Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

European Prestige Sales Kildare

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,100 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

traco wrote: »
    I've seen the place while using the NCT. Not a clue about them so can't comment.

The only nugget I can offer is that I tend to buy the car and not the garage so if you don't know what you are at bring someone that does. Nice shiny stainless steel and glass as likely to sell rubbish as a lad working from a cow shed in my humble opinion.

How many €100k+ cars have you bought that way though? ;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,615 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

bazz26 wrote: »
    How many €100k+ cars have you bought that way though? ;)

Similar to the rest of us?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Similar to the rest of us?

As in none! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Is this company any “relation” to Motor Corp?

Seems to be same situation. High end. Good prices. Websites built the same way.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭bs2014

Never dealt with them. Personally I always get a tad nervous by garages who don't have a person's name over the door. Lack of personal touch etc. They could well be fine....and even if they are gangsters if the price and trade in is right and the car is right happy days... but you only really get to know a good garage when something goes wrong. There is a garage close to where I live is selling bucket loads of fancy UK mercedes and bmws. Has a shady past loosing franchises and moving premises. Their cars look class and I was asking a few local mechanics and people and they told me dont go near him hes a Del boy......however.....the son of the owner is a whizz on social media. But......i notice about 1 in 10 cars seem to only sell locally....alot of fly by night customers from Dublin Donegal Tipperary etc. Yes we have online sales but true good dealers have a strong local presence. Its increasingly difficilt to cut through what is good marketing for a good business and good marketing for a cover up gangster

• Advertisement

bs2014 wrote: »
    Never dealt with them.

Well this was a fairly sweeping statement and said with no actual back up? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭millington

bs2014 wrote: »
    Never dealt with them. Personally I always get a tad nervous by garages who don't have a person's name over the door. Lack of personal touch etc. They could well be fine....and even if they are gangsters if the price and trade in is right and the car is right happy days... but you only really get to know a good garage when something goes wrong. There is a garage close to where I live is selling bucket loads of fancy UK mercedes and bmws. Has a shady past loosing franchises and moving premises. Their cars look class and I was asking a few local mechanics and people and they told me dont go near him hes a Del boy......however.....the son of the owner is a whizz on social media. But......i notice about 1 in 10 cars seem to only sell locally....alot of fly by night customers from Dublin Donegal Tipperary etc. Yes we have online sales but true good dealers have a strong local presence. Its increasingly difficilt to cut through what is good marketing for a good business and good marketing for a cover up gangster

I know exactly who you're talking about and I honestly don't know how they're selling stuff. Their social media is totally unproffesional and the cars aren't even very well prepped. The owner does of a bit of a reputation from years back alright, although I'm sure the cars are fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭bs2014

millington wrote: »
    I know exactly who you're talking about and I honestly don't know how they're selling stuff. Their social media is totally unproffesional and the cars aren't even very well prepped. The owner does of a bit of a reputation from years back alright, although I'm sure the cars are fine.

Place I'm referring too social media is very very professional (in my opinion) and that's what makes them so convincing if you are just buying a car purely online.

millington wrote: »

I have said in a previous post they offered me a crappy trade in value on mine but I now 2 people that have bought cars there and they couldnt have been happier with the service and price. Those fancy BMW/Audi/Range Rover showrooms have to be paid for so thats why they are more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,100 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd be more concerned about them being around in 6 months time when you have to go back to them with a problem with your 100k car. A let unit in an industrial estate just doesn't inspire me with confidence in regards to long term business commitment. Just too easy to pack up and be gone overnight imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭dave45dave

Was up there today. Two very ignorant lads. Was looking for a newish 5 series or x5. Pulled up in my work van so they couldn't be arsed dealing with me. One place I won't be going back to

• Registered Users Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭goochy

They appear to have a garage in UK also dealing in similar stock . Strange !! Most ' normal.' Garages do well to be in one country never mind two.

Not the first time I have heard that. Sense of self entitlement, we know what we have and if you don't buy it someone else will.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭goochy

dont think it really matters whether someone buys cars from them or not - dont think thats there main purpose !

theres quite a few irish people running car businesses in the uk ad theres a reason they are over there ! just as why theres certain people over the other side of the world rather than here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭User1998

Have you ever spoken to the owner or bought a car from him?

Trying to sell high performance cars in Ireland is hard enough as it is, never mind what Brexit has done to the market.

Made sense to expand into the UK market and he seems to be doing great over there. Fair play to him

Advertisement