Advertisement
Where is Report Post on mobile? We've made a slight change, see here
Have your say on the future of the 'Save Draft' feature in this poll
MODs please see this information notice in the mod's forum. Thanks!
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards

Vodafone X - €20 Prepay Offers

1454648505162

Comments



  • Same here I've my IPTV sub non phone as a backup or if waiting for my kid at sports etc ,bit 10 MB won't cut it

    I've watched UFC events with less than 10Mbps on my IPTV sub on my phone and it's been fine.

    ****, my Virgin router was acting the maggot yesterday and I was only getting about 7Mbps on the work laptop on WiFi, I could still do my days work fine.

    And please type it as 10Mbps, 10MB is completely different.




  • dowtchaboy wrote: »
    Just an update - Vodafone very nicely reinstated my €52 credit this morning, after a bit of Twitter back and forth all week. They also reiterated I needed to ensure that APN live.vodafone.com was in place for the Vodafone X thing to work properly. In fact they even gave me step by step instructions on how to manually add this APN - though really there's no need as it's built into the SIM and there's an instruction to reload the APN's from the SIM. But I notice on my phone (Moto G7 Plus) that the list of components of the live.vodafone.com APN is entirely greyed out, so it can't be edited any more - a consequence of Android 10, perhaps, as others have alluded to above?
    TBH I'm happy to continue with them, especially if the data rates settle down in my neck of the woods - 10Mbps is more than adequate for my needs.

    I asked about this earlier in the thread & was told you don't get to keep the credit so which is it as I am due to switch midnight 2moro & this is holding me back as I have subs going with 3 other than that I would give it a go to see is it better than 3.




  • homingbird wrote: »
    I asked about this earlier in the thread & was told you don't get to keep the credit so which is it as I am due to switch midnight 2moro & this is holding me back as I have subs going with 3 other than that I would give it a go to see is it better than 3.
    Nah this isn't the "pay €20 and get the plan and get your €20 in credit too" type of deal. €20 gets the all you can eat data, text and 100 mins of calls, and no credit for anything. However to stave off competition from Eir/GoMo etc these last few months, Vodafone have been giving €5/€10 credit as a gift now and then as a sort of loyalty bonus. There's a discussion elsewhere about what you can use it for. In my case not much. I guess I used a bit texting and calling my son in Germany, though usually I use WhatsApp which of course is free. Hence I built up €52 and it transfers from month to month. Except when it gets eaten!




  • Tazzimus wrote: »
    I've watched UFC events with less than 10Mbps on my IPTV sub on my phone and it's been fine.

    ****, my Virgin router was acting the maggot yesterday and I was only getting about 7Mbps on the work laptop on WiFi, I could still do my days work fine.

    And please type it as 10Mbps, 10MB is completely different.

    I'd love to show the screenshot but can't here, download speed via ookla states MB,,,, l stand corrected it's says Mbps,




  • Tazzimus wrote: »
    I've watched UFC events with less than 10Mbps on my IPTV sub on my phone and it's been fine.

    ****, my Virgin router was acting the maggot yesterday and I was only getting about 7Mbps on the work laptop on WiFi, I could still do my days work fine.

    And please type it as 10Mbps, 10MB is completely different.

    Yeah you're right ref Mbps , honestly couldn't see it
    Ref the 10 Mbps max download that wouldn't let me stream properly, my current IPTV needs 40 plus to get anything f decent


  • Advertisement


  • Tazzimus wrote: »
    And please type it as 10Mbps, 10MB is completely different.

    This is getting boring. Nobody cares. Everyone knows what the person means if they say 10MB.




  • FourFourFM wrote: »
    This is getting boring. Nobody cares. Everyone knows what the person means if they say 10MB.

    You cared enough to quote it.

    You do realise you can just ignore parts of a post that don't interest you, and no one gets upset about it?

    Some of us prefer information to be written correctly, must be the IT nerd in me.




  • Tazzimus wrote: »
    You cared enough to quote it.

    You do realise you can just ignore parts of a post that don't interest you, and no one gets upset about it?

    Some of us prefer information to be written correctly, must be the IT nerd in me.

    Or he was correct and everybody understands what the poster meant when he said 10mb. By the same reckoning you can ignore the part of the post where he said 10mb




  • Tazzimus wrote: »
    Some of us prefer information to be written correctly, must be the IT nerd in me.

    This is a consumer chat about a Vodafone pre-pay price plan. Kept the IT nerdy stuff to more appropriate threads. Thanks.




  • dowtchaboy wrote: »
    Nah this isn't the "pay €20 and get the plan and get your €20 in credit too" type of deal. €20 gets the all you can eat data, text and 100 mins of calls, and no credit for anything. However to stave off competition from Eir/GoMo etc these last few months, Vodafone have been giving €5/€10 credit as a gift now and then as a sort of loyalty bonus. There's a discussion elsewhere about what you can use it for. In my case not much. I guess I used a bit texting and calling my son in Germany, though usually I use WhatsApp which of course is free. Hence I built up €52 and it transfers from month to month. Except when it gets eaten!

    Thanks for fast reply I will stick with 3 for now then might get the sister to switch to check speed s.


  • Advertisement


  • 6th of June is here and I'm still seeing my regular speeds. Can anyone verify if their speeds have gone down to 10Mbps yet?




  • The speed is enough to watch stuff but not enough to download large files in a realistic amount of time. I used mobile hotspot 9n my ps4 and attempted to download a massive file. Ps4 calculated 36 hours to download yet kept stopping every 20 or so mb.

    Designed to watch a few cat videos in hd but not to take the pisz and download heavy. Too many would go nuts downloading at the weekend and costs would be too much for Vodafone. Fair enough




  • The speed is enough to watch stuff but not enough to download large files in a realistic amount of time. I used mobile hotspot 9n my ps4 and attempted to download a massive file. Ps4 calculated 36 hours to download yet kept stopping every 20 or so mb.

    Designed to watch a few cat videos in hd but not to take the pisz and download heavy. Too many would go nuts downloading at the weekend and costs would be too much for Vodafone. Fair enough

    Do your downloads g at night for large game files for ps4 I do it for my xbox for call off duty which has a 30 GB download every few weeks for the new seasons




  • The speed is enough to watch stuff but not enough to download large files in a realistic amount of time. I used mobile hotspot 9n my ps4 and attempted to download a massive file. Ps4 calculated 36 hours to download yet kept stopping every 20 or so mb.

    Designed to watch a few cat videos in hd but not to take the pisz and download heavy. Too many would go nuts downloading at the weekend and costs would be too much for Vodafone. Fair enough

    Absolutely pathetic download speed and practically no upload speed( 0.5)




  • Gadge wrote: »
    6th of June is here and I'm still seeing my regular speeds. Can anyone verify if they're speeds have gone down to 10Mbps yet?
    I'm not 6.8 download
    0.5 upload
    Leaving unless this crap gets better




  • Gadge wrote: »
    6th of June is here and I'm still seeing my regular speeds. Can anyone verify if they're speeds have gone down to 10Mbps yet?
    I'm not 6.8 download
    0.5 upload
    Leaving unless this crap gets better




  • naughto wrote: »
    Do your downloads g at night for large game files for ps4 I do it for my xbox for call off duty which has a 30 GB download every few weeks for the new seasons

    I temporarily moved home for the duration of coronavirus and don't have wifi in new place. Iv been using my Mobile which was 30 GB a month with "unlimited" (it's not unlimited ie fair use policy in t+c) weekends as a hotspot for YouTube and Netflix. Playing ps4 offline.

    Once I saw the message about unlimited (no fair use policy) weekends no catch I decided to try download a 60gb file yesterday evening. It's not possible at that speed. Even if I just left the ps4 on it would take nearly 40 hours. And even at that it keeps stopping and I have to pause and restart the download.

    The boys in the Vodafone boardroom know exactly what they are doing so they don't lose out.




  • I temporarily moved home for the duration of coronavirus and don't have wifi in new place. Iv been using my Mobile which was 30 GB a month with "unlimited" (it's not unlimited ie fair use policy in t+c) weekends as a hotspot for YouTube and Netflix. Playing ps4 offline.

    Once I saw the message about unlimited (no fair use policy) weekends no catch I decided to try download a 60gb file yesterday evening. It's not possible at that speed. Even if I just left the ps4 on it would take nearly 40 hours. And even at that it keeps stopping and I have to pause and restart the download.

    The boys in the Vodafone boardroom know exactly what they are doing so they don't lose out.

    It's unfair to those of us who just use it for normal use,I'm paying 2 PAYG ( son and I) and Siro broadband, so expected better from VF,not throttling back




  • The speed is enough to watch stuff but not enough to download large files in a realistic amount of time. I used mobile hotspot 9n my ps4 and attempted to download a massive file. Ps4 calculated 36 hours to download yet kept stopping every 20 or so mb.

    Designed to watch a few cat videos in hd but not to take the pisz and download heavy. Too many would go nuts downloading at the weekend and costs would be too much for Vodafone. Fair enough

    Do your downloads g at night for large game files for ps4 I do it for my xbox for call off duty which has a 30 GB download every few weeks for the new seasons

    Prob best to get a router as well




  • Gadge wrote: »
    6th of June is here and I'm still seeing my regular speeds. Can anyone verify if they're speeds have gone down to 10Mbps yet?

    Yeah I topped up today and still getting 60mbps download. I presume I have to change to the new plan otherwise I'll stay on my old weekend plan.


  • Advertisement


  • I presume I have to change to the new plan otherwise I'll stay on my old weekend plan.

    According the the website, the 10Mbps cap applies to all Weekend customers which has been renamed to Vodafone X...same as the plan for new customers. That's the unusual part of this change....normally existing customers keep the legacy plan but Comreg must have given permission to apply the change to existing customers in return for an unlimited plan at an affordable price.
    https://n.vodafone.ie/aboutus/customer-notifications.html

    Only time will tell whether or not they enforce it.




  • Ten Pin wrote: »
    According the the website, the 10Mbps cap applies to all Weekend customers which has been renamed to Vodafone X...same as the plan for new customers. That's the unusual part of this change....normally existing customers keep the legacy plan but Comreg must have given permission to apply the change to existing customers in return for an unlimited plan at an affordable price.
    https://n.vodafone.ie/aboutus/customer-notifications.html

    Only time will tell whether or not they enforce it.

    They certainly enforced it until about an hour ago piss poor download/ upload ,git onto VF Twitter , public and private,hir a response, magically it's back up to 38 Mb (ps to keep ye all happy)




  • Ten Pin wrote: »
    According the the website, the 10Mbps cap applies to all Weekend customers which has been renamed to Vodafone X...same as the plan for new customers. That's the unusual part of this change....normally existing customers keep the legacy plan but Comreg must have given permission to apply the change to existing customers in return for an unlimited plan at an affordable price.
    https://n.vodafone.ie/aboutus/customer-notifications.html

    Only time will tell whether or not they enforce it.

    I honestly think they throttle back when they want,like a bloody tap on/ off on /off, I've 4G back now mysteriously




  • Ping 39ms
    Download 3.88Mbps


    on Vodafone 4G, pretty bad, will be looking for a new provider ASAP.

    edit: mobile




  • ping 25
    dw 160mbps so is still ok for me




  • Ping:40
    Down: 2MB/s
    Up: 5MB/s




  • Darksoul wrote: »
    Ping:40
    Down: 2MB/s
    Up: 5MB/s

    Was getting similar fir most of yesterday contacted VF in Twitter both public ( to embarrass the bolloxes)and private , mysteriously 4G reappeared an hour later, coincidence? They can throttle on / off, now getting 35 down/ 2.5 up




  • Those posting s speed tests it would be a help if you are doing it via phone or modem.




  • homingbird wrote: »
    Those posting s speed tests it would be a help if you are doing it via phone or modem.

    Speeds were done via mobile, and I think I will complain later about speeds later on if they can make mine faster,I'm based in Tipperary.


  • Advertisement


  • I just checked on my phone 99 down 9 up, nothing wrong with that.


Advertisement