Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Total War Sagas

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,542 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Yeh, reviews for 'Rome II' put me right off. I suppose it's been patched to hell and back by now though. Might give it a whirl.

Fire up 'Medieval II' during the week and had a blast with that. Still holds up well. Can't believe that game is 12 years old! Ended up trying out the Kingdoms add on, which I never really bothered with. Played as Scotland too, for a change.

I forgot how much of a time eater Total War games were. :D

Total War Britannia on Steam sale for 13 Euro. Might have a punt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Tony EH wrote: »
    Total War Britannia on Steam sale for 13 Euro. Might have a punt.

It gets a lot of ****, but it's not that bad a game. It's not great, but it's certainly worth a shot ... plus how often do you get to play as an Irish faction in a game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

In other Saga news.

Fall of the samurai is getting rebranded and made standalone as a Saga game, and it looks like bronze age Troy/Greece is next. Can see then doing the same with Troy for heroes as 3 kingdoms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

I liked Alexander. That stayed fun because of the time pressure and requirement for ongoing aggressive expansion. Most of the games get really dull after a certain point.

Front cover of PC Gamer

491034.jpg

Wonder if they're going full fantasy or will there be a historic version too

Bit bigger of a difference than three kingdoms as that has the same characters to an extent but still human just heroic supermen if they do have the 2 modes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

It's a terrible trailer in all honesty. However, the big news is that this will be exclusive to the Epic Games Store for a year after launch, but it will be completely free if you claim it in the first 24 hours! (TW blog)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,986 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

When can you claim it for free?

Can't see any mention of date that the 24hr window opens.

I know Epic have "**** you money", but still what the hell.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    It's a terrible trailer in all honesty. However, the big news is that this will be exclusive to the Epic Games Store for a year after launch, but it will be completely free if you claim it in the first 24 hours! (TW blog)

I'm not going to bother, frankly. The historical TW games have been completely unremarkable since Medieval 2. I've still not bought Three Kingdoms.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

NIMAN wrote: »
    When can you claim it for free?

Can't see any mention of date that the 24hr window opens.

Launch is 13th of August, so I'm assuming that's when you can claim it.
    I'm not going to bother, frankly. The historical TW games have been completely unremarkable since Medieval 2. I've still not bought Three Kingdoms.

Three Kingdoms is very good imo. I haven't been impressed with the Saga games so far, but they're done by a different team to the main historical games.

Mr Crispy wrote: »

That's going to bring their servers to their knees.

Troy getting some DLC.

They've been putting out a few videos with riddles in them pointing to different mythical monsters, with the community thinking it's be actual monsters or slightly mocking what non mystical creature they could be (Hydra = 3 guys on a horse).

Post edited by Varik on

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Lamar Davis

Looks interesting,ill wait and see reviews before spending on it.

A first look at gameplay for the Mythos campaign;

Advertisement