends.

I think I'll just have to live by my decision tbh. I'm going in with 14 starters, maybe 15, so I should be able to have a strong team every other week even if there is 1 player missing. Well, in theory anyways!

In my own eyes, I had a good team built for this run in off of the back of a WC pre-COVID break. That of course could all unravel on the field but that is the joys of the game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭macraignil

Currently on

Leno
    Robertson, Alexander-Arnold, Lundstram, Doherty
    Salah, De Bruyne, Saint-Maximin, Fernandes
    Aubemeyang(c), Jota

McCarthy, Fernandez, Calvert-Lewin, Cantwell

with no transfers made this week. Kind of happy enough to stick with this as I made the changes I wanted over the lock down. Does this mean I will have two free transfers next week or does the limitless transfers they have introduced for the week mean everyone will be back to one free transfer next week regardless?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

macraignil wrote: »
    Currently on

Leno
    Robertson, Alexander-Arnold, Lundstram, Doherty
    Salah, De Bruyne, Saint-Maximin, Fernandes
    Aubemeyang(c), Jota

McCarthy, Fernandez, Calvert-Lewin, Cantwell

with no transfers made this week. Kind of happy enough to stick with this as I made the changes I wanted over the lock down. Does this mean I will have two free transfers next week or does the limitless transfers they have introduced for the week mean everyone will be back to one free transfer next week regardless?

I’d imagine we will all have only one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

km79 wrote: »
    I’d imagine we will all have only one

Yea just like the start of the season when you get 1 transfer for week 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

I have a choice between aguero, targett and fernandes vs rashford, laporte and Son. any idea? I do have ederson in goal, dont see arsenal or burnley scoring

Thinking triple captain kdb if no aguero.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

I have completely forgotten everything I have used previously around making decisions for fpl.
    Pain in my hole too as used the wildcard in 37 still have all other chips in play think I'm setting up like this for the start

Ederson

Walker Stevens james

Pogba son grealish mount

Aguero haller abraham

Fabianski taa justin fleck

Plan is to bench boost this week and aguero to auba after the double. Too much money on the bench maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I think I've settled on this BB team, just can't decide on my last defender, mid and attacker. I have 15.7m to spend:

Leno/McCarthy
    TAA/Egan/O'Connell/Targett/?
    KDB/Sterling/McGinn/Grealish/?
    Auba/Aguero/?

Some options (not going to chance Saka):

A) Lascelles, Traore, McBurnie
    B) Tanganga, Fleck, Ings
    C) Hanley, Fleck, Pukki
    D) Lascelles, Fleck, Jota (or 6.4m attacker)

sheroman01 wrote: »
    I think I've settled on this BB team, just can't decide on my last defender, mid and attacker. I have 15.7m to spend:

Leno/McCarthy
    TAA/Egan/O'Connell/Targett/?
    KDB/Sterling/McGinn/Grealish/?
    Auba/Aguero/?

Some options (not going to chance Saka):

A) Lascelles, Traore, McBurnie
    B) Tanganga, Fleck, Ings
    C) Hanley, Fleck, Pukki
    D) Lascelles, Fleck, Jota (or 6.4m attacker)

Of those
    D
    Easily

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭skippy15

Ye d by some distance,

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭gandalfio

C

If I FH i might end up going with leno in goals instead of henderson as it allows double defence and fleck.
    There is a sentence I thought I would never type
    Perhaps with good reason!

first stab at free hit
    leno (button)
    TAA o connell egan (kelly/4.1, 3.9)
    kdb sterling pepe grealish fleck
    aguero auba (greenwood)

Not entirely sure I want Leno, Sterling, pepe, Auba
    or to free hit
    :D

Going to downgrade Pepe to a cheap mid who will be benched . Maybe saka
    Upgrade greenwood to Abraham or pukki

That will still leave me with cash ITB so May as well upgrade kelly and Chilean to Chris starting defenders
    Maybe even button too
    That’s all optional and will be done at the last minute

The question I am now asking myself Is if I have the right pair of sheff united defenders
    I can now afford any two
    I did read that villa and newcastle concede a lot from set pieces but O Connell and Egan have hardly any attacking points . They are secure 90 minute players though
    Stevens is very tempting for one of them
    I’m terrified of switching out the wrong one though !
    baldock also tempting
    The lord is roo risk tempting and all as he is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Think I'm settled on

Henderson

Egan
    Baldock
    Konsa

Grealish
    KDB
    Mahrez
    Mane

Aguero
    Auba
    Samatta

2 playing subs just in case

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Konsa nowhere near guaranteed to start, would be risky. Targett/Mings are only .1m more if you're set on a Villa def.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,363 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Have the bones of my team in place. BB'ing with no wildcard. Trying to get a decent squad for the DGW without a big benching dilemma next week.

DGW players in bold

Leno Henderson
    TAA Laporte Doherty Targett Egan
    Mane KDB Fernandes Grealish Sarr
    Pukki Jiminez DCL

Not going overboard on City/Pool as I believe they're done. DCL the only other player I think has nothing to play for.
    Really like Watford's and Wolves fixtures, there's goals there, hence Sarr, Jiminez, Doherty.
    Also can see Pukki scoring in the home games.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Have the bones of my team in place. BB'ing with no wildcard. Trying to get a decent squad for the DGW without a big benching dilemma next week.

DGW players in bold

Leno Henderson
    Pukki Jiminez DCL

Not going overboard on City/Pool as I believe they're done. DCL the only other player I think has nothing to play for.
    Really like Watford's and Wolves fixtures, there's goals there, hence Sarr, Jiminez, Doherty.

Very different to mine

I think after this week I'll be happy with a back three of
    Ritchie - Boly - Maguire
    Thats led me to a team of

Leno - Martin
    Ritchie - Boly - Maguire - Egan - Kelly
    Sterling (C) - Son - Grealish - Todd - Bruno
    Aguero - Jota - Auba

1m in the bank

With an eye on Tammy, Jimi, Kane, Salah/Mane when I see how things are working out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I really feel that Kun is a bit of a trap, but there is so much upside associated with him....

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Anyone give me some advice on my bench boost for this gameweek? I’ll probably wildcard after this gameweek too.

Henderson Reina

TAA Doherty Fernández Lundstram Saiss

Mahrez KDB Grealish Fleck Saka

Jiménez Agüero Auba

I’ve nothing left in the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I really feel that Kun is a bit of a trap, but there is so much upside associated with him....

I have a huge unashamed bias for Aguero, but this bias has led to so many more huge upswings when he explodes compared to disappointing hauls or rotations.

One of my golden rules in FF is to never discount Aguero.

Maybe I've just got lucky with him, but the explosiveness is hard to discount.

I feel you can do so much more damage to your team by leaving him out and getting it wrong compared to having him in and getting him wrong (I would say that's particularly true in a one-week punt on a DGW).

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Shedite27 wrote: »

DGW players in bold

Leno Henderson
    Pukki Jiminez DCL

I wouldn't be so sure Liverpool are done once they secure the league.

I think they'll still be going all out to break all sorts of records on offer.

Get him but do not expect 2 games out of him so don't captain him is what I am thinking
    If we knew KDB was on pens for sure it would help with captaincy decision

• Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Torn between these two options. Any advice?

FH Team vs UTs & TC Team

FH Team...

Leno
    TAA Baldock Stevens Doherty
    KDB Sterling Grealish
    Auba Aguero Abraham

UT Team...

Leno
    TAA Stevens Egan Doherty
    Grealish Salah KDB (TC) Fleck
    Auba Jimi

Subs: Fernandes Jota Fernandez

(Save FH, play tc and tweak squad for upcoming fixtures)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Get him but do not expect 2 games out of him so don't captain him is what I am thinking
    If we knew KDB was on pens for sure it would help with captaincy decision

Think I'm going the same way.

Ederson KDB Kun

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

I can only afford one of Aguero or Aubameyang and it’s a head wrecker.

I have cash tied up in TAA, Mane and Jimenez and want to keep all 3, so funds are limited elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

team1.jpg

Latest draft. Going all in (almost) with 11 DGW players. Bench boosting into a WC the following week.

Hoping for:
    1. At least 1 Sheffield UTD clean sheet
    2. Mahrez getting at least 80 mins over 2 games
    3. Villa not getting hammered over both games (giving Targett a negative score)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

How do I activate Bench Boost after doing the free hit?

Advertisement