Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vodafone X - €20 Prepay Offers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

The speed is enough to watch stuff but not enough to download large files in a realistic amount of time. I used mobile hotspot 9n my ps4 and attempted to download a massive file. Ps4 calculated 36 hours to download yet kept stopping every 20 or so mb.

Designed to watch a few cat videos in hd but not to take the pisz and download heavy. Too many would go nuts downloading at the weekend and costs would be too much for Vodafone. Fair enough

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

The speed is enough to watch stuff but not enough to download large files in a realistic amount of time. I used mobile hotspot 9n my ps4 and attempted to download a massive file. Ps4 calculated 36 hours to download yet kept stopping every 20 or so mb.

Designed to watch a few cat videos in hd but not to take the pisz and download heavy. Too many would go nuts downloading at the weekend and costs would be too much for Vodafone. Fair enough

Do your downloads g at night for large game files for ps4 I do it for my xbox for call off duty which has a 30 GB download every few weeks for the new seasons

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

Absolutely pathetic download speed and practically no upload speed( 0.5)

Gadge wrote: »
    6th of June is here and I'm still seeing my regular speeds. Can anyone verify if they're speeds have gone down to 10Mbps yet?
    I'm not 6.8 download
    0.5 upload
    Leaving unless this crap gets better

6th of June is here and I'm still seeing my regular speeds. Can anyone verify if they're speeds have gone down to 10Mbps yet?
    I'm not 6.8 download
    0.5 upload
    Leaving unless this crap gets better

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

naughto wrote: »
    Do your downloads g at night for large game files for ps4 I do it for my xbox for call off duty which has a 30 GB download every few weeks for the new seasons

I temporarily moved home for the duration of coronavirus and don't have wifi in new place. Iv been using my Mobile which was 30 GB a month with "unlimited" (it's not unlimited ie fair use policy in t+c) weekends as a hotspot for YouTube and Netflix. Playing ps4 offline.

Once I saw the message about unlimited (no fair use policy) weekends no catch I decided to try download a 60gb file yesterday evening. It's not possible at that speed. Even if I just left the ps4 on it would take nearly 40 hours. And even at that it keeps stopping and I have to pause and restart the download.

The boys in the Vodafone boardroom know exactly what they are doing so they don't lose out.

I temporarily moved home for the duration of coronavirus and don't have wifi in new place. Iv been using my Mobile which was 30 GB a month with "unlimited" (it's not unlimited ie fair use policy in t+c) weekends as a hotspot for YouTube and Netflix. Playing ps4 offline.

Once I saw the message about unlimited (no fair use policy) weekends no catch I decided to try download a 60gb file yesterday evening. It's not possible at that speed. Even if I just left the ps4 on it would take nearly 40 hours. And even at that it keeps stopping and I have to pause and restart the download.

The boys in the Vodafone boardroom know exactly what they are doing so they don't lose out.

It's unfair to those of us who just use it for normal use,I'm paying 2 PAYG ( son and I) and Siro broadband, so expected better from VF,not throttling back

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

Prob best to get a router as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Yeah I topped up today and still getting 60mbps download. I presume I have to change to the new plan otherwise I'll stay on my old weekend plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

I presume I have to change to the new plan otherwise I'll stay on my old weekend plan.

According the the website, the 10Mbps cap applies to all Weekend customers which has been renamed to Vodafone X...same as the plan for new customers. That's the unusual part of this change....normally existing customers keep the legacy plan but Comreg must have given permission to apply the change to existing customers in return for an unlimited plan at an affordable price.
    https://n.vodafone.ie/aboutus/customer-notifications.html

Only time will tell whether or not they enforce it.

• Advertisement

Ten Pin wrote: »
    According the the website, the 10Mbps cap applies to all Weekend customers which has been renamed to Vodafone X...same as the plan for new customers. That's the unusual part of this change....normally existing customers keep the legacy plan but Comreg must have given permission to apply the change to existing customers in return for an unlimited plan at an affordable price.

They certainly enforced it until about an hour ago piss poor download/ upload ,git onto VF Twitter , public and private,hir a response, magically it's back up to 38 Mb (ps to keep ye all happy)

Ten Pin wrote: »

I honestly think they throttle back when they want,like a bloody tap on/ off on /off, I've 4G back now mysteriously

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Ping 39ms
    Download 3.88Mbps

on Vodafone 4G, pretty bad, will be looking for a new provider ASAP.

edit: mobile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭4motion

ping 25
    dw 160mbps so is still ok for me

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Darksoul

Ping:40
    Down: 2MB/s
    Up: 5MB/s

Darksoul wrote: »
    Ping:40
    Down: 2MB/s
    Up: 5MB/s

Was getting similar fir most of yesterday contacted VF in Twitter both public ( to embarrass the bolloxes)and private , mysteriously 4G reappeared an hour later, coincidence? They can throttle on / off, now getting 35 down/ 2.5 up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭homingbird

Those posting s speed tests it would be a help if you are doing it via phone or modem.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Darksoul

homingbird wrote: »
    Those posting s speed tests it would be a help if you are doing it via phone or modem.

Speeds were done via mobile, and I think I will complain later about speeds later on if they can make mine faster,I'm based in Tipperary.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,738 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I just checked on my phone 99 down 9 up, nothing wrong with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭homingbird

To help even futher if you could post your county so others could share there experience in same county.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

CoBo55 wrote: »
    I just checked on my phone 99 down 9 up, nothing wrong with that.

You’ve got 99 problems but your download speed ain’t 1....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Ping:24
    Down: 1.69 MB/s
    Up: 1.22 MB/s

Athlone.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Gadge

yabadabado wrote: »
    Ping:24
    Down: 1.69 MB/s
    Up: 1.22 MB/s

Athlone.

What kind of speeds were you getting before the change?

Mine is 87Mbps/2Mbps ping 41ms north Tipperary

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

98 / 31 in Ballincollig just now.

Maybe this drops the next time we top-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

What kind of speeds were you getting before the change?

Mine is 87Mbps/2Mbps ping 41ms

I know I checked about a month ago a few times and it was always low to mid 20s.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭theintern

No change here. 49 down, 22 up, similar to before in Galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭4motion

Mine now is faster than before today i had:
    190download
    60 upload

Co.Wexford

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭pm.

55 down
    6 up

Still not bad, Mullingar Westmeath

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Skidfingers

Got a text there saying next time I top up by €20 I will get unlimited data, unlimited texts and 100 any network mins. Unlimited weekend calls. Mentions the max speed of 10Mbs.

I topped up on Friday (contacted Vodafone support first to ensure I was getting unlimited data for the month if I topped up) and I'm getting DL speeds of 159, upload speeds of 18.8 in Galway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

South Carlow (the nice part):
    Getting Ping 30 to 40, D/L between 8 and 12Mbps, U/L 7 to 12 Mbps
    BUT: both last night and tonight got a brain fart about 7 pm when everything stalled for a few minutes.

MyVodafone changed a few times since I renewed on Friday - initially said I had 30GB as usual, then told me I was on the new X tariff, and "data remaining" went to ZERO (though everything went along fine). Then Data Remaining display disappeared completely until today when it's back, saying I have 149.99GB left out of 153,600 MByes!

(for anybody else around here, they seems to be mucking about with the cell on Mount Leinster which according to ComReg doesn't have 4G, but I've been getting 4G logo and speeds from a cell somewhere over there, but very randomly- nothing for the past week. If anybody can recommend an Android app that can really pinpoint cell towers I'd appreciate it. The ones I have like OpenSignal given me daft locations like down in river valleys and even showed me 3 in the sea off Dun Laoghaire!)

Advertisement