Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

European Prestige Sales Kildare

Options
  • 06-06-2020 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Has anyone heard of the above garage? Think they are in Naas, seen a van there on DoneDeal but never heard of them before.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Murt102

https://www.donedeal.ie/dealer/european-prestige-sales-ltd

They have some very nice stock for sale alright.

They are operating from an industrial estate in Naas since 2016, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Lleyn elec

Murt102 wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/dealer/european-prestige-sales-ltd

They have some very nice stock for sale alright.

They are operating from an industrial estate in Naas since 2016, I think.

Thanks the stock nearly seemed a bit too nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭scwazrh

They put a post up on instagram the other day saying they sold 44 cars during May.Now very few of their cars are under €50 k so even at an average price of €30k a piece that’s some turnover for a month where most garages are closed due to Covid

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Mintoe

scwazrh wrote: »
    They put a post up on instagram the other day saying they sold 44 cars during May.Now very few of their cars are under €50 k so even at an average price of €30k a piece that’s some turnover for a month where most garages are closed due to Covid

“..... where most garages are closed due to Covid” Sooo many garages were still selling away for last 2-3 months, front doors may have been closed but that doesn’t stop sales

Mintoe wrote: »
    “..... where most garages are closed due to Covid” Sooo many garages were still selling away for last 2-3 months, front doors may have been closed but that doesn’t stop sales

Obviously many garages sold cars but most garages were closed.Whats your point?

• Advertisement

scwazrh wrote: »
    Obviously many garages sold cars but most garages were closed.Whats your point?

My point is most garages weren’t in fact closed, most were open...... so it’s entirely possible they sold 44 cars in may.... your point seemed to assume their claim of 44 cars sold was exaggerated

From extensive experience I can recommend it’s always better to find the car you want then research the garage

Mintoe wrote: »
    My point is most garages weren’t in fact closed, most were open...... so it’s entirely possible they sold 44 cars in may.... your point seemed to assume their claim of 44 cars sold was exaggerated

I took 44 cars sold as fact , I’ve no reason to assume it is false . OP asked about the garage , I commented that they claim approx €1.5m of sales during a month the country is in lockdown.
    Sales like this would , to me anyway , show that they are a serious garage of good standing .

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Murt102

I think any car dealer managing to sell 44 cars during a month where there has been such a financial uncertainty, travel restrictions, and working behind ‘closed doors’ is doing very well!
    Lleyn elec wrote: »
    Thanks the stock nearly seemed a bit too nice!

OP were you looking at the Caddy or a different van?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I've seen a lot of their high end and high priced stuff photoed in front of units or a car park in an industrial estate. It makes me think what sort of setup sells 90k - 100k cars that doesn't seem to even have a premises not to mind a showroom. I personally wouldn't feel comfortable spending that sort of money on a car from that sort of setup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Lleyn elec

Murt102 wrote: »
    I think any car dealer managing to sell 44 cars during a month where there has been such a financial uncertainty, travel restrictions, and working behind ‘closed doors’ is doing very well!

OP were you looking at the Caddy or a different van?

Yep the caddy

Why are a company with that name and that lineup of cars selling a Caddy anyway? They’ve a Touareg as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

Why are a company with that name and that lineup of cars selling a Caddy anyway? They’ve a Touareg as well.

My thoughts exactly. The words "prestige" and a VW caddy certainly don't go together.

If they're serious about their "prestige" set up that caddy would be gone straight to the trade without ever being advertised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭maddness

I follow their page on Instagram, they have a serious amount of high end stock. Never dealt with them but looked at a car earlier this year and they were nice lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 GarethN70

Brought a fully loaded 2017 530d two years ago off them, gave me a better trade in on my F10 than main dealers.
    Will be using them again when I change
    Highly recommend them

• Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Going to all the trouble of registering on boards to post a glowing recommendation and you don't even mention what time you open. :)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

GarethN70 wrote: »
    Brought a fully loaded 2017 530d two years ago off them, gave me a better trade in on my F10 than main dealers.
    Highly recommend them
    Newly registered & first time poster highly recommends car dealer under discussion :pac:

take it for what it is, Everyone has to make there first post, I chose this topic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭carsfan2

Any idea where the high end stock comes from?

How much better than main dealer were the trade in figures and what is the after sales support like?
    That is where I would worry that you could be left high and dry if you run into bother.

carsfan2 wrote: »
    Any idea where the high end stock comes from?

How much better than main dealer were the trade in figures and what is the after sales support like?
    That is where I would worry that you could be left high and dry if you run into bother.

Mine was only 10 months old, was BMW management stock, they shift them at 9k miles apparently

Had no need for after sale support went to Bolands got a service pack

Trade in was a couple of k more than Bolands and Kearys Cork

It’s the extras that make the car for me and this has stuff I would never buy HUD,iCON lights etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭carsfan2

Mine was only 10 months old, was BMW management stock, they shift them at 9k miles apparently

Had no need for after sale support went to Bolands got a service pack

Trade in was a couple of k more than Bolands and Kearys Cork

It’s the extras that make the car for me and this has stuff I would never buy HUD,iCON lights etc etc
    I agree re. The extras, makes a difference to the ownership experience but hard to justify when paying out.
    Any grief from BMW dealers for not buying from them when it comes to service?

carsfan2 wrote: »
    I agree re. The extras, makes a difference to the ownership experience but hard to justify when paying out.
    Any grief from BMW dealers for not buying from them when it comes to service?

No they just wanted me to buy a service pack,which I did, no issues at all.

Reregistering the connect drive was an issue at first

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

They are opposite the NCT in Naas

Their cars are all so clean they must get them laundered regularly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭millington

Dealt with them a few times for different things. No issues. Seem to have good access to both Irish & UK stock.

Slightly strange to see no sign on the door, but the stock is an impressive sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

JCDUB wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly. The words "prestige" and a VW caddy certainly don't go together.

If they're serious about their "prestige" set up that caddy would be gone straight to the trade without ever being advertised.

Same could be said for them having only 3 petrol's, 2 hybrid's and the rest diesel's....

Prestige farm machinery maybe. :P

(says more about the depressing market in Ireland than it does about the garage!)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I viewed an M4 they had a few months back. The car itself was a UK import and the interior was a disaster. Marks all over the leather interior, worn buttons on the dash, everything was covered in that cheap slippery interior valeting crap, warning lights on the dash, front bumper had been resprayed but this was denied. The chap I dealt with was sound enough but overall I got a Srafelisd (sic) Motors type of feel from them.

I made an offer which wasn't accepted so I forgot about it (also helped that my own car had trouble which needed €€€). A few weeks later the car was priced at what I had offered and sold a few days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Golfgorfield

I went in recently to view a car, what i seen was cars covered in dust, flat wheels and general not many fks given if i bought or not.
    When you see the tarted up pics online dont expect to find a glowing showroom.
    as someone said, very high value cars being sold out of a dusty shed in an industrial estate by younglads.

Maybe its all above board and this is the future of prestige car buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭hooch-85

I have a feeling there might be more going on here than meets the eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Highly recommend them

And on a stark contrast I got a ****ty trade in offer on mine when looking to change!

Although a mate did buy a Range Rover Sport off them and was happy with everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭traco

I've seen the place while using the NCT. Not a clue about them so can't comment.

The only nugget I can offer is that I tend to buy the car and not the garage so if you don't know what you are at bring someone that does. Nice shiny stainless steel and glass as likely to sell rubbish as a lad working from a cow shed in my humble opinion.

Advertisement