Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Delivery Restrictions to Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,301 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I've had two free trials of Prime so far and can't figure out why they think anyone in this country would actually pay for it.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I've had two free trials of Prime so far and can't figure out why they think anyone in this country would actually pay for it.

If you live in Dublin and its outside of COVID it can be good as you know exactly when itll come normally. Its not faster, just more consistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

It used to be excellent - reliable delivery in 2 days for majority of items. Plus Prime Music (and €2 discount on Amazon Music if you want to go this route) plus Prime Video plus Prime Library. There was a lot of for your money.

Now it is rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

ED E wrote: »
    If you live in Dublin and its outside of COVID it can be good as you know exactly when itll come normally. Its not faster, just more consistent.

I always find their delivery date to be accurate - no wonder when they give themselves 10 days to deliver. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

I've just discovered Amazon have other restrictions for Irish customers.

The order says the item is out of stock but website shows its still in stock.

Amazon rep tells me that its not in stock in the nearest Fulfillment Center but they do have stock in another Fulfillment Center.

If I make another order for the same item for a UK address then it will be delivered in 4 days time (Friday).

Two tier system with Ireland being on the bottom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Caranica wrote: »
    Tried there first. Think the XL was out of stock, or there was a delay. Viking direct delivered next day

Just a heads up on Viking Direct, They are listing items as in stock when they are not and taking the money even if they don't know when it will be back in.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,063 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I placed an order with Amazon last Tuesday. The stuff to parcel motel is showing the same delivery range as the stuff coming by post to me. Not the same experience others are reporting. All ordered and dispatched on the same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 squonkie

I placed an order with Amazon last Tuesday. The stuff to parcel motel is showing the same delivery range as the stuff coming by post to me. Not the same experience others are reporting. All ordered and dispatched on the same day.

You are lucky. Bought a router before knowing this issue and its down to be delivered on 15th June. If I choose Parcel Motel in the north its the 6th

squonkie wrote: »
    You are lucky. Bought a router before knowing this issue and its down to be delivered on 15th June. If I choose Parcel Motel in the north its the 6th

No I'm unlucky. The stuff going to parcel motel is taking just as we long as the stuff coming directly to me, 2 weeks. All was in stock. Interestingly the stuff going to parcel motel dispatched earlier but still hasn't arrived there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Have been using Prime for about 18 months and as somebody who buys very little online due to crap delivery times etc, I was a major convert when every single item arrived within 2 days.

Over the last few months it has just become a joke. Everything taking about a week to 10 days. Ordered a 3 pack of small usb C cables on 31st May at around 2am and they still haven't even been dispatched. Think I'll cancel my sub if things don't start to change within next few weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Ordered cables and will take 2 weeks. Ordered air con unit and will take between 3 to 5 working days. Was dispatched the day after I ordered it

• Registered Users Posts: 45,913 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Has anyone here actually asked Amazon for an explanation?

muffler wrote: »

Yes waste of time in my case I was told at least three different stories common thread seemed to be item was out of stock when I ordered and the Amazon website doesn't update in real time, plus they did have one item in stock but it was in a different Fulfillment Center whatever that means.

After first couple chat sessions I ordered the same item to a UK address and got a delivery date of 4 days hence (not in stock for my IRL order). Then had another chat thats when I got the one in stock in a different Fulfilment Center story which when challenged was out of stock. Funny though first order to IRL stock went from 3 to 2 and second order to to UK stock when from 2 to 1?

Gave up in the end, cancelled the item to UK address and IRL address still awaiting a date. Website now shows out of stock.

Getting copy and paste scripts that don't answer the question. Have tried on 3 occasions, waste of time

Getting copy and paste scripts that don't answer the question. Have tried on 3 occasions, waste of time

I must of been really hard on them (did keep my cool) as I had one guy after another taking over the chat which I had never had before. Bl00dy annoying though when each has to review the previous chat (think thats an excuse to answer another of the simultaneous chats they have to deal with) and wastes another 10 minutes before a copy and paste reply.

Couldn't resist my last comment. "It really isn't in your best interests today to send me *A Message from Amazon Customer Service* because you haven't answered my question" They did send one :D but didn't explain why to the UK they could provide a delivery date but to Ireland the item was out of stock and remember that was after I had placed but not cancelled an order for Ireland. Sorry lads in wherever only one star.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Amouar

Amazon really became a joke. I made an order on the 21st May, the item was in stock at the time of the order and the status changed to Preparing dispatch. A few days later, the item is no longer in stock and my order is still stuck in "Preparing dispatch". I tried to cancel last week but they told me that i can't as it's in the "last step" before being dispatched. A week later, it still still stuck in the same status with no option to cancel.

As above with the last 2 replies. They just gave scripted replies about the international carrier etc, and I argued that any orders that I placed over the last few months arrived as propt as usual ONCE DISPATCHED, and that the issue was that they were taking forever to dispatch.

On that note, the order I mentioned about 4 or 5 posts back still sitting undispatched 5 mminutes ago since 31st May, so I have just cancelled it. Absolute joke. They really are the pits recently

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

One strange thing I noticed on my last delivery from Amazon was the parcel had a customs sticker with a value on it even though it came from the UK, never seen that before from Amazon sold by items.

I wonder is all this delay the beginning of all Irish bound parcels getting held up by customs at least until they get the Irish fulfilment centre up and going.

I also got the standard spiel when I asked why Ireland deliveries were taking so long...
    Coronavirus blah blah....working within government restrictions blah blah... essential items etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭dougm1970

ordered a tv mounting bracket last monday (prime member)...11 days ago...not dispatched yet....order summary says i'll have it next tuesday.

have to allow for current situation i suppose, first world problem really...no patience for waiting.

dougm1970 wrote: »
    ordered a tv mounting bracket last monday (prime member)...11 days ago...not dispatched yet....order summary says i'll have it next tuesday.

have to allow for current situation i suppose, first world problem really...no patience for waiting.

Its nothing to do with the current situation. The same item to a UK address would be there in a day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Anyone chance getting couple free months of prime if you threaten to cancel or will they just say off with you? Last a delivery was late I complained and they gave me 2 free months

I got ten pound credit for pointing out in every manner possible that I was not happy as a Prime customer that my order to Ireland was taking 11 days and if I changed the address to a UK one it was next day delivery. Hard work though took at least 30 minutes on chat.

2 items delivered to parcel motel NI today. 4 items, same order, delivered to my door today. All ordered 10 days ago. Only used parcel motel because items won't deliver to Ireland. Paid for that, not for faster delivery by the look of things.

My father ordered a Roku box at 2am on 31st May and I ordered 3 usb cables at 5 minutes before him

I'm a Prime customer. He's not. The Roku box is not available for delivery to ROI, so he chose Parcel Motel

Yesterday, as I mentioned above, I cancelled my order as it still had not been dispatched
    On the other hand, he received his order yesterday, even with the extra delay of Parcel Motel thrown in AND not having a Prime account!!
    Absolute joke

My pm items just arrived at parcel motel. My delivery items arrived this morning via An Post. Prime member, same order. At least with parcel motel I get the service I'm paying for. Same can't be said for Prime.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Trying to order the following

Delonghi Descaling Solution
    DeWahl Clipper Oil

Have ordered successfully before but now nobody will deliver to Ireland. Is this just because of Covid-19?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

I cancelled my prime this evening after speaking to Amazon customer care via chat. They can give absolutely no valid reason why items to Ireland are not being dispatched in the usual timeframe yet items to UK address' are.

When the items are dispatched the delivery times are as expected. There's obviously an issue at the their end.

Customer care were less than forthcoming, after a it of back and forth they pointed me to the terms and conditions and said goodbye.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Heighway61

VeVeX wrote: »

Customer care were less than forthcoming, after a it of back and forth they pointed me to the terms and conditions and said goodbye.
    Once, Amazon customer care was the best in the business. Sadly, not nearly the case anymore.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

VeVeX wrote: »
    I cancelled my prime this evening after speaking to Amazon customer care via chat. They can give absolutely no valid reason why items to Ireland are not being dispatched in the usual timeframe yet items to UK address' are.

But thats simply not the case, lots of stuff is taking longer then pre-covid to be delivered in the uk.

• Advertisement

Cabaal wrote: »
    But thats simply not the case, lots of stuff is taking longer then pre-covid to be delivered in the uk.

Precisely. Ordered 6 items last week, 4 to me and 2 to parcel motel (as they did not deliver to Ireland). All fulfilled by Amazon. 4 arrived by post to me yesterday. 2 arrived in parcel motel in NI yesterday according to the tracking so I'll have to wait a few more days for those.

Advertisement