Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2021 - Cancelled :( **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Walking through drogheda yesterday and there was a distinct smokey smell (i didn't know at the time, it was caused by the smoke from the gorse fires).

It made me think of the EP. I was trying to figure out why but then i realised it was a smell you would get walking alongside the various eateries :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭exilec

everlast75 wrote: »
    Walking through drogheda yesterday and there was a distinct smokey smell (i didn't know at the time, it was caused by the smoke from the gorse fires).

It made me think of the EP. I was trying to figure out why but then i realised it was a smell you would get walking alongside the various eateries :(:(:(

That was just probably Paddy McCabe you walked past :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

endainoz wrote: »
    Sounds like he's using liquid nitrogen. On a warm Sunday afternoon after two hard days at it, I'd probably pay 5 for it.

I had thought liquid nitrogen myself.
    I'm not sure i'd be bothered with it to be honest, but if I was going to treat myself, i'd be happy to pay that too i guess.
    Sounds great. The only issue I forsee is the Q's to drop off or reclaim your beers might be longer than the time required to cool them!

Q's into heineken cold rooms can take far too long in my experience and they have a few operating it.

Fair point.
    It'd possibly work better at a free flow, or smaller festival.
    EP has the heineken cold rooms, and increasingly restricted areas you can drink byob.

Thanks lads

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

endainoz wrote: »
    Sounds like he's using liquid nitrogen. On a warm Sunday afternoon after two hard days at it, I'd probably pay 5 for it.

I would say 5 quid to cool 6 cans would be very pricey. You would better off buying nicer beer that doesnt need cooling. Its only the crappy stuff that needs cooling as it helps mask the sub-standard taste. A nice IPA doesnt need cooling in my (not so humble) opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,400 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Rolling blackouts coastal fever for Vicar Street in March, I know there are a few fans on here. General sale tomorrow, presale here now:
    https://t.co/ex1TLQYrQ7?amp=1

Feels good to buy a ticket again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,266 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Rolling blackouts coastal fever for Vicar Street in March, I know there are a few fans on here. General sale tomorrow, presale here now:
    https://t.co/ex1TLQYrQ7?amp=1

Feels good to buy a ticket again.

Thanks for the heads up man, just got a pair. Unsure whether we're incredibly generous and just gifting a booking fee to TM but it certainly feels good to be hopelessly naive that all will be as normal by then.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up man, just got a pair. Unsure whether we're incredibly generous and just gifting a booking fee to TM but it certainly feels good to be hopelessly naive that all will be as normal by then.

I'm a glass half full kinda guy, Seathrun. We might have a socially distanced pint in March, so. Something to aim for.

I'm a glass half full kinda guy, Seathrun. We might have a socially distanced pint in March, so. Something to aim for.

Same here. Should be a pleasant gig then as that's the only type that'll be buying tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

The way it's going looks like everything will be back up and running by EP time :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

also got me RBCF tickets, not finding the new album as good as O hoped though

• Advertisement

sweetie wrote: »

Yeah, same. Hope Downs was a tough one to live up to.

sweetie wrote: »

Same here, not hearing any tunes coming through. Reviews are very good though (both have 84 on Metacritic) so maybe a grower.

Are we now needing to wear band t-shirts for this gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭endainoz

I wonder if things keep declining if they would relax on that one a bit? Like obviously everything is cancelled anyway, but fuinneamh and those type of smaller gatherings would like a bit more clarity I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Mr.S wrote: »
    Probably, especially small outdoor events.

For concerts / festivals - not sure how you can ensure social distancing at even 1m without drastically changing the experience.
    vSnFjA8.png?1
    xG4FpqW.jpg?1

Yes, it might drastically change the experience, but it would be fun :D:D
    It'd be worth it for the moshpit alone..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Probably, especially small outdoor events.

For concerts / festivals - not sure how you can ensure social distancing at even 1m without drastically changing the experience.

Am hoping so. Might get to Vantastival who pushed back to 18th-20th September. Might be a bit cool, temperature wise, but the caravan heating is good.

You may have seen the FB post from ECO camp site, FRs "Full capacity plan"

https://www.festivalrepublic.com/news/full-capacity-plan

We're all itching to get back but is this a bit far fetched?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭endainoz

Melvin getting involved with health matters? Jaysus.

He changed his tune in a big way from the interview a few months back! He's encouraging mass testing, which I suppose isnt a bad thing to be fair.

He's not wrong (a sentence I have not used in relation to Melvin before). Some of the things we love about our lives are not going to be viable with social distancing in place. So we wait for a vaccine or we try other methods.

Wow. Not a massive Lisa Hannigan fan but she's brilliant on Other Voices at the minute. Gorgeous stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,344 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Wow. Not a massive Lisa Hannigan fan but she's brilliant on Other Voices at the minute. Gorgeous stuff.

Saw her at All Together Now last year, superb, apart from the FOMO crowd making a racket coming in from the downpour.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

Tickets got for Joan As Policewoman next May. Is it possible to OD on live music cos 2021 is going to be mild overkill after several months of cold turkey?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Tickets got for Joan As Policewoman next May. Is it possible to OD on live music cos 2021 is going to be mild overkill after several months of cold turkey?

Tbh my plan is to go as many gigs as i can next year to make up for this year:pac:

I met her in the aisle of plane in Milan a few years ago, did the awkward in the way getting to the overhead locker. I like to think I played it cool, but I actually blushed like a teenage girl :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Tbh my plan is to go as many gigs as i can next year to make up for this year:pac:

Ditto all of this years rescheduled gigs plus as many more as i can get. Missing out has made me appreciate them even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Diito all of this years rescheduled gigs plus as many more as i can get. Missing out has made me appreciate gigs even more.

Yea i only had EP and Sunstroke sorted before the lockdown but had missed out tickets for the Hella Megga Tour but gonna guy one soon for next year. Yea def gonna hit up as many as bank balance will allow me ha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,860 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Any one know if World Party are still a going concern?

Have spent the evening clearing out and re-filling old and current iPods with music whilst imbibing a little too much wine (17 year old 3rd gen with firewire still happily rocking on), had forgotten how much I listened to his stuff many many moons ago.

2nd best to live music will be glasthomebury 26th to 28th of June, interesting to see how it turns out.

Some reasonably quality footage of Tame Impala last year, full set still available may interest some.

https://youtu.be/uIEawPifpqI

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Watching Guns N' Roses - an appetite for democracy (2014) on sky arts...
    Not impressed at all, the posing guitarists are getting in the way of it, Axl's voice not great either - not hitting those notes.
    Add to that another sonos gone hummmmmmm again... :mad: had to remove it.
    so the sound isn't great.

/rant.

• Advertisement

Fatfrog wrote: »
    2nd best to live music will be glasthomebury 26th to 28th of June, interesting to see how it turns out.

Some reasonably quality footage of Tame Impala last year, full set still available may interest some.

https://youtu.be/uIEawPifpqI

Still regret not getting tickets to their 3Arena show last summer

Advertisement