Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam videos thread 3.4 (embedded car dash-cams only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,706 ✭✭✭✭josip

Check out the attachment, it's just for you! :D
    PS. If I can do this speed, take a pic that sharp, imagine what I can do with both my hands on the steering wheel.

What are we supposed to be looking at in the picture ?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭JustARandomGuy

wonski wrote: »
    We can only imagine.

You are pro racing driver?

Takes some skill to drive at that speed on motorway lol.

Your cel is on. Probably from that speed the ecu couldn't cope :)

One of my lambda’s is gone, sadly.

But wait, so apparently it doesn’t take much skill to drive on a motorway? But that guy who was doing 160 km/h is apparently not skilled enough to do that kind of speed. Which one is it then?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Lads put your mickeys away you'll get sun stroke.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

One of my lambda’s is gone, sadly.

But wait, so apparently it doesn’t take much skill to drive on a motorway? But that guy who was doing 160 km/h is apparently not skilled enough to do that kind of speed. Which one is it then?

You know the rules. I know them, too.

You either comply or face the consequences.

Simple as that. Drive for work twice a week using company car and set the limiter just in case. Can see plenty of drivers of vans etc, clearly company cars, doing just 100 on n7.
    No point getting the badge of honour for doing 130 there.

Can be done. Can I do 170? Sure I can. Anyone can. Some that can do 170 can't even park properly, though. Reaction times, observation skills etc.

You can't give tickets for being poor driver, though. Speed is just easy to detect and that's what they do. You know how this works. In every country.

Still, 460 hp, I'd like to see a Tucson keep up with that

They should be hung and shot the bastards!

Check out the attachment, it's just for you! :D
    PS. If I can do this speed, take a pic that sharp, imagine what I can do with both my hands on the steering wheel.

I’d love to be the one that gets to point and laugh at you wrapped around a tree some day.

Natural selection.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Understand some people find the polish videos boring, but thought this was entertaining..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

I pulled this still from my dashcam & probably have the file it came from saved too.

ShNJrCr.jpg?1

It's probably not worth posting as I'm not sure if the N47 is an actual road (bottom left hand side, beside GPS indicated speed).

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,639 ✭✭✭chooseusername

Looks like you were in Southern Germany someplace.
    Them looks like coordinates,
    Here I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

I’d love to be the one that gets to point and laugh at you wrapped around a tree some day.

Who points and laughs at someone wrapped around a tree :confused:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Kramer wrote: »
    I pulled this still from my dashcam & probably have the file it came from saved too.

Jesus, 248km/h were you driving a Porsche?
    How did you not spontaneously kill 4 other people whilst driving at such high speed ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

When I was working in Greece years ago, there was a road from Athens to where I was based, and it was a 15km stretch of motorway that was as straight as an arrow, and back in 2010 when I used to drive it, It was always fairly quiet, so I got a Passat TFI to to about 225 km/h indicated on it one day. (she was still creeping up as I took the photo, but I bottled it at about 225 km/h and eased back..)

https://www.google.ie/maps/@38.3746032,23.3945858,12.94z

514684.png

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

It's probably not worth posting as I'm not sure if the N47 is an actual road (bottom left hand side, beside GPS indicated speed).

A81 just east of the Swiss border on a german motorway with no speed limit. (GPS coordinates are in the picture)

No issues with that. I've actually hit 300 on the german Autobahn a few times. But you'd want good nerves for that :) And certainly good brakes and some quality rubber.

/M

Did someone change the thread title to ‘cock measuring for idiots’?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

liamog wrote: »
    Jesus, 248km/h were you driving a Porsche?

A plugin hybrid (PHEV) actually :pac:
    Did someone change the thread title to ‘cock measuring for idiots’?

I think the op or a mod are the only ones who can do that but I'll happily move my posts & dashcam videos to a ‘cock measuring for idiots’ thread, if you point me in the right direction.

:D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

A plugin hybrid (PHEV) actually :pac:

Must of been the Porsche Cayenne E-Hybrid then!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Dr. Steve Brule

I'm confused, is the decision to drive at over 200 km/h in a VAG car, that's nothing special, supposed to impress people? Weird.

Back to interesting videos I reckon lads...

I'm confused, is the decision to drive at over 200 km/h in a VAG car, that's nothing special, supposed to impress people? Weird.

To settle the weirdness before we move on, the Garda twitter thread often results in shock that any car can travel over 130km/h and that you must be driving some kind of supercar to achieve that speed, also a Porsche got caught on the N7 doing over 160km/h this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

liamog wrote: »
    To settle the weirdness before we move on, the Garda twitter thread often results in shock that any car can travel over 130km/h and that you must be driving some kind of supercar to achieve that speed, also a Porsche got caught on the N7 doing over 160km/h this week.

And on the german Autobahn speeds over 200 km/h are common. Any day of the week.

There are a few differences though to Ireland:
    - people who don't want to go that fast keep clear of overtaking lane .. unless they need to overtake a truck.
    - the german Autobahn has actually been build with the correct cambers in mind, when it comes to surface.

There are stretches of motorway in Ireland were camber and surface are outright shocking. And people hogging the overtaking lanes at slow speeds is outright dangerous here.

Either way: going over 200 km/h is nothing special. Over 250+ requires something a bit more pokey and often at least mapped, as there is a gentleman agreement between german car manufacturers to limit cars at 250 km/h disregardless. It is, what has paved the way to keep the german Autobahn at no speedlimit and a recommended speed of no more than 160 km/h. Under 160 is normal.

/M

Knock yourself out, and post away.....

Or is it just all the rest of us that only post videos?

Knock yourself out, and post away.....

Or is it just all the rest of us that only post videos?

What? I'll contribute to the intention of the thread, if I end up recording something of interest. No need for that.

• Advertisement

What? I'll contribute to the intention of the thread, if I end up recording something of interest. No need for that.

There’s nothing wrong with some chat on the thread lately, it’s better than little to no videos given hardly anyone is driving lately!! Personally I preferred these threads when there was no chat, as they usually decended into farce, but it was decided a few years ago that chat would be allowed so here we are, chatting.

There’s nothing wrong with some chat on the thread lately, it’s better than little to no videos given hardly anyone is driving lately!! Personally I preferred these threads when there was no chat, as they usually decended into farce, but it was decided a few years ago that chat would be allowed so here we are, chatting.

Agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,220 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

• Registered Users Posts: 17,332 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

07Lapierre wrote: »
    Shocking! :rolleyes:

What the quality? :D

fritzelly wrote: »
    What the quality? :D

No, the driving!

You’re only saying that because it’s those who can do no wrong involved. If it was a car had pulled out under someone like that I don’t think we’d have seen the eye rolls.

You’re only saying that because it’s those who can do no wrong involved. If it was a car had pulled out under someone like that I don’t think we’d have seen the eye rolls.

If a car had pulled out, the op would not have posted the video as it would not have been an issue. :rolleyes: the OP is driving too fast, but let's not mention that eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,160 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

07Lapierre wrote: »
    If a car had pulled out, the op would not have posted the video as it would not have been an issue. :rolleyes: the OP is driving too fast, but let's not mention that eh?

Can you share what speed the dashcam car was travelling at versus the speed limit on the road because I couldn't make it out from that clip?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

I'll repost that clip, quality is shocking.

Advertisement